MIKA @ Le Poisson Rouge | New York City, USA

Christine

Sorry to hear that Lucy. I bet Mika will come to Mexico after the next album. Didn't he mention that in a blog a while back? Or maybe it was South America.

He said South America on Twitter not too long ago... I know Mexico isn't South

America, but it's in the general direction... so keep the faith,

Lucy! All is not lost! :huglove:

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

my advice for people seeing mika for the first time:

take minimal pictures and videos. i took so many pointless videos and pictures the first time i saw him, that i hardly remember anything funny Mika might have said or done. there's always going to be plenty of videos and pictures, afterwards, on the internet. don't worry about it.:thumb_yello:

my advice for people seeing mika for the first time:

take minimal pictures and videos. i took so many pointless videos and pictures the first time i saw him, that i hardly remember anything funny Mika might have said or done. there's always going to be plenty of videos and pictures, afterwards, on the internet. don't worry about it.:thumb_yello:

One thing I always remember Andy asking me, was why was I taking pictures, when I had taken pics at other shows, which is a fair point. But not every gig is the same, as regarding little mistakes Mika makes, or things the band do.

So, now I don't constantly take pics, but do have my camera at the ready for any little gems that might occur.

One thing I always remember Andy asking me, was why was I taking pictures, when I had taken pics at other shows, which is a fair point. But not every gig is the same, as regarding little mistakes Mika makes, or things the band do.

So, now I don't constantly take pics, but do have my camera at the ready for any little gems that might occur.

well, i couldn't get my "new phone" to work on the night of the concert, although i did get a blur of mika. it wasn't even good enough for bab's album, i deleted it.

well, i couldn't get my "new phone" to work on the night of the concert, although i did get a blur of mika. it wasn't even good enough for bab's album, i deleted it.

I had that trouble on my first gig, that's what prompted me to get a digital camera.

But even that sometimes gives me really blurry shots at the wrong time, which is frustrating.

I had that trouble on my first gig, that's what prompted me to get a digital camera.

But even that sometimes gives me really blurry shots at the wrong time, which is frustrating.

i just couldn't be bothered bringing too many things, and the phone really does take nice pics.. once you figure it out! but i'm all good to go now... all i'm missing is mika!!! :teehee:

i just couldn't be bothered bringing too many things, and the phone really does take nice pics.. once you figure it out! but i'm all good to go now... all i'm missing is mika!!! :teehee:

You never know, maybe July he'll visit you guys.

. . . . Don't get me wrong - SOME MFCers (are nicer then others) :freak:

SOME of them sit there and ROLL their eyes at you . . . true story - happened to me in NYC last year. You can SPOT "those" ones a mile away! They are the ones (keeping to themselves) cause they have SUCH bad attitudes! MFCers are suppose to be loving and supportive towards one another NOT discriminate! WHAT EVER GIRLFRIENDS . . . .

hahaha i better be on the nicer side holly :sneaky2: hell when i first met u i ran up to u and hugged u lmfao AND i flew down to florida to visit u:wub2::huglove: and as for those mfcers i remember them well lol:naughty:

You never know, maybe July he'll visit you guys.

maybe! that would be fantastic! :mf_lustslow:

Guy, I'd toooooootally do my hardest, try my most bestest ever :mf_rosetinted: to get my butt on over there (to Quebec that is, if that's where you're talking about :aah:). I, of course, hope I have no summer plans by then. :roftl:

Edited by iadoremika

I'm soo excited!! :roftl:

Sorry, I feel silly asking this, but it's my first concert so I don't know, but it is there any sort of special mfc line or meeting place or something?? Just wasn't sure . . . . :blush-anim-cl:

I'm soo excited!! :roftl:

Sorry, I feel silly asking this, but it's my first concert so I don't know, but it is there any sort of special mfc line or meeting place or something?? Just wasn't sure . . . . :blush-anim-cl:

Just look for the flag, it'll be there:wink2:

Guy, I'd toooooootally do my hardest, try my most bestest ever :mf_rosetinted: to get my butt on over there (to Quebec that is, if that's where you're talking about :aah:). I, of course, hope I have no summer plans by then. :roftl:

i'll show you what a real poutine is! :biggrin2:

any more news on the age limit stuff??? i dont wanna seem like a nag but i would prefer getting in legally and with out possibly begging:naughty:

over 18 + is the last word my dear... sorry. :huglove:

i even got a private twit from le poisson rouge 4 hours ago & this is what it said:

lprnycThere will be no one under the age of 18 admitted to the show for any reason. I apologize for for the bummer.

about 4 hours ago

it's not the real thing. :mf_rosetinted:

I know, so sad. :aah:

Though I saw a show on Food Network (Ricardo & Friends I think it was called) and he went to this place that had SO many differnt types of poutines. I was so surprised. :roftl:

hahaha i better be on the nicer side holly :sneaky2: hell when i first met u i ran up to u and hugged u lmfao AND i flew down to florida to visit u:wub2::huglove: and as for those mfcers i remember them well lol:naughty:

Of COURSE you are (on the nicer side) :naughty: Not only THAT - you are ONE of t h e nicest!!!!! :teehee:

. . . . and of course, THOSE chicks KNOW w h o they are . . . . and if anyone is like hhhuuhhh, wwhhhaattt, was it possibly me? NO, it was not YOU! :roftl:

It's ALL good . . . they have had an entire year and a half to mature . . .

I keep wondering about this SHOW . . when ALL I have to compare ANYTHING to is last year in NYC. Which is NOT necessarily a good thing, since we (who did not get on stage) we severly tramatized and scarred for life down there in the pit of hell. I still have Lollipop Nightmares - NO JOKE. It was TRULY the closest I have ever came to death in my life. For a moment I HONESTLY thought I was going to die. Being pressed against the barricade I literally could not catch a breath - Alex immediately saw it in my eyes from the stage. We were all being crushed. It was the SINGLE scariest moment of my life. I don't think we have to worry about ANYTHING like that happening this time. . . doubt Mika will be pulling people on stage - I HOPE he has learned his lesson on that. It might have been OKAY to do in the EARLY EARLY days . . . but, sweet curly one - those days are G O N E.

Edited by HollyD

Oooh fantastic!! We can go together, yay! How cool is that!

Believe me, by that stage I will have NO money so I will be hitching to JFK:naughty: I wonder if Mika is headed there that day...it's the least he could do really I think:wink2:

Ok this IS quite spooky he! I missed the second part of your post saying the Heathrow thing (am half asleep) .

Guess we'll get to see eachother's horrid mugs when we land in the morning hahaha.

I will need to leg it as soon as I can cause I am meant to work that day, unless I cave in closer to the date and decide to take it off too

It wasn't you...I added the Heathrow bit as an after thought as I realised that you would probably think I was going straight to Glasgow. Yes indeed....6 20 am I think we are due in:shocked: I do understand about limiting the days off but you are clinically insane if you think you will be able to manage a day at work after that flight! I am going straight to work next Tuesday morning after flying up from london at silly o clock and I aren't actually imaginging that I will get much done:naughty:

Yeah I'm terribly disappointed actually ! but life goes on, so as Mika, and hopefully he'll be touring here soon !

Yes I'm sure he said that too .. hope he can make his way here !

Thank you guys a lot !!

We have everything crossed for you. :wub2:

Andy doesn't understand WHY we take the pics:mf_rosetinted::roftl:

Believe me, by that stage I will have NO money so I will be hitching to JFK:naughty: I wonder if Mika is headed there that day...it's the least he could do really I think

It wasn't you...I added the Heathrow bit as an after thought as I realised that you would probably think I was going straight to Glasgow. Yes indeed....6 20 am I think we are due in:shocked:

I do understand about limiting the days off but you are clinically insane if you think you will be able to manage a day at work after that flight! I am going straight to work next Tuesday morning after flying up from london at silly o clock and I aren't actually imaginging that I will get much done:naughty:

Yeah, I reckon we should drop it in and ask for a lift. Surely they could fit the 3 of us in there without too much effort? :naughty: You never know hey.

About working on the day: the morning that I arrived from LA (on an overnihgt 11+ hour flight) I had to go straight home to log into work, as I hadn't managed to take the afternoon off and my boss was only happy to cover for me in the morning, so that was a half day that I had to work after a sleepless night on the plane.

Same happened last year after Toronto, but this time I had do to a proper full day at work after the flight, and last summer after Amsterdam I also flew straight to work early in the morning. The only really hard one was Amsterdam, cause I got absolutely no sleep over the 3 days prior, and by the time I got back to London I was a zombi.

So yeah, in a long winded way, I guess that I'm trying to say that you'd be amazed how well you can cope with that :roftl:. London will be a breeze as long as you don't get drunk the night before heheh.

Andy doesn't understand WHY we take the pics:roftl:

Andy seems to not get anything does he? :roftl:

Yeah, I was just going to say that same thing. People have different personalities, experience emotions in different ways, and even the same person on a different circumstance can react very differently...

You know, if I were going you'd find me very shy and quiet... I'm like that with everyone before i know them properly...

I think I was eating a sandwich when all of this happened. :naughty:

Must've been a pretty entertaining sandwich then :naughty:

Yeah, I reckon we should drop it in and ask for a lift. Surely they could fit the 3 of us in there without too much effort? :naughty: You never know hey.

About working on the day: the morning that I arrived from LA (on an overnihgt 11+ hour flight) I had to go straight home to log into work, as I hadn't managed to take the afternoon off and my boss was only happy to cover for me in the morning, so that was a half day that I had to work after a sleepless night on the plane.

Same happened last year after Toronto, but this time I had do to a proper full day at work after the flight, and last summer after Amsterdam I also flew straight to work early in the morning. The only really hard one was Amsterdam, cause I got absolutely no sleep over the 3 days prior, and by the time I got back to London I was a zombi.

So yeah, in a long winded way, I guess that I'm trying to say that you'd be amazed how well you can cope with that :roftl:. London will be a breeze as long as you don't get drunk the night before heheh.

Andy seems to not get anything does he?

Well all I can say is hats off to you!

After Barrowlands I had about 2 hrs sleep as I had to get Satu back to the airport very early. That morning at work I fell asleep during a training session........the trouble was...........I was delivering it:roftl::shocked:

Poor Andy. He gets nothing.:mf_rosetinted: