New Live Show!

dcdeb

MORE cos I would have to find another room for the night PLUS over 100 quid to buy a diff return train ticket, and the sack cos I can't have any more days off.

So yeah it may all be very nice and decadent, but not everyone is as rich as he is.:sneaky2:

Indeed, but the crazy thing is I'd probably still do it!!!:roftl:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I think the intention of secret announcements is to give the widest group of MFCers the fairest chance to learn of new information to gigs.

I'm not sure there's a better way.

But is it relevant to the widest group of MFCers? If the gig is in Japan then it's not really relevant for me to take the day off or for you to get up at 3 am or whatever - can't be that bloody hard to narrow it down just a bit :doh:

I'm leaving on tuesday too:naughty:

He'd love that, wouldn't he?:fisch:

Well it sure would be a quiet gig, he probs could hold it in his living room cos everyone will have gone apart from Sari and Jenni and maybe one or two more cos they live in London lol pffft.

Well it sure would be a quiet gig, he probs could hold it in his living room cos everyone will have gone apart from Sari and Jenni and maybe one or two more cos they live in London lol pffft.

Haha yeah but he'd just like to tease:mf_rosetinted:

But is it relevant to the widest group of MFCers? If the gig is in Japan then it's not really relevant for me to take the day off or for you to get up at 3 am or whatever - can't be that bloody hard to narrow it down just a bit :doh:

I know...it's true and I made that suggestion (hint) yesterday. Especially since we have such delicate servers.

:dunno:

Well I think the intention of secret announcements is to give the widest group of MFCers the fairest chance to learn of new information to gigs.

CAn't see that I'm afraid. All this secret "hang round MFC all day" favours the very small group of people with no RL to get on with. In fact, I think it would be fairer to put the dates up in advance of booking so people can work out how best their limited funds can be used and sort out someone to buy for them if they aren't available at the opening of booking. Also to put in advance how many pre-sale tickets there were etc.

I really don't think this new gig will be in Europe- in fact, I'd be disappointed if it was as, like many others have said, we've paid for hotels and stuff and might not be able to make this new gig even if it was nearer home.

CAn't see that I'm afraid. All this secret "hang round MFC all day" favours the very small group of people with no RL to get on with. In fact, I think it would be fairer to put the dates up in advance of booking so people can work out how best their limited funds can be used and sort out someone to buy for them if they aren't available at the opening of booking. Also to put in advance how many pre-sale tickets there were etc.

I really don't think this new gig will be in Europe- in fact, I'd be disappointed if it was as, like many others have said, we've paid for hotels and stuff and might not be able to make this new gig even if it was nearer home.

Well let me qualify my post by re-posting what I recommended yesterday :thumb_yello::

I wonder if it would make a difference if a clue was given to WHERE this one, lone, gig will NOT be. It might reduce a significant number of MFCers logging on from all over the world and crashing our delicate server.

And I sure hope that the announcement is catered to the time of normal waking hours for those who it may impact. There's nothing worse than being the last one to know about a gig in your neighbourhood because the announcement was made at 4am.

*HINT HINT*

Because if it does happen in my Toronto suburbia backyard -it'd be nice to know before Kelzy, S&M, and Soangel who live in Australia buy 3 dozen tickets in front row and sell them on EBay. Just kidding of course...but you know what I mean. :naughty:

exactlyyyyyyy :wub2: the intro Relax made my heart pound a lot !! it's an amazing feeling and you just tell to yourself "oh my god, I'm finally in !! this is finally happening"....

well sweet memories of the past gigs... :wub2:

@ Neiobi : I totally agree with what you said, it was like if you were in my mind :wink2:

@ Dilek : try to this one explaining them you didn't managed to join other people... it doesn't cost nothing to try ! ;)

Hehe I'm glad!

Well let me qualify my post by re-posting what I recommended yesterday :thumb_yello::

I wonder if it would make a difference if a clue was given to WHERE this one, lone, gig will NOT be. It might reduce a significant number of MFCers logging on from all over the world and crashing our delicate server.

And I sure hope that the announcement is catered to the time of normal waking hours for those who it may impact. There's nothing worse than being the last one to know about a gig in your neighbourhood because the announcement was made at 4am.

*HINT HINT*

I agree with this, if we knew if it was Europe or N.America etc it would really make things easier all round.

*HINT HINT*

It's NOT Dublin :roftl:

But that's true- I couldn't get onto the site until about 13:15 when the European tour tickets went on sale (and I didn't realise the link would be posted elsewhere) and I bet half the people overloading the server couldn't attend a gig in Europe anyway.

And as gig tickets usually do go on sale during the working day, it would have been useful to a lot of us to be able to make arrangements for someone not at work to buy them- IF we'd known what was going to be on offer.

It's NOT Dublin :roftl:

But that's true- I couldn't get onto the site until about 13:15 when the European tour tickets went on sale (and I didn't realise the link would be posted elsewhere) and I bet half the people overloading the server couldn't attend a gig in Europe anyway.

And as gig tickets usually do go on sale during the working day, it would have been useful to a lot of us to be able to make arrangements for someone not at work to buy them- IF we'd known what was going to be on offer.

I was caught by surprise when they released the tickets so soon after announcing the gigs. How can you buy tickets when you have no idea if you can get the time off work etc? Exciting - Yes, Practical - No.

I was caught by surprise when they released the tickets so soon after announcing the gigs. How can you buy tickets when you have no idea if you can get the time off work etc? Exciting - Yes, Practical - No.

Exciting maybe but with those seated gigs and the delicate server, it's so stressing!

I agree I booked them then trains (cos the sooner they are booked the cheaper they are, and also rooms), and I had spent over 200 quid before I had even asked my boss if I could have time off work, even now I can't have holiday but he said he would change my shift with someone else so I will have to work that shift later in the week.

Tomorrow I am at work ALL day, (I had to work bank holiday to get extra money to help pay for it and also cos we get an extra days holiday that I needed to get or they take it off us). so if it is announced before 5-6 tomorrow afternoon, and it's a gig I could have gone to but missed out cos I was at work.... I will be extremely upset. But I think it will be in France anyway, it usually is.

I agree I booked them then trains (cos the sooner they are booked the cheaper they are, and also rooms), and I had spent over 200 quid before I had even asked my boss if I could have time off work, even now I can't have holiday but he said he would change my shift with someone else so I will have to work that shift later in the week.

Tomorrow I am at work ALL day, (I had to work bank holiday to get extra money to help pay for it and also cos we get an extra days holiday that I needed to get or they take it off us). so if it is announced before 5-6 tomorrow afternoon, and it's a gig I could have gone to but missed out cos I was at work.... I will be extremely upset. But I think it will be in France anyway, it usually is.

Viv, if you want me to keep you up to date tomorrow you can PM me your mobile number, i'll add you to my list! :thumb_yello:

Oh, well I thought it was either the code or part of her credit card or something. I'm just trying to protect her identity :tears:

Oooh, I know, thanks :huglove:

Re the bolded part: Isn't that a bit harsh? :naughty: I wouldn't say that it's people with no RL to get on with; It would be people whose RL reality is different, so they may do a job where they have constant access to internet and can do a quick spot check, or be on msn so that someone else who sees an announcement gives them an instand heads up, etc, etc...

There are tons of different types of jobs and many (like mine) mean that one sits at a computer and logged into everying all day. It's just a different RL than to say, the person who works in a shop or teaches a class. Just different.

In any case I do agree with what you say about the notice, or giving some idea of areas, etc... This secretism that Mika and co are playing at and the last minute springing of gigs and dates and whatnot on fans is starting to get irritating, because it means that making plans is very difficult and it just complicates matters for people when there is really no need for it.

*HINT HINT*

I love how you called it our 'delicate' server :roftl:. But, of course, I agree.

I agree with this, if we knew if it was Europe or N.America etc it would really make things easier all round.

Ditto. At the very least, ruling out a continent would be a good idea.

I've got a far better way. Announce the date far in advance of the ticket sales. The secrets are not about being fair.

Sorry that's not going to happen. :dunno:

I've got a far better way. Announce the date far in advance of the ticket sales. The secrets are not about being fair.

Sorry that's not going to happen. :dunno:

Well, yes - that is a better way. Instead of making a secret announcement about a gig, announcing when information to ticket sales are going to be posted (I think that's what I meant to convey). And that would mean I wouldn't have to contribute to crashing the server and log onto MFC if I wasn't planning to buy tickets for the gig.