The Circus Theme

CazGirl

So, what's the dealio with it?

I mean, of course I totally understand the Circus theme, Mika's been wanting to do it since he released LiCM, but other artists have also been bringing up the same theme!

For example, Britney Spears' new album (plus new single) is called CIRCUS.

Take That's new album is called THE CIRCUS (out same day as Britney's new album lol)

And P!nk's new album is called THE FUNHOUSE.

Seems like the theme is quite popular!

Discuss.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you`re right...

it`s a common theme in artists i think

circus could represent a lot of think depending of the person..

some could take the dark side of a circus, like sad clowns or something like that and other of the funny thing of a circus...

Mika`s cd i`m sure will be far better than Britney`s:bleh:

you`re right...

it`s a common theme in artists i think

circus could represent a lot of think depending of the person..

some could take the dark side of a circus, like sad clowns or something like that and other of the funny thing of a circus...

Mika`s cd i`m sure will be far better than Britney`s:bleh:

I like Britney lol. I'm not lying either xD

But Mika and Britney do different music, so there's not really much of a comparison to make lol

:boxed: don't mean to offend anyone... but i don't like the fact that britney is mentioned in the same sentence with mika :naughty:

maybe his new album name is going to be one night at mika's circus :bleh:

and no! i don't mean to make any paris hilton suggestion... but there's this book One night at the circus which Mika liked:bleh:

I don't think Mika will mention "circus" in the title of his new album. He knows that other artists have mentioned "circus" in their album titles. I think his title will be something none of us have even thought of before. I mean... who would have thought of the title Life in Cartoon Motion? I certainly would not have done!

I agree, Circus themes seem to be everywhere lately!!

Though I think Mika is being a little more detailed with his theme, it's not like Britney who was probably given no choice as to what "theme" her album might have.

I think with Mika's it's all to do with "Nights at the Circus" by Angela Carter:fisch:

seriously, he said it was his favourite book somewhere once and there seems to be a lot of references to it in his shows...even Grey Skelly seems connected to that book from the way I see it.

And Saranayde's Feathered headdress etc...

read the book and you'll know what I mean:mf_rosetinted:

Though I think Mika is being a little more detailed with his theme, it's not like Britney who was probably given no choice as to what "theme" her album might have.

I think with Mika's it's all to do with "Nights at the Circus" by Angela Carter:fisch:

seriously, he said it was his favourite book somewhere once and there seems to be a lot of references to it in his shows...even Grey Skelly seems connected to that book from the way I see it.

:thumbdown:i have the book on my pc but it's killing me reading so much from the screen i'll have to print it out and then i'll start reading it.

the book seems brilliant... i had this weird feeling about the circus since i was a kid...i was scared but in the same time attracted to clowns and all the circus related stuff.

That doesn't sound so original !

Sarcasm love:naughty:

Maybe it will be: Life in the motion of a rainbow circus rollercoaster karnival ride in the creative imagination of a clown tapdancing on a watermelon with no knickers on

I'd call my album like that. But then again, I will never release an album:naughty:

Maybe it will be: Life in the motion of a rainbow circus rollercoaster karnival ride in the creative imagination of a clown tapdancing on a watermelon with no knickers on

I'd call my album like that. But then again, I will never release an album:naughty:

aw that's lovely :naughty: easy to remember also :roftl:

imagine asking that in a shop :mf_rosetinted:

Rainbow Rollercoaster would be a good album title.

Actually though; the likes of Britney Spears might have "circus" in their album titles, but they will never UNDERSTAND the concept like Mika does. His circus themes will always be the best, because it's in his soul!

:thumbdown:i have the book on my pc but it's killing me reading so much from the screen i'll have to print it out and then i'll start reading it.

the book seems brilliant... i had this weird feeling about the circus since i was a kid...i was scared but in the same time attracted to clowns and all the circus related stuff.

wow, your reading an entire book on computer screen?!

it might be easier to buy it, it'll save your eyes!

it is a good book!

wow, your reading an entire book on computer screen?!

it might be easier to buy it, it'll save your eyes!

it is a good book!

i gave up after 3 pages :blush-anim-cl: i want to print it out. i looked for the book in shops, at the british library and nothing.... i think i'll buy it from the internet eventually

i gave up after 3 pages :blush-anim-cl: i want to print it out. i looked for the book in shops, at the british library and nothing.... i think i'll buy it from the internet eventually

yeah, I don't blame you for giving up.

But do buy it if you can, or rent it in a library, it's worth it:thumb_yello:

Eewww, I'll pass on Angela Carter thanks. She's plain weird and quite twisted. I read her book "The Bloody Chamber" in A-Level English and it had a collection of short stories. Little Red Riding Hood having sex with the bear? Gross!!

(Thinks of Mika's "teddy bear picnic" dance...)

yeah, I don't blame you for giving up.

But do buy it if you can, or rent it in a library, it's worth it:thumb_yello:

i bet it is :wink2:

well i'm off to finish Mr. Pip(that's a great book also) and get in bed... i'll have a yucky day tomorrow in school :thumbdown:

see ya!

aw that's lovely :naughty: easy to remember also :roftl:

imagine asking that in a shop :mf_rosetinted:

Easy, asking it fast is the problem:naughty:

Person: Hi do you have Lifeinthemotionofarainbowcircusrollercoasterkarnivalrideinthecreativeimaginationofaclowntapdancingonawatermelonwithnoknickerson from Mika?

Salesman: Uh, what?

Person: *sigh* Hi do you have Lifeinthemotionofarainbowcircusrollercoasterkarnivalrideinthecreativeimaginationofaclowntapdancingonawatermelonwithnoknickerson from Mika?

Salesman: Can you eat that?

Person: Oh my gooosh! Do you get candy when you buy his album? oooh Mika's such a cutie pie! So do you have it?

Salesman: Uh...*Goes to the storage and comes back with a teletubbies greatest hits album*

Rainbow Rollercoaster would be a good album title.

Actually though; the likes of Britney Spears might have "circus" in their album titles, but they will never UNDERSTAND the concept like Mika does. His circus themes will always be the best, because it's in his soul!

Britney's idea of a circus IS indeed a bit different to Mika's...I have the song "circus" as my profile song on Myspace, and I have some of the lyrics on my bio too, so check it out!

Person: Hi do you have Lifeinthemotionofarainbowcircusrollercoasterkarnivalrideinthecreativeimaginationofaclowntapdancingonawatermelonwithnoknickerson from Mika?

Person: *sigh* Hi do you have Lifeinthemotionofarainbowcircusrollercoasterkarnivalrideinthecreativeimaginationofaclowntapdancingonawatermelonwithnoknickerson from Mika?

Person: Oh my gooosh! Do you get candy when you buy his album? oooh Mika's such a cutie pie! So do you have it?

Salesman: Uh...*Goes to the storage and comes back with a teletubbies greatest hits album*

LMAO. Teletubbies. Brilliant.

:roftl: i went to the music shop two days ago (again) and asked (again) for mika's dvd and they told me we will get it BUT NOT THIS WEEK!

they hate me :naughty: whenever i get in they're ready to tell me :no we don't have notebooks with wall-e neither mika's new dvd :boxed:

Eewww, I'll pass on Angela Carter thanks. She's plain weird and quite twisted. I read her book "The Bloody Chamber" in A-Level English and it had a collection of short stories. Little Red Riding Hood having sex with the bear? Gross!!

(Thinks of Mika's "teddy bear picnic" dance...)

:naughty: I can definitly understand how some poeple don't like her...it is tough to read and enjoy, but her weirdness is kind of cool I think.

ah, see another reference!:bleh: he has to be getting even a lil inspiration from her stuff...

i bet it is

well i'm off to finish Mr. Pip(that's a great book also) and get in bed... i'll have a yucky day tomorrow in school :thumbdown:

see ya!

ah, I heard of Mr. Pip, never read it though.

oh no, I feel your pain, I'm up at 6am for college tommorrow:thumbdown:

:roftl: i went to the music shop two days ago (again) and asked (again) for mika's dvd and they told me we will get it BUT NOT THIS WEEK!

they hate me :naughty: whenever i get in they're ready to tell me :no we don't have notebooks with wall-e neither mika's new dvd :boxed:

LOL, I remember when Big Girl came out and I went to my nearest shop and asked if they had Mika's new single and they were like "no, what's it called?" and I was thinking "oh God this is slightly embarrassing asking for a song about fat women" lmfao xDD

:naughty: I can definitly understand how some poeple don't like her...it is tough to read and enjoy, but her weirdness is kind of cool I think.

ah, see another reference!:bleh: he has to be getting even a lil inspiration from her stuff...

I can see why you do like her, she's definitely different from others and she uses a lot of imagery, and although I can like dark stuff, it's a bit too dark for my liking. The thing with Mika though, is that although his stuff can be dark too, it also conveys an important message and makes it sweeter to listen to by smothering it in an awful lot of sugar and colour. LOL!