Mikasounds and Twitter Update Thread

Fmbm

Yep, this is going to be wonderful for my RSI wrist :wink2:.

At this point I can only read Mika's posts, no responses to his posts etc. (but I haven't made an account myself yet), is that normal? Or ar you not the right person to ask this to :roftl:?

I'm still trying to understand myself the twitter world.. and if I'm not mistaken I think yes you can read only Mika's posts on his page, in order to read what people write to him, you have to go to their pages.

For instance, if you want tor read the convo between Mika and Greg you have to go to both pages (accounts).

Can pls someone confirm?

Well, not everyone finds this unbelievable. I don't (and I am sure there are many others). And according to the randomness of the texts I do think it is Mika himself talking :naughty:. Much to my own surprise I like this Twitter.
So do I :naughty:

When he says "You need help greg" it reminds me of an audio interview where he told the same thing to a crazy interviewer :roftl:

Edited by mari62

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I saw a message from perez on his twitter account which says hello to Mika to twitter or something like that, and they're friends, i think it's him.

and i believe about the cd too why should him be liyng. and the fact that he finish with the whole recording thing doesn't mean that the cd will be released soon, i think take months all the mix and everything.

I don't mean Mika would be lying about the cd ofcourse, but that someone else in his name started a Twitter-account.....(to fool us poor mfc'ers...:wink2:)

Why does everyone find it so unbelievable that Mika would have a Twitter account? For me it was just a matter of when, not if, he would get one. If it had taken him more than another month to sign up I would have been surprised.

The account was opened on Friday evening on or about the time he would have been out with Perez and when he made his first post Perez welcomed him on board and has spoken to him several times since. Imogen Heap has also spoken to Mika and Greg and Greg has been chatting to Mika and Katy Perry.

There is nothing unusual about this. There are far bigger stars than Mika using Twitter in the same way.

Yes Twitter has other uses, but he called it Mikasounds and his updates are not protected so it's very much a public account. We're not spying on anything personal. He's well aware we're all watching and he can turn it off if he gets bored of fans yapping at him. Since he's not following any of us he can filter the @replies out and just look at messages coming from his friends if he wants to chat to other people in peace. But I really don't think he would have called it Mikasounds if he didn't intend to use it as a tool to update fans.

And why is there an assumption that this is now replacing blogs? He has only been on Twitter a couple of days but he hasn't blogged in weeks and he still doesn't appear to have anything to say that's worthy of a blog. That has nothing to do with Twitter.

Indeed, Mastah Christine, Indeed...:wink2::naughty::thumb_yello:

We are mostly all newbies at this Twitter thing. I have to say, the most helpful thing was when I discovered the Tweet Deck, so I didn't have to keep refreshing so many pages to see what was happening. This morning I could follow Mika's tweets (including the ones with Greg Wells) in real time, because the Tweet Deck beeps you and lets you know. You can make groups so you can specifically get notified when one of your groups has had tweets. I made a group just for mikasounds, so then it is instant notification when he posts.

Lovely tool, cannot recommend it enough.:thumb_yello:

Download free here:

http://www.tweetdeck.com/beta/

Hi Blue Sky ! :wub2:

I know you're not online now but ... I wonder if you could answer a question please ... I d/loaded 'tweetdeck' ... then just before installing ... there was this whole warning .... re: 'no publisher' etc. ... I dunno, just wondering ... or perhaps Christine could answer this ??

I'm pretty naive about this stuff ... & quite possibly 'over-cautious' ... :wink2:

We are mostly all newbies at this Twitter thing. I have to say, the most helpful thing was when I discovered the Tweet Deck, so I didn't have to keep refreshing so many pages to see what was happening. This morning I could follow Mika's tweets (including the ones with Greg Wells) in real time, because the Tweet Deck beeps you and lets you know. You can make groups so you can specifically get notified when one of your groups has had tweets. I made a group just for mikasounds, so then it is instant notification when he posts.

Lovely tool, cannot recommend it enough.

Download free here:

Thank you Blue Sky, it's been most useful...:thumb_yello:

Actually Perez only joined Twitter at the beginning of this year, so not

that long for him either. In fact, I remember an interview I saw with him

right at the end of last year when he said he didn't get the whole Twitter

thing -- that it was just too much information for him. Guess he's

changed his opinion :naughty:

I know deb, but 2 months for me is a long time...maybe it's Mikatime influence...:naughty::mf_rosetinted:

I hate twitter , just another thing to keep updated

And it's harsh when u're an oldling and arthritis attacks your fingers...:mf_rosetinted:

I don't mean Mika would be lying about the cd ofcourse, but that someone else in his name started a Twitter-account.....(to fool us poor mfc'ers...:wink2:)

I had that doubt too, but i don't think someone would have that much trouble just to fool a bunch of loonies...:mf_rosetinted:

haha oooh! well don't think it's a lie because the account name it's mikasounds, he always use that like in youtube. and if it's someone else! he/she gonna know what mfcs can do when they're mad! :mf_rosetinted: haha

I've just finished reading, 30 pages since the last time I've been here!! Since yesterday that is :naughty: Anyway, a few thoughts.

I LOVE Mika's twitter ego. Watermellon face, mayo. On the other hand I'm surprised to see him excited about Jacko. I don't get the whole fuss. Actually, the gigs I've seen Mika going to/being excited about - Madonna, GaGa, Jacko.. I'd never even think of seeing these people. Oh well, it's not like I'm supposed to be friends with Mika. As long as he makes good music and plays great gigs, that's all that matters.

Even though I'm fully aware that 'one week left till he finishes recording the new material' does not give us any specific idea about the release date, I'm EXCITED!! Just like when I saw the New Music vlog.

I can't help but worry about one thing though. I'm prety sure I'll not be able to participate in Mika World in August and September. It's dreadful for me to think what I could possibly miss out on during these two months. Surprise gigs? Acoustic tour? Album release? :boxed: I can't wait to have the info and dates confirmed cause then I'll know for sure. Not knowing is terrible.. :boxed:

Another thing is that even if he releases the new album in half a year time, 8 months time, it's ok with me. I'd be a bit disappointed but it'd be ok with me. If he gets bored with Twitter after a week, it's ok with me. If he doesn't post a blog/vlog for a month, it's ok with me. I LOVE to hear from him, see his vlogs, read his silly Twitter messages. But sometimes when he doesn't, I see people being annoyed, here and on the Polish forum, and I'm like 'should I be mad too?'..

Nevermind, I don't really know how to say exactly what I wanted to say. Man it sucks not having English as a first language. A week ago I've sent my boss an e-mail saying I've left my timesh!ts on his desk. TimeSH!TS, can you feel my pain? :crybaby: If he opened the e-mail while being still at home poor guy must've been pretty anxious as to what was waiting for him in his office :boxed:

Lovely tool, cannot recommend it enough.:thumb_yello:

Download free here:

BLUE SKY!!

It is not established. It writes, that file AIR is damaged. And this file should be received at the author of the appendix. Probably, to buy.:crybaby:

Yep, this is going to be wonderful for my RSI wrist :wink2:.

At this point I can only read Mika's posts, no responses to his posts etc. (but I haven't made an account myself yet), is that normal? Or ar you not the right person to ask this to :roftl:?

No I really don't think I'm the right person to ask questions about computer/internet thingies!:naughty:

But it's true that if you have an account you get to see pages that you not are able to see otherwise!

If I was able to make an account....you can do it, I assure you!:roftl:

Good luck!:wub2:

I like the way mika posts messages on Twitter, it's so spontaneous!:wub2: But I hope he don't forget posting on Mikasounds, especially things about the album & tour :punk:

I haven't read all the pages, so sorry if I'm repeating people :blush-anim-cl:

Tweetie :roftl:

And who is Angela Carter ?:blink:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angela_Carter

She wrote the book Mika likes the most

Uh?

Ain't Tweetie the iphone server? Pardon my ignorance???::

And what Angela..:

Explain it to an old bat Ketzo...:naughty:

Wait wait wait. WHO's Tweetie? Or actually...WHAT's Tweetie... okay okay, I screwed up myself, false alarm everyone :roftl:

I'm not on that T thing you know :cool:

Wait what book are you talking about ?

Greg Wells wrote Mika on the microphone a few minutes ago

:blink:

She is a writer. She wrote a book "A night at the circus" which is Mika's favourite book.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angela_Carter

She wrote the book Mika likes the most

Wait wait wait. WHO's Tweetie? Or actually...WHAT's Tweetie... okay okay, I screwed up myself, false alarm everyone :roftl:

I'm not on that T thing you know :cool:

LOL

come on keti, make a twitter account!! :punk::wink2:

Wait what book are you talking about ?

Greg Wells wrote Mika on the microphone a few minutes ago

:shocked: Mika on the microphone!! *me is excited*

:blink:

She is a writer. She wrote a book "A night at the circus" which is Mika's favourite book.

LOL

:shocked: Mika on the microphone!! *me is excited*

Oh that one :roftl:Now I know what you're talking about !

If only we could hear him