3. Just Dance - Lady Gaga

4. Oxford Comma - Vampire Weekend

5. I Will Possess Your Heart - Death Cab for Cutie

6. Spiralling - Keane

7. Mercy - Duffy

8. Give it 2 Me - Madonna

9. Id Engager - Of Montreal

10. Lucid Dreams - Franz Ferdinand

and to those I could add at least 3 more of Luke's songs,but I guess you knew that :naughty:

Juby songs... Definitely in my Top-25, but I had to make a choice... :sad:

*remembers herself sitting on the beach in Brighton on a January evening, watching the sunset, listening to Juby songs over and over again - especially The Better Part Of Her*

Also definitely in my Top-25 is Jason Mraz - I'm Yours. Released here in March, did nothing (well, it did something to me!), re-released in September & reached #4 in the charts (same thing happened to Amy MacD.'s Mr Rock & Roll that reached #3 as a re-release).

Oh and also in my Top-25 are Sara's Gravity and the Kings of Leon - Sex on Fire (chosen as Song of 2008 by Dutch 3voor12-listeners).

And I played The Feeling and The Kooks a lot this year.

Best cover... tough choice: Sara's remake of Joni Mitchell's River, or the Temposhark version of I Kissed A Girl. :naughty:

I should keep my big mouth shut now before I end up with a Top-100. :naughty:

Edited by Blue

ok so here are mine

For me,it's been a definite Sara Bareilles year.It was about rediscovering her and even being lucky enough to catch her live.

The tracks are in pretty much random order,except for the top5

1. Sara Bareilles - Gravity

2. Luke Juby - Album Sleeves and Eulogies

3. Sara Bareilles - Love Song

4. Chris Chameleon - Machine

5. Sara Bareilles/Ingrid Michaelson - Winter Song

The rest are:

Sia - Little Black Sandals

Hot Chip - Ready for the Floor

Estelle - American Boy

Ting Tings - That's not my name

Yelle - Je Veux Te voir (yes it's last year,but it's been around)

Lady Gaga - Poker Face

Lykke Li - Little Bit

Sam Sparro - 21st Century Life

Hercules and Love Affair - Blind

Hercules and Love Affair - You belong ( Yes,it's really them! :glasses2: )

Jason Mraz - I'm Yours

Alberto Beto Una - Angels in the Desert

Kelly Rowland - Work It (Freemasons Remix)

Roisin Murphy - You know me better

Trail - City

Yael Naim - New Soul

Ultraviolet - Spin Like a DJ

PCD - When I grow up and Madonna -Give it to me have been the tracks I've jogged to all spring and summer,so I can't exclude them,even if they're not masterpieces

Katy Perry - Hot n Cold (Tho it was more really early this year,I've refused to listen to the album since the whole insanity)

The Black Ghosts - It's your Touch

and to those I could add at least 3 more of Luke's songs,but I guess you knew that :naughty:

*cough*I played those 2 songs by H&LA a lot too:blush-anim-cl: I'm not ashamed. Those songs are just good on album, but not live:naughty:

I still have a trauma..

Juby songs... Definitely in my Top-25, but I had to make a choice... :sad:

*remembers herself sitting on the beach in Brighton on a January evening, watching the sunset, listening to Juby songs over and over again - especially The Better Part Of Her*

Also definitely in my Top-25 is Jason Mraz - I'm Yours. Released here in March, did nothing (well, it did something to me!), re-released in September & reached #4 in the charts (same thing happened to Amy MacD.'s Mr Rock & Roll that reached #3 as a re-release).

Oh and also in my Top-25 are Sara's Gravity and the Kings of Leon - Sex on Fire (chosen as Song of 2008 by Dutch 3voor12-listeners).

And I played The Feeling and The Kooks a lot this year.

Best cover... tough choice: Sara's remake of Joni Mitchell's River, or the Temposhark version of I Kissed A Girl.

I should keep my big mouth shut now before I end up with a Top-100. :naughty:

Lol. You could fill the top2000:naughty:

Oooh were those 2 songs re-released? I knew they were on before! I liked them the first time too. Why is it that Holland is always late with liking stuff?

*cough*I played those 2 songs by H&LA a lot too:blush-anim-cl: I'm not ashamed. Those songs are just good on album, but not live:naughty:

I still have a trauma..

Hehe, same story with me & Polarkreis 18. Saw them in 2007 (as Wir Sind Helden's support) and I didn't like them. And then... Allein Allein was released. I couldn't believe it was Polarkreis. Don't really like their other stuff tho.

Lol. You could fill the top2000:naughty:

Oooh were those 2 songs re-released? I knew they were on before! I liked them the first time too. Why is it that Holland is always late with liking stuff?

Top 2000 is totally my style! Oldskool! :roftl:

Yeah, they were both released in March and re-released in September. Funny things happen...

Hehe, same story with me & Polarkreis 18. Saw them in 2007 (as Wir Sind Helden's support) and I didn't like them. And then... Allein Allein was released. I couldn't believe it was Polarkreis. Don't really like their other stuff tho.

Top 2000 is totally my style! Oldskool! :roftl:

Yeah, they were both released in March and re-released in September. Funny things happen...

Were they also a disaster live? Meh, they should pick acts who are good live.

I like Allein Allein:blush-anim-cl:

Top2000 just rocks:punk:I really like watching it on tv too, when they're explaining things about the artists and so.

I love how Bohemian Rhapsody is already #1 for God knows how long:naughty:

Yeah..

And I love it when young people like the Top 2000. :thumb_yello:

Even I am classified as a 'younger' Radio 2 listener and I am double your age! :shocked:

Polarkreis 18 were... strange live. Having their own little electro/synthi party on stage and I didn't like the sound. They looked funny tho, six young men all dressed in white. :naughty:

I wonder how old they are. They look quite young to me.

Edited by Blue

I still have a trauma..

Live is just the worse mess the world has ever seen. Especially when a woman tries to sing a man's part like "you belong"

The tunes are great,in controlled environments :glasses2:

Hot 'N Cold ofcourse:punk:

Oh no you Diiii'nt!

Oh yeah! :mf_lustslow:

darren.jpg

Bless you! I completely love the may,gay and married as he may be,but he makes the most amazing music.

EDIT: you just made me dig up the old Darren CD's :wub2:

Edited by Ioana

Bless you! I completely love the may,gay and married as he may be,but he makes the most amazing music.

EDIT: you just made me dig up the old Darren CD's :wub2:

Gay men always make my day .. Darren Hayes, Sam Sparro, Daniel Vosovic .. :wub2:

So glad I made you do that, Imight be digging up all my Mika stuff soon, as I won a PdP DVD !! :bleh:

So do you have Savage Garden CDs, or only Darren ? :mf_lustslow:

Gay men always make my day .. Darren Hayes, Sam Sparro, Daniel Vosovic .. :wub2:

So glad I made you do that, Imight be digging up all my Mika stuff soon, as I won a PdP DVD !! :bleh:

So do you have Savage Garden CDs, or only Darren ? :mf_lustslow:

I've got it all,from SG to married Darren :lol3:

I found 'The tension and the spark' right now,and a bit of 'Spin' :naughty:

Tension and the spark is so amazing...I remember how much I loved it...man Darren! :thumb_yello:

I'd love to meet his husband .. :naughty:

Getting lots of nostalgia there or what?:wub2:

I just found my entire collection :wub2:

I am proud of the tastes I had,and I'm remembering how great it felt when I used to stick those Cd's in my big ol Cd player .... how I loved Darren

I still do,and he's so damn amazing...yeah,massive nostalgia here

Do we have a Darren thread? We should start one

fave 2008 songs:

ting tings - that's not my name

mgmt - kids

fleet foxes - white winter hymnal

beirut - nantes

css - rat is dead

fave songs that i've listened to a lot this year:

mika - any other world, grace kelly, love today

queen - bohemian rapsody

tegan and sara - call it off

kt tunstall - suddenly i see

edith piaf - milord

I just found my entire collection :wub2:

I am proud of the tastes I had,and I'm remembering how great it felt when I used to stick those Cd's in my big ol Cd player .... how I loved Darren

I still do,and he's so damn amazing...yeah,massive nostalgia here

Do we have a Darren thread? We should start one

Yeah !!

Actually, guess what, I just cannot function with iPods or most mp3 players .. but love my discman and huge headphones .. I'm a 90s girl at heart:wub2:

Wanna start a SG thread? Then we could discuss both Darren, and his friend .. uh whatshisname .. :naughty:

Yeah !!

Actually, guess what, I just cannot function with iPods or most mp3 players .. but love my discman and huge headphones .. I'm a 90s girl at heart:wub2:

Wanna start a SG thread? Then we could discuss both Darren, and his friend .. uh whatshisname .. :naughty:

The Daniel guy in savage garden? Don't ask me his last name ,i'm not a good fan :roftl: arite,let the Darren begin.u wanna start it?

The Daniel guy in savage garden? Don't ask me his last name ,i'm not a good fan :rofl: arite,let the Darren begin.u wanna start it?
Thank you, created the thread:punk:

I loved Savage Garden !:wub2:

Daniel Jones probably :wink2:

I went to check, (wikipedia:naughty:) and you're right Vanessa! You're the real fan here:naughty:
and we have a name! Dammit,Jones was an easy one... selective memory,what can i say
My name is Jones, Daniel Jones:naughty:

(I prefer Craig, Daniel Craig:glasses3:)

Thank you, created the thread:punk:

I went to check, (wikipedia:naughty:) and you're right Vanessa! You're the real fan here:naughty:

My name is Jones, Daniel Jones:naughty:

(I prefer Craig, Daniel Craig:glasses3:)

I'm not into blond Bonds for some reason,even if he was good in the movie...but those shots of him pouting his mouth and acting smexy ...:roftl::roftl: