Second Album in September?

Becky

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But..it's hard not to...bcs it's the only we have ...4 now...:boxed:

Yeah... but you know that's how rumours start: because there isn't any other information.

Besides: is he going to go on tour with the same music??? Or is he going to wait until Sept. to go on tour????

I don't think so.

I have no idea how reliable that date now is and how to take it. I won't jump off a roof if it is true. The only thing that bothers me about it is, that in his blog he always makes it sound as if things were taking shape and a release date is in sight. Or maybe that's just my interpretation.

However, time flies, they say and maybe it'll be September and/or LICM Vol.2 release before we know it.

DAAAAAAAAAAAMN! I expected like, May at it's latest, not sepfreakin'tember.

Hope it's not true.

Neither of them are that popular over here if you haven't noticed. :naughty:

No one around here knows who Lily Allen is:naughty:

Do you really think so Caz? Is that the sense you get in the UK?

I saw Lily Allen before I'd even heard of Mika and she's just coming out with her second album now. I guess she's a bit more controversial so no one has had a chance to forget about her...but I would think it's a similar situation...?

well , thats just my opinion of the uk ... im sure some other uk mfc'ers will disagree :wink2: i know some that loved grace Kelly ... some nine inch nail fans too (:roftl:) ! ... but also i know some that thought the other songs were rubbish but the majority like GK! ... BUT ... (as most say) ... i felt a strong feeling here , he was marmite amongst friends and others and over heard convos about mika :naughty: ... some may have held out for another album , out of interest for his next songs , because they liked a few of the others such as Grace Kelly ...but i dont feel hes been liked enough here to be held on for .. apart from us hardcorers !! :naughty::wink2: .... BUT i really hope he outstands with his second album !! ... I myself have total faith !!! ... but i cant say this faith stands in others opinions .... sometimes i think your either a hardcore mika fan or not at all here in the UK ... if ya get me ?? ive never found an inbetween , but maybe others have ! i really want him to succeed!! :thumb_yello:

Edited by mikas_gal07

I think that he won't wait that long...But what do I know!

The comparison with Amy and Lilly is not quite right though, because those 2 are on the papers every day due to their partying/trainwreck antics, so everyone is pretty much totally familiar with them. Because Mika keeps such a low profile, nobody really remembers him, which is a total shame.

I have no idea how reliable that date now is and how to take it. I won't jump off a roof if it is true. The only thing that bothers me about it is, that in his blog he always makes it sound as if things were taking shape and a release date is in sight. Or maybe that's just my interpretation.

However, time flies, they say and maybe it'll be September and/or LICM Vol.2 release before we know it.

I never even thought of that, V_S. :blink:

Yeah, he does always say "Things are looking good!" and what not, I mean, lead us a bit astray, will you Mika! (if this is reliable)

It does. It's not you. Or maybe it's just us, cause I feel like that about the blogs too.:naughty:

well , thats just my opinion of the uk ... im sure some other uk mfc'ers will disagree :wink2: i know some that loved grace Kelly ... some nine inch nail fans too (:roftl:) ! ... but also i know some that thought the other songs were rubbish but the majority like GK! ... BUT ... (as most say) ... i felt a strong feeling here , he was marmite amongst friends and others and over heard convos about mika :naughty: ... some may have held out for another album , out of interest for his next songs , because they liked a few of the others such as Grace Kelly ...but i dont feel hes been liked enough here to be held on for .. apart from us hardcorers !! :naughty::wink2: .... BUT i really hope he outstands with his second album !! ... I myself have total faith !!! ... but i cant say this faith stands in others opinions .... sometimes i think your either a hardcore mika fan or not at all here in the UK ... if ya get me ?? ive never found an inbetween , but maybe others have ! i really want him to succeed!! :thumb_yello:

I agree!!

And I mean, in Canada, say "I LOVE MIKA!" it's like saying "I LOVE THAT GUY WITH THE HAIR THAT SINGS THAT SONG ABOUT THE OLD ACTRESS FROM THE OLDEN DAYS!"

People here cared about him...2 years ago...when he was popular...and actually made music...

I sing Holy Johnny, people have noooo idea what that is.

He once told us he is STILL clubhopping at what...4am, but "behind closed doors."

I'm a little cheesed at the thought of him doing that and procrastinating the CD / a radio hit.

:naughty: He said that in April 2007, not yesterday.

You know people generally don't work day and night 7 days a week, 52 weeks a year. They are allowed to go out and take holidays.

Mika spent years putting the first album together and he did all kinds of stuff in between writing the first verses and the album hitting the shelves. I am betting a lot more time transpired than most people realize and it's not realistic to expect him to churn out an equally good album in less than 24 months.

You need to experience life in order to feed your imagination and your creativity. You can't just lock yourself in a windowless room until a great album comes out.

You know people generally don't work day and night 7 days a week, 52 weeks a year. They are allowed to go out and take holidays.

Mika spent years putting the first album together and he did all kinds of stuff in between writing the first verses and the album hitting the shelves. I am betting a lot more time transpired than most people realize and it's not realistic to expect him to churn out an equally good album in less than 24 months.

You need to experience life in order to feed your imagination and your creativity. You can't just lock yourself in a windowless room until a great album comes out.

That's so true. But he also has a contract and it may include scheduled time.

More than two years for a second record is like... too much.

I agree!!

And I mean, in Canada, say "I LOVE MIKA!" it's like saying "I LOVE THAT GUY WITH THE HAIR THAT SINGS THAT SONG ABOUT THE OLD ACTRESS FROM THE OLDEN DAYS!"

People here cared about him...2 years ago...when he was popular...and actually made music...

yes ! ... i hope his second album manages to attract an even bigger fan base !!! ... but im sick of hearing at the minute from non fans , hes a one album wonder :naughty: ... and people are being so stubborn that they wont even consider his second album will be fab because they were so stubborn about the first ! :naughty: ... I HOPE he proves them ALL wrong though !! :thumb_yello:

I’ve been thinking about this a lot since he said those words in the last DVD about not have to worry about the new album… you know what I mean.

But...what do you think? Is he going to make another tour with a circus theme?:wink2:

How does artists usually do, how does it work?

He can’t just be quiet until September, can he? CAN HE?:shocked:

I'm sorry if the only Mika DVD I own is Life In cartoon motion, and not everyone can just win their copy of PDP. :naughty::wink2:

No, but HOLY .. JOHNNY, it would have to be pretty darn amazing to have to take that length of time into SEPTEMBER, for a CD to come out, whether you want to believe so or not.

How do you know it took so long? :naughty: and if it did, oh well. That's his first CD not his second CD which is important if you want to be famous and have a good career. His fans right now, are fans that have been fans for a long time. He isn't getting any new ones. What he's doing could be a potential career suicide, and I'm telling you this as a teenager who quickly moved off of Spice girls because of they're 1 CD for a lengthly period of time, and Michael Buble who's yet to have another CD. I don't want mika to lose more fans because of this, it is suicide. My friend (I'm not going to name names) was on the edge of losing fan-hood due to the lack of concerts and CDs a while back, that broke my heart, and if Mika did care about every little fan individually, he would have done something to make it up to that targeted group of fans, because as it turns out, she wasn't the only one.

yes ! ... i hope his second album manages to attract an even bigger fan base !!! ... but im sick of hearing at the minute from non fans , hes a one album wonder :naughty: ... and people are being so stubborn that they wont even consider his second album will be fab because they were so stubborn about the first ! :naughty: ... I HOPE he proves them ALL wrong though !! :thumb_yello:

:lmfao:

That's true!

he said that 2009 will be a busy year, he wouldn't say that if was released only at the end of the year ! IMO

I second that.... I'd say.....the album will be released in spring... hopefully :wink2:

I agree!!

Nobody knows Holy Johnny because it's not on the first album :crybaby:

That's so true. But he also has a contract and it may include scheduled time.

More than two years for a second record is like... too much.

Well I guess that's between him and his record company to decide how much time is too much within his contract.

sometimes i think your either a hardcore mika fan or not at all here in the UK ... if ya get me ?? ive never found an inbetween , but maybe others have ! i really want him to succeed!! :thumb_yello:

Yeah I get ya. I know all my moaning about Mika is down to a desire to see him succeed even if it sounds like too much criticism sometimes.

Neither of them are that popular over here if you haven't noticed. :naughty:

Was this the country that doesn't even appreciate Mika? (You don't say where you actually live.)

I have no idea how reliable that date now is and how to take it. I won't jump off a roof if it is true. The only thing that bothers me about it is, that in his blog he always makes it sound as if things were taking shape and a release date is in sight. Or maybe that's just my interpretation. However, time flies, they say and maybe it'll be September and/or LICM Vol.2 release before we know it.

No, it was mine, as well. But I've no idea how long it takes between recording and release

The comparison with Amy and Lilly is not quite right though, because those 2 are on the papers every day due to their partying/trainwreck antics, so everyone is pretty much totally familiar with them. Because Mika keeps such a low profile, nobody really remembers him, which is a total shame.

I know Mika's record company was whinging about the delay around the time of the Ivors and he told them to sod off, but I don't think remembering artists between records matters much unless they can churn stuff out in less than a year by having someone else write the songs while they tour.

Most of the albums I buy are by artists that I wasn't particularly waiting for a new release from, or would really have noticed if they'd split up. As for getting into Heat and the tabloids, it helps, but Mika said he'd made a decision to lose sales rather than do that (though I noticed the crop of magazine mentions around the time the PDP dvd came out.) And it doesn't always help, one of the reviews of Lily Allen's new one said "I'd forgotten she sang as well." If Mika's second album's good, people will get all enthusiastic again.