• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's great, Keti t4p :thumb_yello: And nice one with the converse! He's not really mentioned in the press here but he's always on the radio which is quite good! :biggrin2:

Edited by Miro

Nice collection! :

Love the All Stars-one ::

Thanks B! :biggrin2:

Thank you so much for all the scans and infos Keti!!

Didn't know he was well known and mentioned so often in mags and TV shows in Serbia!

Sorry for Novi Sad Hope there will be other opportunities in the future!

Thank you Mari! I hope there really are going to be more opportunities.. :wink2:

wow Katarina super!::

I didn't know Natasa like him:: I might start liking her now :ty: She's pretty tho...and her husband too y:

Oww yeah... Dača... :naughty:

wow! Thanks for scanning all these! You have a nice collection Mika articles :w2:

You're welcome Celien! :wub2:

That's great, Keti t4p :: And nice one with the converse! He's not really mentioned in the press here but he's always on the radio which is quite good! :b2:

No problem!

Yes, that is good! They play him often here on the radio too, even "Lollipop" was on the first place of Pop Charts in the summer on Zlatibor (one mountain in Serbia) :naughty:

:thumb_yello:

:D

Wow! I had no idea Mika is so big in Serbia!:shocked:That's great...now he ought to get his butt there.:mf_rosetinted::bleh: But that one article from one magazine (I can't recall its name right now)- isn't that a croatian magazine? It looks exactly the same as the one I once bought (just because of this article of course, nevermind that it is a magazine for teens and that I'm way over my teens years:roftl:)

Lucky Serbians!

In my country it's completely quiet about him!:

Same here. You can't even hear his songs on the radio anymore. In these last months I heard only two. He better hurry with his new CD or else he'll be completely forgotten here.:thumbdown:

I'll translate the text later!

IMG_0003.jpg

BRAVO, 2007.

IMG_0004.jpg

BRAVO, 2008.

IMG_0005.jpg

Gloria, 2008.

IMG_0006.jpg

BRAVO, 2008.

IMG_0007.jpg

BRAVO, 2007.

IMG_0008.jpg

BRAVO, 2007.

IMG_0011.jpg

OK! 2007.

BRAVO, "Happy Ending" Lyrics; 2008.

Christina Aguilera Serbian website; many many positive comments about him

http://christinax.forumwise.com/christinax-post-15017.html

On the Queeria site, a positive review

http://www.queeria.com/muzika.aspx?id=6243&grid=2052&page=2

LiCM review on Madonna's Serbian website, Top 10 albums of 2007

http://madonna-serbia.blogspot.com/2007/12/top-10-albuma-2007-godine-6-mika-life.html

A very negative review on POPBOKS.com

http://www.popboks.com/tekst.php?ID=5819

wow some great articles thanks for posting Keti : )

i had a look at that christina aguilera forum not that I can understand what they're saying but I like the pic on there of her someone has as their sig where she's lying on the floor with a lollipop (see she want's to be Mika's lollipop girl too lol)

WOW Keti, how many things !!!! : is great !!!

in Brazil I have 0 articles about him :n:

Thanks Lucy :D

Well you see, I find that quite odd...Brazil is quite a biiig country and, as far as I'm concerned, there are so many fans from Brazil!

Wow! I had no idea Mika is so big in Serbia!:That's great...now he ought to get his butt there.:mf_: But that one article from one magazine (I can't recall its name right now)- isn't that a croatian magazine? It looks exactly the same as the one I once bought (just because of this article of course, nevermind that it is a magazine for teens and that I'm way over my teens years:roftl:)

Same here. You can't even hear his songs on the radio anymore. In these last months I heard only two. He better hurry with his new CD or else he'll be completely forgotten here.:n:

Second that!! :naughty:

Hmm I really don't know, the magazine isn't croatian but it's very possible that the article is the same because I guess people are too lazy to write all the different things about him, they just rewrite it all instead... :wink2:

wow some great articles thanks for posting Keti : )

i had a look at that christina aguilera forum not that I can understand what they're saying but I like the pic on there of her someone has as their sig where she's lying on the floor with a lollipop (see she want's to be Mika's lollipop girl too lol)

Haha, you're welcome Chantelle! :D

Yeah lol, I love that pic too!

Second that!! :naughty:

Hmm I really don't know, the magazine isn't croatian but it's very possible that the article is the same because I guess people are too lazy to write all the different things about him, they just rewrite it all instead... :wink2:

Glad to see you agree.:biggrin2:

Well, I guess they must've copied the whole thing because it looks identical...from pictures to words.:blink: Or could it be that it is the same magazine but one for Croatian market and another one for Serbian?:wink2:

Glad to see you agree.:biggrin2:

Well, I guess they must've copied the whole thing because it looks identical...from pictures to words.:blink: Or could it be that it is the same magazine but one for Croatian market and another one for Serbian?:wink2:

I think that's the case here, yes :wink2:

Okay, thought I would translate at least some of these articles... now when my parents aren't home so they can't tell me off for being on computer while having high temperature :roftl:

1st article:

IMG_0001.jpg

Accused for his name!

British pop star Mika (25) got the permission to have a gig in Brisel, even though the woman who has got the same name as him complained to belgian court and demanded an injunction into the country for him. As the reason the unknown reggae singer claims that Mika will ruin her chances for being famous. "I'm not accusing him because of the money, it's about the principles and my name. I have registered mine back in 1983. and now he, who came on the stage yesterday, has to destroy my career", said Belgian Mika.

2nd article:

IMG_0002.jpg

Relaxed

British pop star refuses to start working on his second album, even though his record lavel pressures him. He simply doesn't want to make music while being under pressure.

It's possible that his inspiration is gone since he's having death treats from his fans, although he's acting in "Relax, take it easy" way.

I will skip those few because there's really nothing special to mention...

6th article:

IMG_0007.jpg

Poor, little,ill...

Mika had to, due to a serious ear infection, cancel all of his gigs - till the unknown. At the end of August he cancelled a gig at a popular english festival (then he thought it was just a flu), but when he did the same thing with the gigs in Denmark he realized that the "little flu" got out of its control. "Not so long ago I've had an ear infection which for I thought it was cured, so I got back to my daily basis work. But I noticed that whenever I'm tired and exhausted from the job, the infection starts "working" again. Therefore I decided to take a breath, rest for a bit and cure the infection really well because it could grow into something much more serious."

7th srticle:

IMG_0008.jpg

5 Facts about... MIKA

- Michael Holbrook Penniman was born 18th of August 1983. in Beirut, Lebanon. This 1.91m tall guy (they wrote "1.83m so I corrected it) is third from five children.

- He went to "Lycee Francais Charles de Gaulle" in Westminster and to The Royal College Of Music in London.

- He has wrote his first song ever "Angry" (which he describes as an awful piano instrumental) when he was only seven years old.

- Even though there are speculations about him being gay, Mika hides his sexuality really well. "I never talk about my sexuality. I just don't think it's necessery. People keep asking me about it and I can't see the point of it all."

- Band "Scissor Sisters" critisized him pretty roughly for stealing their sound in most of his songs on his debut album "Life In Cartoon Motion", and especially in the song "Grace Kelly".

Edited by keti

Okay, thought I would translate at least some of these articles... now when my parents aren't home so they can't tell me off for being on computer while having high temperature :roftl:

[/font]

Thanks for translating these!! :huglove:

tssss that belgian mika :thumbdown: Still happy that she didn't won that lawsuit :punk:

I love the pic of that last article :wub2:

Thanks for translating these!! :huglove:

tssss that belgian mika :thbdown: Still happy that she didn't won that lawsuit :punk:

I love the pic of that last article :b2:

You're welcome :huglove:

Yeah, that's good :punk:

Yeah, that one is really nice :wub2: my mom once said that he looks like he's pregnant on that one:sneaky2::roftl:

I will translate more later!

You're welcome :huglov

Yeah, that's good :punk:

Yeah, that one is really nice :wub my mom once said that he looks like he's pregnant on that one:sneaky2::roftl:

I will translate more later!

Mika pregnant :roftl: :roftl: It's a beautiful pic :wub2:

can't wait to read more :punk:

Mika pregnant :roftl: :roftl: It's a beautiful pic :wub2:

can't wait to read more :punk:

Yeah well really, his hoodie is in such a shape there :roftl:

Yes, I've never seen that pic anywhere else!

Great! :D

Yeah well really, his hoodie is in such a shape there :roftl:

Yes, I've never seen that pic anywhere else!

Great! :D

I think I also haven't seen it anywhere else ...

I actually didn't know that 5th fact about mika, of the scissor sisters :boxed:

I think I also haven't seen it anywhere else ...

I actually didn't know that 5th fact about mika, of the scissor sisters :boxed:

Yeah, it's also a bit odd for me. I never knew they critisiced him for stealing their sound :blink:

Yeah, it's also a bit odd for me. I never knew they critisiced him for stealing their sound :blink:

I only knew that people compared Mika with Scissor Sisters (and I have to admit that the first time I heard Mika I thought it were the Scissor Sisters :boxed:) But I like Mika more :wub2: