How successful do we really think Mika will be

jodi2518

I was driving in my car listening to the radio and they mentioned that Pink had sold out her 13th concert in Melbourne. It got me to thinking, I wonder if Mika will be THAT big one day? or maybe Mika's music is the type you either love or hate and wont appeal to the broader public? Does Mika WANT to get this big? who knows....:blink:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i think he does want to get big.

he's already almost as big as pink in 1/5th of the time :biggrin2:

but hey, he's sold out a show to 60,000, how big do you want? he's just not as big in OZ and NZ coz he hasn't toured there :wink2:

Charlotte pretty much hit the nail on the head there. =]

I think he's pacing himself.

Yes he sold out a 55,000 seater stadium in France, because there, he is big, they love him there.

But being realistic, it's not like that everywhere.

For instance, here in the UK, there is NO WAY at the moment he would sell out Wembley stadium.

I'm not saying a few years down the line that he wouldn't, but at the present time, I don't think it'll happen(although I'd be happy for him to prove me wrong).

So, I do think he will be successful everywhere, in time, but it's gonna be a while.

I tuly think that i is possible, yet realistily not everyone likes him and he is still quite new in this business, i mean he did AMAZINGLY IN LESS THAN A YEAR, and we are all sooo soo proud and excited for the future. But deep inside I think that people are not open enough to try out new kind of music that isnt just the top ten stuff, MIKA is a real artist not fake lyrics or voice but simply him, is the world ready for a true passionate artist? thats the real question!:wink2:

I tuly think that i is possible, yet realistily not everyone likes him and he is still quite new in this business, i mean he did AMAZINGLY IN LESS THAN A YEAR, and we are all sooo soo proud and excited for the future. But deep inside I think that people are not open enough to try out new kind of music that isnt just the top ten stuff, MIKA is a real artist not fake lyrics or voice but simply him, is the world ready for a true passionate artist? thats the real question!:wink2:

I agree with you :thumb_yello:you have luck to live in France when he's already a sucess :wink2:

EDIT: now I saw Minnesota/France :bleh: do you live where?

I was driving in my car listening to the radio and they mentioned that Pink had sold out her 13th concert in Melbourne. It got me to thinking, I wonder if Mika will be THAT big one day? or maybe Mika's music is the type you either love or hate and wont appeal to the broader public? Does Mika WANT to get this big? who knows....:blink:

This is a really interesting question!

I have to confess I know far too little about the music industry and what kind of qualifications in an artist that usually leads to success.

When we first heard of PdP late last spring, we thought it maybe could be a mistake and the general opinion was that he will never sell so many tickets, ha, and look what happened!:naughty:

I’ll be following the discussion with great interest, thank you for bringing it up!

We used to be...when I was younger....:blink:

Good question!:wink2:

wow, thats is a strong question.

i don't know to be honest. i want him to do well and have lots of fans. but i don't want for him to become so big that he changes, or has too many fans to meet, or someone like me not being able to buy tickets for his show because its already sold out.

i don't know to be honest.

As long as he is successful enough that I'll have access to his music and an opportunity to attend a gig someday, I'll be content with that.

My favorite artists have had life-long careers without selling out stadiums. Since they never got that insanely popular, they remained accessible to fans and I've gotten to have actual conversations with them.

Honestly, I would rather see Mika have longevity in the business than see him sell out stadiums for a few seasons. I think he has the potential for a Madonna or Rolling Stones kind of career where he has longevity AND huge sales, but I've never found such artists to be very interesting because they have greater marketing appeal than anything. I wouldn't say they lack talent or skill, but I think that what skills and talent they do have take a back seat to the marketing machine.

I don't want to see Mika eaten by that machine for the sake of popularity, but he's going to do what he needs to do for his career.

Ultimately, I think that whatever level of success he has will depend mostly on which directions he chooses artistically and how he handles his marketing (or how the marketing handles him.)

i totally agree with you

I think is quite like Robbie Williams, he's a sucess in UK, Germany, but in the USA is :thumbdown: ... you know what I mean with my bad English? :naughty: but I really hope that he turn to be the sucess that he wants, big or not SO big :wink2:

Don't be sure with that :naughty:*lives in germany*

i mean..his concerts were sold out but i've never

Seen a mikafan in my life..

Mika is not Like others at all..he's not like christina auguilera

Or...idk Robbie williams...he's..as i said not like others

And if continues like that he will never be as populär as c.a

and i hope he doesnt Mind...because i like him the way he

Is..no matter if he's popular or not

He has achieved a huge success with his 1st album already almost everywhere,but in the USA. He is still a very young artist and it's very important in which way his music style will be developed in the future. That means that,in a few years,he may lose some of his present,actual fans - but he can get some new ones too. Of course,the sort of marketing is very important which his team will take over in the next few years because he is NOT a tabloid fodder and I hardly believe he will build his career in tabloids (like Madonna,Amy Winehouse,etc.).

He has a fantastic show already,which of course can be even more improved in time.

And we should make a difference between his will to have spectacular gigs as he had in Paris, and an obvious averse to be non-stop present in media.

Besides, I think it's very hard to speculate in what way his career will be directed because apart from music he's very interested in visual art & so.

But I think he wants to make a great success in the US,like his record label wants too. Like everyone wants,anyway.

But that pulls a lot of consenquences, which for we don't know if he's ready for. That would imply a total change of his life style.

But as we all know people can change a lot.

All in all,I wouldn't like Mika to dissapoint me in the future,because I believe in his human and artistic values.

He has achieved a huge success with his 1st album already almost everywhere,but in the USA. He is still a very young artist and it's very important in which way his music style will be developed in the future. That means that,in a few years,he may lose some of his present,actual fans - but he can get some new ones too. Of course,the sort of marketing is very important which his team will take over in the next few years because he is NOT a tabloid fodder and I hardly believe he will build his career in tabloids (like Madonna,Amy Winehouse,etc.).

He has a fantastic show already,which of course can be even more improved in time.

And we should make a difference between his will to have spectacular gigs as he had in Paris, and an obvious averse to be non-stop present in media.

Besides, I think it's very hard to speculate in what way his career will be directed because apart from music he's very interested in visual art & so.

But I think he wants to make a great success in the US,like his record label wants too. Like everyone wants,anyway.

But that pulls a lot of consenquences, which for we don't know if he's ready for. That would imply a total change of his life style.

All in all,I wouldn't like Mika to dissapoint me in the future,because I believe in his human and artistic values.

:clap: :clap: very well said tho No better comment than you Keti :thumb_yello:

A M E N :bow:

i want him to be big.. so i could get to see him more frecuently :P

BUT in a way i like mika doing small things.. not that big like stadiums..

he has the pottencial to do big stuff.. but it depends of the places.. i mean.. here he could do a gig of 25.000 people.. but no in a stadium.. at least for now.. it depends all of the second album

if the next album has great songs and it sells a lot.. he could do something bigger.. but we have to wait and see what happens