Mikasounds and Twitter Update Thread (Part 2)

Fmbm

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:doh: Alice! when will you ever learn?! :naughty:

what is it about?

i know he'll put it up later but i wonder what's the concept

Seems I NEVER learn!

It's about the happenings of April 14th & 15th--

including the "warm up" act!

Edited by A. Clay

I think an acoustic gig is very peculiar.

You spend money on such a gig only if you're a crazy fan like me :mf_rosetinted: oops...us! :biggrin2: Take the gig I'm attending, for instance: about 40 euro for a new artist who's coming back after 2 years after his first album was released! I guess only crazy mikafans would pay for that! :loco: What's more some people may not want to spend money on a gig taking place in a theatre: it is not an event that is going to move masses...

Want to bet on it :wink2: ? I badly need the money :naughty: .

I think you are suffering from a bad case of fuming wishful thinking :furious: .

Who hasn't been there ? I have.

He horripilates us so much with his manipulations that we would love to see that self-satisfied grin wiped off his silly face, after a big flop, a half empty theatre, so so reviews in the press.

But that's not going to happen, and he doesn't deserve it.

He does deserve having Raki's fangs driven into his derrière to teach him manners, but he also deserves the huge success he has got so far.

True he hardly filled up the Parc des Princes but still, 35 000 to 40 000 people gathered there, at that point in his career, that was something :thumb_yello: , even if the result was rather boring in my view.

And I bet you -again- that sold out tickets to his acoustic gigs will reach dizzy heights. Actually they already are...

Personally I would rather pay 200 euros for a first row seat at Sadler's wells than 30 euros for a ticket to one of his summer arena gigs... And 200 euros is a lot of money for me.

Cheers,

Id3

Just that being called 'Brits' tends to irritate them a wee little bit, love :naughty: !

But Dubliners are luscious :drool: and I envy Ingie for going there, gig or no gig :mad: ...

Cheers,

Id3

hehe well that's true!! I'm not even a Dub I'm from Cork but living in Dublin:roftl: I still live in hope-Mika will be here...at some po:thumb_yello:int

What? You want to make me work?

I hope someone else does it. It would be interesting to see.

Boasting, bitching and purring?

What about whining?

Why do you want to deprive me of all of life's pleasures?

Of course not ! That would be 'Mission : impossible'...

Please forgive me for being such a spoilsport :sorry: and by all means go on whining, bitching and moaning !

And let's rely on less lazy MFCers to provide data :wink2: . But when we get it I'm afraid you Brits may find it a bit embarrassing to go on complaining though :naughty: .

Cheers,

Id3

Want to bet on it :wink2: ? . . .

Personally I would rather pay 200 euros for a first row seat at Sadler's wells than 30 euros for a ticket to one of his summer arena gigs... And 200 euros is a lot of money for me.

Cheers, Id3

I stand with YOU: So civilized and "grown up" at last.[/B]:teehee:

Want to bet on it :wink2: ? . . .

Cheers, Id3

Of course not ! That would be 'Mission : impossible'...

Please forgive me for being such a spoilsport :sorry: and by all means go on whining, bitching and moaning !

And let's rely on less lazy MFCers to provide data :wink2: . But when we get it I'm afraid you Brits may find it a bit embarrassing to go on complaining though :naughty: .

Cheers,

Id3

**** IDT3 what are you talking about? Facts never get in the way of my whining activities. And you know, we may find surprising results if we do get the data.

A friend of mine believes that the 'unique numbers' we are to cherish and hug to our chest until May 25th, show where we will be sitting, A being first row, U being crappy, etc.

If she is right Sandbag did a lousy job of it :mad: because two tickets I bought at the same time for one of the Paris gig have two totally different code numbers...

Wait and see. A very fit motto for Sire's fans anyway :naughty: .

Cheers,

Id3

I don't think that's the case. I think seats' numbers will be shown on the tickets. Some of the venues have the seats reserved, some are general admission, but every ticket has the code.

An afterparty was my first thought but I abandoned it very quickly, there are way too many codes for that. I think it has something to do with the EP. It says on the confirmation that the codes are very special. As much as we all crave first rows I don't think Mika gives a lot of thought to who sits where...

Edited by agnieszka

i've just noticed (thanks a MFCer) that Mika weill some to south americaa!!:shocked::mf_lustslow::mf_lustslow::mf_lustslow: yessss!!!!!!!...i'm so happy!!!!! and he's learning the accent?? oh my lord!!! he wants to speak as we do!! definetly incredible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't think that's the case. I think seats' numbers will be shown on the tickets. Some of the venues have the seats reserved, some are general admission, but every ticket has the code.

An afterparty was my first thought but I abandoned it very quickly, there are way too many codes for that. I think it has something to do with the EP. It says on the confirmation that the codes are very special. As much as we all crave first rows I don't think Mika gives a lot of thought to who sits where...

Apart from VIPs but then fans are not that :naughty: .

As far as Sandbag are concerned I suppose it will be first bought first rows.

If it's the case, I will happy not to sit several rows from my guest :thumb_yello: .

Cheers,

Id3

Apart from VIPs but then fans are not that :naughty: .

If it's the case, I will happy not to sit several rows from my guest :thumb_yello: .

Cheers,

Id3

Yes, I think it will be this way in the venues where the seats are reserved, London for example. In those with general admission there's gonna be some queueing involved I'm afraid.

Thanks, love, any time -I mean, standing next to you at a gig :wub2: - but I hardly think that spending one third of, to over, your monthly salary on a concert ticket, flights and hotel room shows that you are mature, rather that you are :insane: and a music :freak: , which I am, more than anybody can imagine.

I realise that the mildness of my latest posts may have worried my staunchest fans :fangurl: . Blame it on an exploding attack of renal colic...

But I am much better now, and back to my horripilating self, hence the pretence not to understand what 'I stand with you' means :naughty: .

Id3's back, boys and girls :devil: !

Cheers,

Id3

Yep, that is how I am sure it will be. It's the usual way in which tickets work so I don't get how so many people are getting so confused about it. Ifyou buy tickets for any seated venue that has a "normal" numbered system, you will get the best seats in each category according to how early you buy them, and that's that.

I'm sure that this is the way this works as well. That is why, if you buy tickets for several shows for these Mika gigs, or even for the same show in two separate transactions,you will find that the 'reference 'number goes up in numbers for each new set of tickets that you buy. Each later transaction will give you 'further back' seats.

As for Mika not giving a hoot of who is in the front rows, I must disagree. I think that, to quite an extent, he gives it a lot of importance. He wants the biggest fans there, who will create the 'vibe' that he so feeds off during gigs, and who will show the support that he so transparently craves.

It's been more than obvious to me in impromptu 'non fan' gigs like the Fiat London Eye thing last year, where he looked incredibly relieved and grateful that he had real fans there hogging the front and cheering him nonstop, and even in performances like the Graham Norton tv show, where he started smiling up to where we were making the noise from when he noticed that we were cheering :roftl:.

Apart from VIPs but then fans are not that .

Cheers,

Id3

Yep, again, I'm sure that it will be that.

Cheers,

Id3

Oh, of course, so would I. I have always said that I'd rather pay more for a guaranteed good seat than anything else. But we've discussed this to quite an extent already

**** IDT3 what are you talking about? Facts never get in the way of my whining activities. And you know, we may find surprising results if we do get the data.

Possibly, but we haven't so far...

I am so disappointed in the hard working, serious-minded MFCers we had got used to relying on :( ! Actually it's the first time they have let us lazy bones down :emot-sad: .

Do you think we have turned them :shocked: ?

Cheers,

Id3

As for Mika not giving a hoot of who is in the front rows, I must disagree. I think that, to quite an extent, he gives it a lot of importance. He wants the biggest fans there, who will create the 'vibe' that he so feeds off during gigs, and who will show the support that he so transparently craves.

It's been more than obvious to me in impromptu 'non fan' gigs like the Fiat London Eye thing last year, where he looked incredibly relieved and grateful that he had real fans there hogging the front and cheering him nonstop, and even in performances like the Graham Norton tv show, where he started smiling up to where we were making the noise from when he noticed that we were cheering :roftl:.

[

Ah, but those were rather early events, he has grown a lot since then, in fame and self confidence.

I can easily imagine that in LA he was a bit insecure after 8 month off stage and airing the new songs too.

There he must have felt good when he saw you guys so close to him -physically as well as metaphorically-.

Cheers,

Id3

Ah, but those were rather early events, he has grown a lot since then, in fame and self confidence.

I can easily imagine that in LA he was a bit insecure after 8 month off stage and airing the new songs too.

There he must have felt good when he saw you guys so close to him -physically as well as metaphorically-.

Cheers,

Id3

Was thinking too... if Sariflor is right and he feels stronger when his fans are near the stage, the presale of tickets may have been -once more- a way of taking care of number one even more than of giving them some imagined privilege :naughty: .

Cheers,

Id3

Was thinking too... if Sariflor is right and he feels stronger when his fans are near the stage, the presale of tickets may have been -once more- a way of taking care of number one even more than of giving them some imagined privilege :naughty: .

Cheers,

Id3

What you say makes sense. .. I'd only insert 'hard core' fans.. not just any fans :wink2: