Second Album in September?

Becky

No, I'm not! I only think time is absolutely no factor! Not if you are called Mika and you have to finetune your album to get it to the big crowd! At least, it shouldn't be in my opinion.

I didn't mean it like: Your opinions aren't vaild, but I meant it like: If he wants it to be September release, it will be. I don't think Mika will suddendly gain speed if we all protest against a release later in the year, so what I intend to do is support him. And you know what? If I would be making a presentation (not comparable, I know, but still), when would I finish it earlier? When people support me, or when people start running round the class, screaming I would have to go faster.

I didn't mean to get your opinions down. I just disagree. Maybe I'm pushing my opinion through a little hard, but I just... think like that. Sorry.

Go for it, young Yedi! :starwars:

I guess nobody here would say about themselves that they're not supporting Mika. There's just a general yearning for some new material and expectations are being built up on Mikasounds for months. Nobody will haunt or threaten Mika for taking his time with the new album. Sure he's entitled to allow himself to take however much time he needs. Of course, that goes without saying and let's face it, there's nothing anybody (of us) can do about this.

Personally I think it would be easier for him too, to throw us a specific bone instead of universal phrases like 'demoing is coming along great'... ... ...

Besides, in Mika's case I'd be rather flattered to read how people can't wait to get hold of the new record.

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess we all just HOPE that we don't have to wait until September:shocked: But as has been pointed out, we will almost certainly get singles and hopefully some tour dates before then anyway. But yes, he DID say it was going to be a busy year so I guess we just need to continue to live in hope and wait patiently:shocked:

But you know...albums are with us forever. They are not to be rushed and two + years really is NOT all that long when you have had the sort of two years that he has had.

And i agree with your point, but how long have you been a mika fan? It's just a bit hard to swollow for me because I've been a fan longer than my MFC membership, and in this whole time period he has had only 1 CD i have to listen to, and I'm thinking, well, I don't get tired of songs too too easily, especially ones I love, but I know a looooot of people who do. I just want him to try and consider that maybe september isn't the best month for his second CD to come out in. :thumb_yello::blush-anim-cl:

I've been fan of Mika from summer/fall-ish part of 2007 :wink2: So I've been a Mika-fan longer than my membership too! Even a year :naughty: And you've got a point too :wink2: Even multiple ones! But there are two sides of the story! I think it's a pity, but not necessarily killing his celeb-ness. But I'm no music-sales-professional either, so who am I to say things like this :naughty:

I've been fan of Mika from summer/fall-ish part of 2007 :wink2: So I've been a Mika-fan longer than my membership too! Even a year :naughty: And you've got a point too :wink2: Even multiple ones! But there are two sides of the story! I think it's a pity, but not necessarily killing his celeb-ness. But I'm no music-sales-professional either, so who am I to say things like this :naughty:

Ditto, but ... woo.. this comes from a long year of aggrivation I don't speak of. One of my best, best, best!! mfc friends is gone due to lack of interest, etc, and I just don't really feel like losing anyone else. :thumbdown:

He's almost 30! *faints* hahaha

I can wait 'til September, i'm sure it'll worth it

At least the new album is out this year... not the next one

I don't know you but i'm getting excited

I did mental math and I realize, EXACTLY when I turn 18 he'll still be 28, and then we can...you know... but then I slowly deducted that thought when I'll be seen to the world as a gold digger. :naughty:

Ditto, but ... woo.. this comes from a long year of aggrivation I don't speak of. One of my best, best, best!! mfc friends is gone due to lack of interest, etc, and I just don't really feel like losing anyone else. :thumbdown:

Well, yeah. I don't know what it feels like; I only did see lindemfc leave... at least she's the only one leaving who I really talked with in the Dutchie thread. I don't feel like losing the people who are here now too!

But that is EXACTLY what all my criticism towards him comes from. When I have said things about him, it's for this same reason. I love the man, have faith in his ability, and want him to do well and everyone to see it.

I do the same. I just want him to do his best, and make the best out of it.

Guys, we don't even know if this is reliable, as Rose already said, it's the sister paper to the Sun, so..

I guess the best thing we can do is wait.

I guess I can wait til september. As long as the album is good, and he won't be totally quiet til then, I'm good.

Well everytime he said 2009, I thought that could be a long time still.

I am excited to hear something headed toward a release. I'm sure it will be well worth the wait and will lead to lots of gigs and videos and interviews, yay la viva youtube!

They must be f**king kidding. September is NOT beginning of 2009. *Throws a tantrum* If he does that, no champagne will make it up, we've tolerated being Mikaless for so long but I assure you that if we're not getting a new album and tourdates in March, people are gonna get hurt:sneaky2::naughty:

They must be f**king kidding. September is NOT beginning of 2009. *Throws a tantrum* If he does that, no champagne will make it up, we've tolerated being Mikaless for so long but I assure you that if we're not getting a new album and tourdates in March, people are gonna get hurt:sneaky2::naughty:

:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

*relases the hounds* :sneaky2:

I guess we all just HOPE that we don't have to wait until September:shocked: But as has been pointed out, we will almost certainly get singles and hopefully some tour dates before then anyway. But yes, he DID say it was going to be a busy year so I guess we just need to continue to live in hope and wait patiently:shocked:

But you know...albums are with us forever. They are not to be rushed and two + years really is NOT all that long when you have had the sort of two years that he has had.

maybe he could record something and then this mini acoustic tour he talked about to test audience reaction to songs. then he may polish the songs, finish the recording and launch the album by late summer, if not really sept.

pure speculation.

and mark, no worries, dear. we have no intention whatsoever to leave mika or mfc: we practically live here and on his blog :naughty::wink2:

maybe he could record something and then this mini acoustic tour he talked about to test audience reaction to songs. then he may polish the songs, finish the recording and launch the album by late summer, if not really sept.

pure speculation.

and mark, no worries, dear. we have no intention whatsoever to leave mika or mfc: we practically live here and on his blog :naughty::wink2:

I thought so too, and I hope he's gonna do that, cause that would be practical I think.

Well, like I said earlier, his record company's already told him that, and he does make clear in the PDP dvd that he knows the opinion exists- but isn't rushing his album. Anyway, I should be doing homework...

Homework at your age? :roftl: Ok, I just realised I don't know your age, but assumed you were older than your teens somehow :naughty:

Go for it, young Yedi!

I guess nobody here would say about themselves that they're not supporting Mika. There's just a general yearning for some new material and expectations are being built up on Mikasounds for months. Nobody will haunt or threaten Mika for taking his time with the new album. Sure he's entitled to allow himself to take however much time he needs. Of course, that goes without saying and let's face it, there's nothing anybody (of us) can do about this.

Personally I think it would be easier for him too, to throw us a specific bone instead of universal phrases like 'demoing is coming along great'... ... ...

Besides, in Mika's case I'd be rather flattered to read how people can't wait to get hold of the new record.

I second every word of your post; Very well put, and exactly my thoughts and feelings as well :thumb_yello:

pure speculation.

As long as he tests close to my house I shall permit it:sneaky2:

Everyone pretty much knows I'm a Franz Ferdinand fan... last album I had from them was Sept 2005..... New one finally will be out 25th January 2009..... Can I wait for a new Mika album... you bet I can.... I'm a bloody pro by now..... :wink2: I'd like one earlier of course... but I'm not gonna jump ship or kill myself cos' it's not released when I think it should be released..... and yes Franz did play gigs last year and previewed new songs from upcoming new album.... it's just been a bloody long time coming.... :lmfao: