Is that the same broach that Mika wore to the EMA's???

Lolliepop_girl

I was looking at my fave people on Perez(.com) and saw this pic of Rufus Wainwright wearing a broach at Glastonbury and I thought: Wait, that broach looks eerily familiar...

In case you've forgotten:

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/44213000/jpg/_44213091_mika_afp203picgall.jpg

And Rufus's outfit:

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_Djbdkts_1sE/R__Eyfq6ioI/AAAAAAAABhY/zudGE91EKFw/rufus_wainwright_04_wenn1403182.jpg

I'm just saying...

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was looking at my fave people on Perez(.com) and saw this pic of Rufus Wainwright wearing a broach at Glastonbury and I thought: Wait, that broach looks eerily familiar...

In case you've forgotten:

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/44213000/jpg/_44213091_mika_afp203picgall.jpg

And Rufus's outfit:

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_Djbdkts_1sE/R__Eyfq6ioI/AAAAAAAABhY/zudGE91EKFw/rufus_wainwright_04_wenn1403182.jpg

I'm just saying...

Oh and, look at that picture of Rufus, how his shirt has all those unrelated kind of... What can only really be discribed as "Bits."

The eye broach, the glittery lips...

Well, it kind of reminds me of: http://www.twentysevenviews.com/images/bands/mika01.jpg

Link doesn't work for me, so I hunted out a new one

6946715.jpg

And you are right!!

And what did Rufus once call Mika??

A twat?:naughty:

But he steals his brooch???

wha? what did he call Mika??:blink: i'm guessing it wasn't very nice:shocked:

edited: ohh I just saw you'd posted in white what he's said about meeks how dare he the lil' twat :shocked: I'd love to crack him one over the head how dare he say that about my poor meeks

oh yeah that brooch is identical isn't it!!! hhmmmmm

I don't think that was Rufus... it was Patric Wolf that called him that.

I just logged on to see all this about Rufus talking about Meeks and it is NOT true!

It was in fact Patric Wolf who posted that on his blog about Mika the day after he opened at Mika's show.

Although I think we ALL know who the REAL twat is don't we???

In fact, as far as I can see, Rufus hasn't mentioned Mika at all. Corect me if I'm wrong but Mika was the one who has mentioned Rufus several times (including his myspace) and I don't know of RW to respond ;)

yes,the second link dosen't work for me too..but,yes,thanks to blue sky,i think it's the same...good eye!!

Hahahahaha!

It's ironic that you say that because, and I want you all to laugh at this and not get awkward but I found it humorous that you said I have a good "eye" because I am blind in one of them :)

LOL, thanks, I don't know why I saw that, it was the lips I was looking at and it just kind of popped out and I thought "ha, it even has that diamond teardrop..."

Oh and, BTW, RW was performing with Patric the twat wolf at that exact show.

Maybe RW was trying to tell PW something?

Sticking up for Mika very subtly so as not to upset anyone?

Now I'm very tired, don't pay any attention to what I'm saying, as you may know by now, I am crazy :P

• 4 weeks later...

That broach reminds me of the Eye of Horus (Eye of Ra):wink2: Which is a symbol of protection. I wear a ring of it all the time.

5F639339-468F-4BB2-8867-CD5E36D0E6AA

And, I found this bracelet while searching:

silhoruseyebangleL.jpg

Anyway, it just reminds me of it.

Link doesn't work for me, so I hunted out a new one

And you are right!!

And what did Rufus once call Mika??

A twat?:naughty:

But he steals his brooch???

Noooooooooooooo, see below :wink2::

I just logged on to see all this about Rufus talking about Meeks and it is NOT true!

It was in fact Patric Wolf who posted that on his blog about Mika the day after he opened at Mika's show.

In fact, as far as I can see, Rufus hasn't mentioned Mika at all. Corect me if I'm wrong but Mika was the one who has mentioned Rufus several times (including his myspace) and I don't know of RW to respond ;)

You're correct Lolliepop_girl: It was NOT Rufus who called Mika a twat, but Patrick Wolf.

Why did he do it? In my opinion, because he was jealous about the fact that Mika was a relative newcomer on the scene and had already gotten a lot more success than himself....so he went down the personal discreditment route.

This was just after the Somerset House gig (which I went to, fantastic:wub2:) and Patrick was obviously not happy with the fact that Mika was the main bill and he was just his support. So he got nasty :sneaky2:. He just needs to grow up!!! I like his music but personally think that the guy is a bit of an idiot. I'd say if there are medals being handed out for twats, he would get the gold big time :lmao:

Anyway, why he did it is just my own speculation, but I wanted to clarify that it was not Rufus, but Patrick. Job done I guess :naughty: although I couldn't resist adding my own little bit there, such is life.

No, he got the broach in Dubai and he borrowed the ($6.5 million) diamond that the teardrop is made of.

Man, I am on FIRE today :D

I have it from the designer himself Simon Wilson...from "Butler and Wilson" that the brooch MIKA wore is one of his!!! and looks like same design that Rufus is wearing...I have the earrings that match it (they were a present I didn't just get them as M had a brooch lol altho I do buy alot of items from him...love Simon! :wub2:)

Someone may have put the diamond there but the brooch itself was from one of his shops.... in London or Monaco.

You can still but the brooch (without the diamond just a jewel) or have a look at http://www.ButlerandWilson.co.uk :thumb_yello:

xx

Yes, I remember the Wolf Incident. It wasn't Rufus.

I have it from the designer himself Simon Wilson...from "Butler and Wilson" that the brooch MIKA wore is one of his!!! and looks like same design that Rufus is wearing...I have the earrings that match it (they were a present I didn't just get them as M had a brooch lol altho I do buy alot of items from him...love Simon! :wub2:)

Someone may have put the diamond there but the brooch itself was from one of his shops.... in London or Monaco.

You can still but the brooch (without the diamond just a jewel) or have a look at http://www.ButlerandWilson.co.uk :thumb_yello:

xx

Actually, Mika got it in Dubai and borrowed the diamond. So you're probably right, thanks for clearing that up!

No darling, that was Patrick Wolfe! :thumb_yello:

Thanks.

we can all own a broach like mika's and rufus!

see??

http://www.butlerandwilson.co.uk/brooches/showitem.asp?1570,0,3,0,0

p.s. i don't want one! :naughty:

Yeah, I think only a special few can pull it off ;)

Noooooooooooooo, see below :wink2::

You're correct Lolliepop_girl: It was NOT Rufus who called Mika a twat, but Patrick Wolf.

Why did he do it? In my opinion, because he was jealous about the fact that Mika was a relative newcomer on the scene and had already gotten a lot more success than himself....so he went down the personal discreditment route.

This was just after the Somerset House gig (which I went to, fantastic:wub2:) and Patrick was obviously not happy with the fact that Mika was the main bill and he was just his support. So he got nasty :sneaky2:. He just needs to grow up!!! I like his music but personally think that the guy is a bit of an idiot. I'd say if there are medals being handed out for twats, he would get the gold big time :lmao:

Anyway, why he did it is just my own speculation, but I wanted to clarify that it was not Rufus, but Patrick. Job done I guess :naughty: although I couldn't resist adding my own little bit there, such is life.

Yeah, I think Perez is right, he's just out for the attention, first Mika, then he went for Perez.

http://www.perezhilton.com/category/patrick-wolf/

I tried, I REALLY tried to like his music. I gave it a fair chance and EVERYTHING but I just don't!

He's like when your dad wears your 5 year old brother's clothes. He annoys me and I think his music is just... Twatty (sorry, couldn't resist).

And you know what? As an aspiring musician, I would be HONOURED to support Mika at summerset. he's just a............

Finish this sentence anybody???:naughty: