Second Album in September?

Becky

Was this the country that doesn't even appreciate Mika? (You don't say where you actually live.)

Uhh...no...:blink:

I live in Canada, I didn't mention it to you because I mention it on a daily basis with as much loyalty and patroticness (?) one can have about their country :wub2:

We appreciate mika, we still play relax (mind you it's the techno remix :thumbdown:) on our hit radio stations in toronto, but that's about it. OH! and we have 2 muchmusic commercials 1 of Big girls and the other of Grace kelly.

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I guess that's between him and his record company to decide how much time is too much within his contract.

Yes, I agree.

But generaly they expect new artists to release records with a 1 and 1/2 - 2 years difference. At least at the beggining of their careers. I don't know, that's what I was told by an internacional marketing manager of Universal Argentina.

OMG the internet ouija board was right. :roftl:

Even if this date is correct all is not lost. Grace Kelly was on the radio and Mika was performing many months before LICM was released.

Hang in there. :thumb_yello:

You know, the Internet Ouija Board told me "Fall" also! :shocked:

But I agree with you that there's no need to panic yet -- this is

totally unconfirmed, and just the opposite of everything we've been

led to believe. And a single could be released a few months before the

album is... which I'm guessing will be late spring.

He has already lost more fans.

*looks at all of her uninterested lost friends*

I can name 10 MFCers off the top of my head i was close with and are now either here for their FRIENDS or gone.

:mad3:

Imagine by september...I don't know if I can hold out that long, :thumbdown:

But don't you think a new album will reignite their interest... and yours?

It's only natural that people will drift away looking for something new,

but I'm guessing that as soon as people hear, "Mika's got a new album,"

or "Mika's touring" that they'll make sure to have a listen and seek him

out again -- if they were truly that interested in him the first time 'round.

Seriously anything less than 2 years would be more worrisome to me than waiting. I don't want Mika churning out crap just because he can.

Honestly. I COULD write something every day, but unless it's something

that I've really spent some time on and thought through, it's usually

not anything very good. But I can churn it out if I have to. I suspect

that Mika's like that as well -- the material you produce that has had time

to... what's the right word? Marinate... simmer a bit... that's the tasty

stuff, the stuff that you've thought about and worked on and REworked

on... It takes time, but is so worth it in the end.

I'm a patient person. I HOPE I don't have to wait until September,

and I'm fairly sure I won't have to... but if that's what it ends up being...

well, OK. It's MIKA. I can wait. :wub2:

If Mika's second album's good, people will get all enthusiastic again.

I agree. If they crank up the hype machine and he's got a good album to back it up, everyone will forget that they've forgotten. :naughty:

I love, love Paolo Nutini but I do not follow what he's doing on a daily basis and sometimes go weeks or months without giving him a second thought. But as long as his album is good I will be buying it and queuing up for his gigs.

Well I guess that's between him and his record company to decide how much time is too much within his contract.

Yeah I get ya. I know all my moaning about Mika is down to a desire to see him succeed even if it sounds like too much criticism sometimes.

me too !!! :) .... and i think only us hardcorers would tolerate waiting for a second album for so long ... because we have no stubborness against mika compared to others who thought his first album was very marmite anyway !! im glad you understood me !! :wink2::naughty: ... sometimes i wonder why his album sales were so amazing in the UK compared to the UK fans he has !! :boxed: I think many alpha males are in denial and should own up ... its only fred who does !! :roftl::wink2:

But don't you think a new album will reignite their interest... and yours?

It's only natural that people will drift away looking for something new,

but I'm guessing that as soon as people hear, "Mika's got a new album,"

or "Mika's touring" that they'll make sure to have a listen and seek him

out again -- if they were truly that interested in him the first time 'round.

I've never lost interest to be honest!

But you have to think about the KEY music audience these days, everyone's targeting to teenagers. Riri comes out with a CD every blimey second, and she's the most chart topping Singer here at the mo.

I mean, no one really likes those guy's from the '80's who made a comeback this year, that's MY age, if they continually made music throughout the years, they'd probably be more of a .. success than an "old foggy memory moms and dad's want to forget." :thumb_yello::roftl:

I'm a patient person. I HOPE I don't have to wait until September,

and I'm fairly sure I won't have to... but if that's what it ends up being...

well, OK. It's MIKA. I can wait. :wub2:

I totally agree with you !

Uhh...no...:blink:

I live in Canada, I didn't mention it to you because I mention it on a daily basis with as much loyalty and patroticness (?) one can have about their country :wub2:

We appreciate mika, we still play relax (mind you it's the techno remix :thumbdown:) on our hit radio stations in toronto, but that's about it. OH! and we have 2 muchmusic commercials 1 of Big girls and the other of Grace kelly.

:hunter::bash: Oops! Sorry! I've not noticed you mentioning it. You're hearing more Mika than us by the sounds of it!

But you have to think about the KEY music audience these days, everyone's targeting to teenagers. Riri comes out with a CD every blimey second, and she's the most chart topping Singer here at the mo.

I mean, no one really likes those guy's from the '80's who made a comeback this year, that's MY age, if they continually made music throughout the years, they'd probably be more of a .. success than an "old foggy memory moms and dad's want to forget." :thumb_yello::roftl:

Feb 07 is hardly as far back as the 80s!

STOP IT!!!! Come on! That he doesn't have guns loaded with new albums, and he's not shooting it empty at the record company, doesn't mean you can't get a public hit! I understand you have all lost your patience, but I already see you taking out your bullet-filled guns and shoot him before he can actually finish the album! :shocked: Give the boy some time! We are his FANS! We are not supposed to shout at him he has to get the album done more quickly! WE SHOULD SUPPORT HIM! Don't get me wrong, I'm looking forward to his album at least as you do! But if we all think like this, I maybe end up being the last member along with some others, and I won't like that. Really.

Edited by mark0495

STOP IT!!!! Come on! That you don't have guns loaded with new albums, and you're not shooting it empty at the record company, doesn't mean you can't get a hit! I understand you have all lost your patience, but I already see you taking out your bullet-filled guns and shoot him before he can actually finish the album! :shocked: Give the boy some time! We are his FANS! We are not supposed to shout at him he has to get the album done more quickly! WE SHOULD SUPPORT HIM! Don't get me wrong, I'm looking forward to his album at least as you do! But if we all think like this, I maybe end up being the last member along with some others, and I won't like that. Really.

So you're saying my / our oppions on wanting him to get out a new album as soon as possible to be SUCCESSFUL isn't in the best interests of Mika? :naughty: hmmm right, right. that makes sense.

But Rihanna doesn't write ANY of her songs herself. Only thing she has to do is sing them in, be pretty and done she is!

I know, but have you ever heard a kid saying "Avril lavigne's girlfriend? That song is OLD!"

I hear it everyday. :boxed:

But Mika will be 26 by September!

And if Girlfriend is OLD he could never make albums quick enough to stay on top, not to his (or my) standards.

So you're saying my / our oppions on wanting him to get out a new album as soon as possible to be SUCCESSFUL isn't in the best interests of Mika? :naughty: hmmm right, right. that makes sense.

No, I'm not! I only think time is absolutely no factor! Not if you are called Mika and you have to finetune your album to get it to the big crowd! At least, it shouldn't be in my opinion.

I didn't mean it like: Your opinions aren't vaild, but I meant it like: If he wants it to be September release, it will be. I don't think Mika will suddendly gain speed if we all protest against a release later in the year, so what I intend to do is support him. And you know what? If I would be making a presentation (not comparable, I know, but still), when would I finish it earlier? When people support me, or when people start running round the class, screaming I would have to go faster.

I didn't mean to get your opinions down. I just disagree. Maybe I'm pushing my opinion through a little hard, but I just... think like that. Sorry.

Oh boy, that is a very scary thought. I never realized that.

26...:shocked:

I remember when he was 23..

Me too. Time flies.:naughty:

Yeah, I know, but imagine the power of having 2 CDs written hersself, she'd be EXTREMELY popular. :punk:

Maybe..maybe not.

No, I'm not! I only think time is absolutely no factor! Not if you are called Mika and you have to finetune your album to get it to the big crowd! At least, it shouldn't be in my opinion.

I didn't mean it like: Your opinions aren't vaild, but I meant it like: If he wants it to be September release, it will be. I don't think Mika will suddendly gain speed if we all protest against a release later in the year, so what I intend to do is support him. And you know what? If I would be making a presentation (not comparable, I know, but still), when would I finish it earlier? When people support me, or when people start running round the class, screaming I would have to go faster.

I didn't mean to get your opinions down. I just disagree. Maybe I'm pushing my opinion through a little hard, but I just... think like that. Sorry.

And i agree with your point, but how long have you been a mika fan? It's just a bit hard to swollow for me because I've been a fan longer than my MFC membership, and in this whole time period he has had only 1 CD i have to listen to, and I'm thinking, well, I don't get tired of songs too too easily, especially ones I love, but I know a looooot of people who do. I just want him to try and consider that maybe september isn't the best month for his second CD to come out in. :thumb_yello::blush-anim-cl:

And i agree with your point, but how long have you been a mika fan? It's just a bit hard to swollow for me because I've been a fan longer than my MFC membership, and in this whole time period he has had only 1 CD i have to listen to, and I'm thinking, well, I don't get tired of songs too too easily, especially ones I love, but I know a looooot of people who do. I just want him to try and consider that maybe september isn't the best month for his second CD to come out in. :thumb_yello::blush-anim-cl:

Well, like I said earlier, his record company's already told him that, and he does make clear in the PDP dvd that he knows the opinion exists- but isn't rushing his album. Anyway, I should be doing homework...

Yeah I get ya. I know all my moaning about Mika is down to a desire to see him succeed even if it sounds like too much criticism sometimes.

But that is EXACTLY what all my criticism towards him comes from. When I have said things about him, it's for this same reason. I love the man, have faith in his ability, and want him to do well and everyone to see it.