The Circus Theme

CazGirl

Hmm like Mignon?

Me, I like Fevvers. Beautiful and smart but not above helping others or letting people know what she thinks.

I have this inspiration book in which I put things that I read or hear that I like the sound of

I have a few things from Angela C because she's really an amazing writer.

Why don't you get it on itunes so you don't bother your eyes reading?

I can't do talking books though because I'm too visual ;)

i only listen to audiobooks when i don't like the book and i don't bother reading it.. though i need it for school.

i like reading so i'll just buy it. it's nice to have it on a bookshelf for later :wink2:

i made a notebook with inspirational stuff...more like a scrap book... but i always forget about it and scribble in my school notebooks :))

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i only listen to audiobooks when i don't like the book and i don't bother reading it.. though i need it for school.

i like reading so i'll just buy it. it's nice to have it on a bookshelf for later :wink2:

i made a notebook with inspirational stuff...more like a scrap book... but i always forget about it and scribble in my school notebooks :))

Aaw, I just recently made an inspirational book last week :)

It goes along with my song book. My book in which I write down all my songs :)

Ok, going to bed now, nite nite!

xx

Aaw, I just recently made an inspirational book last week :)

It goes along with my song book. My book in which I write down all my songs :)

Ok, going to bed now, nite nite!

xx

nice :)

Sleep tight!

Life In Cartoon Motion is totally original. He'l come up with a brill name for the new album. i know he will. i feel it right here. *points at heart*

:mf_rosetinted:

i just imagined him naming the album...best of Mika :roftl::roftl:

:mf_rosetinted:i wouldn't buy it...

ok i'm off to my homework...:blush-anim-cl:

i just imagined him naming the album...best of Mika :roftl::roftl:

:mf_rosetinted:i wouldn't buy it...

ok i'm off to my homework...:blush-anim-cl:

i would kill him. :mf_rosetinted:

seriously.. i hope he doesn't realease a "best of" album until he's 92- and even then i expect it to have at least 40 soongs on it.

i would be his 82-year old crazy fangurl-woman.

*doesnt believe you*

i would kill him. :mf_rosetinted:

seriously.. i hope he doesn't realease a "best of" album until he's 92- and even then i expect it to have at least 40 soongs on it.

i would be his 82-year old crazy fangurl-woman.

*doesnt believe you*

i don't believe myself either...i would buy it even if it was title-less :naughty::fisch:

uhmm *calculates*: i'd be an 86 y/o beating the kids to sit in the front row at his gigs :roftl:

i would be waiting until he fell asleep in his wheelchair, and then i would wheel him off as fast as i could, cackling away to myself hehe

mwuahaaahaha :roftl:

ask yourself if you'll be able to get off of your wheelchair in the first place:roftl::mf_rosetinted:

Maybe Mika came up with the idea for circus themes a while back? I thnik now, with the popularity the theme "circus" is gathering, it could be either a **** idea or great idea.

Perhaps it was chosen because there is so much room to do different things? I don't know, but I suppose that these other artists like Britney spears, Pink etc just won't expand it too far and will limit their ideas (or other's ideas) to this one album/ a certain number of gigs.

What would you guys say to that?

Sarcasm love:naughty:

Maybe it will be: Life in the motion of a rainbow circus rollercoaster karnival ride in the creative imagination of a clown tapdancing on a watermelon with no knickers on

I'd call my album like that. But then again, I will never release an album:naughty:

:lmao::floor::roftl::floor:PMSL now THAT I would LOVE to see...I mean...er an album of that title NOT the actual thing (spade ...dig....hole lol).

Maybe Mika came up with the idea for circus themes a while back? I thnik now, with the popularity the theme "circus" is gathering, it could be either a **** idea or great idea.

Perhaps it was chosen because there is so much room to do different things? I don't know, but I suppose that these other artists like Britney spears, Pink etc just won't expand it too far and will limit their ideas (or other's ideas) to this one album/ a certain number of gigs.

If I can be perfectly honest, I rather there was no theme at all. Just the Mika theme. So no special effects, or extra bits, just Mika doing his thing, singing his songs, and being himself....

I know that I have said this to saciety, but to me the utter beauty of Mika lies in his simple stuff. The best gigs that I have been to of his, are the ones that were more spontaneous and less elaborate and prepared.

With all these themes and all the circus stuff now, I really fear that he's focusing more on these props than on the actual music, and tht it's all becoming too "staged", if you get my drift, and that we will lose the preciousness that he has when he's presented "raw".

Anyway, it may not be what everyone wants to hear, but this was my opinion :roftl:.

I dunno, I would imagine that if Mika DID think of it all waaay back when... and it suddenly became popular before he had a chance to put his own album etc out there, then he would probs ditch the idea and do something totally different as I see him as .... I dunno... as wanting to be different from the rest, he likes to be unique and usually comes up with the goods :) but if it was almost all done and he was just fiddling with the finer details... then maybe he would just go with it, sometimes these things just happen that way and are unavoidable. Or maybe he will do it cos he WANTS to do it lol.

If I can be perfectly honest, I rather there was no theme at all. Just the Mika theme. So no special effects, or extra bits, just Mika doing his thing, singing his songs, and being himself....

I know that I have said this to saciety, but to me the utter beauty of Mika lies in his simple stuff. The best gigs that I have been to of his, are the ones that were more spontaneous and less elaborate and prepared.

With all these themes and all the circus stuff now, I really fear that he's focusing more on these props than on the actual music, and tht it's all becoming too "staged", if you get my drift, and that we will lose the preciousness that he has when he's presented "raw".

Anyway, it may not be what everyone wants to hear, but this was my opinion :roftl:.

I see what your getting at Sari, it's like... he doesn't really NEED all of those extras, he has something special and mesmerising about his persona without anything, he has enough talent and charisma in his little finger so...some of us would be just as happy with Mika....nothing more nothing less...just Mika is enough right? (though I DO love the confetti at gigs lol).

I see what your getting at Sari, it's like... he doesn't really NEED all of those extras, he has something special and mesmerising about his persona without anything, he has enough talent and charisma in his little finger so...some of us would be just as happy with Mika....nothing more nothing less...just Mika is enough right? (though I DO love the confetti at gigs lol).

Yes, that is exactly what I meant! Sometimes I feel like his special star quality is diluded when he has too many extras.......so hard to explain when I have such a clear idea of what I mean!! :roftl::roftl:

:roftl:

i would rise from the dead to see mika live :cool:

Ok, just don't make me get a paper round so you can make me walk the streets wearing that HIDEOUS fleourescent orange jacket like the ones old builders wear on construction sites so I don't get hit by a car!

:lol: I wasn't even allowed to cross the road so HTF was I supposed to get hit by a car in the first place?

Yeah, I'd like to see the landslide poll results as to who and how many would rise from the dead to see Mika live roftl

I came to the conclusion that Britney and Take that all have the traditional circus as a theme, Britney a sexy version and TT probably as well, never listened, but Mika's circus is more misery, crying clowns etc. and is more about the dark side of the circus.

I don't think it is by accident that the circus has been and continues to be a reccurring theme for artists in many genres. While at first glance the circus does project an instant state of celebration with the bright colours, big noises and familiar smells, ... under slightly different lights and influence of thoughts, the exaggerated flamboyance of it all takes on a decidedly grotesque appearance and can reveal much more subtle emotions.

The idea of the sad clown, the jester, the tragic puppet, the circus freaks; -- all of the celebrated fools: Petrouchka, Nasrudin, Pulcinello, Punch , Karagiosis (of the greek shadow puppet theatre) --they all seem to be a point of attraction to artists meditating on their lives. I think Woody Allen as he sometimes personifies himself on film could be an example of that.

Traditionally these characters are not usually very pretty human beings and are intentionally figures of ridicule for the purpose of highlighting human absurdities. Through his or her at times misguided but always genuine and practically herculean efforts, the "fool" is always the seemingly unlikely hero of the story, and in this way can invite pathos.

The circus is rife with such characters. It is in itself, such a character. A caricature of life.

A very perceptive analysis. :thumb_yello:

I think Mika's work features the underdog a lot so it would be a natural progression if he identified with the circus, essentially an institution of freaks. The circus, a grand and theatrical out-of-this-world show, is also an escapist's dream. The saying "run away and join the circus" was a hope for freaks and escapists alike (although they are often one and the same).

I came to the conclusion that Britney and Take that all have the traditional circus as a theme, Britney a sexy version and TT probably as well, never listened, but Mika's circus is more misery, crying clowns etc. and is more about the dark side of the circus.

I think it's more bittersweet rather than just the darker side, there's a bit of both in his work. There's the joy of the audience and the colour of the show but also the sadness of the performers and the grotesqueness of the spectacle.

A very perceptive analysis. :thumb_yello:

I think Mika's work features the underdog a lot so it would be a natural progression if he identified with the circus, essentially an institution of freaks. The circus, a grand and theatrical out-of-this-world show, is also an escapist's dream. The saying "run away and join the circus" was a hope for freaks and escapists alike (although they are often one and the same).

I think it's more bittersweet rather than just the darker side, there's a bit of both in his work. There's the joy of the audience and the colour of the show but also the sadness of the performers and the grotesqueness of the spectacle.

Ugh, this thread is my DREAM!!!

I love it all, this is all so true!

When I look at the circus Mika creates, in it, I see Mika!

The underdog, the sadness, the theatricality, the dreaminess and everything.

I think it just further proves that he is a very complex and deep kind of person and also very expressive and inteligent.

Mind you, you'd have to be completely dim if you didn't already know that!

x