MIKA @ Le Poisson Rouge | New York City, USA

Christine

:Update:

Tues. is still looking like the best day of the lot.

There are adverts here, but info as well . . .

http://www.weather.com/multimedia/videoplayer.html?clip=647&collection=localwxforecast&from=dayDetails_bottomnav_business

http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/businesstraveler/tenday/USNY0996?from=dayDetails_topnav_business

Today's Forecast-for Tues., 23rd:

DAY Temp =77

EVE Temp = 65

STILL 70% chance that it WON'T rain!

Edited by A. Clay

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I third it. :naughty:

Geez, why do I have to be so busy (work and home life) now?

I probably have 3 days of work to catch up on before I leave for New York, and my usual child care help has flown to Chicago.

To organize myself, I have lists. I've made lists. I've re-made lists. I've lost lists. Besides the weather, I'm overanalyzing everything. What do the kids need besides clean underwear before I leave? Check in luggage or bring just a carry-on and risk they take my tweezers? Bring phone with internet or just the one for texting or the one that has the number everyone already knows? Bring a laptop? Pillow? Ack - it's time to go to work now - time is flying. Before you know it, I'll find myself standing in the queue. :blink:

i have all these questions myself.... :boxed:

Esp the carry-on cause i have like hair cream and stuff like that that is bigger than 100ml.... what do i do?! i can manage with just a carry-on but than they wont let me up with that! :sneaky2:

I **may** have an extra ticket to the show on Tuesday (not sure if this is allowed on the website...). I'm not positive yet, but if I do then I would be willing to sell it to anyone! I originally bought 4 tix, but now I may just need 3....pm me if interested!

i have all these questions myself.... :boxed:

Esp the carry-on cause i have like hair cream and stuff like that that is bigger than 100ml.... what do i do?! i can manage with just a carry-on but than they wont let me up with that! :sneaky2:

They're incredibly strict with the 100mL rule. Either transfer it to a travel-sized container or put it in checked baggage. :bleh:

Just keep your eyes on the prize Holly. Mika will make it all better I promise. :biggrin2:

Absolutely. The moment that man bounds on stage, you won't be thinking of anything else, I promise you that. :naughty:

I **may** have an extra ticket to the show on Tuesday (not sure if this is allowed on the website...). I'm not positive yet, but if I do then I would be willing to sell it to anyone! I originally bought 4 tix, but now I may just need 3....pm me if interested!

Hi Heather :welcomeani: to the MFC!

This is OK, as long as you're not trying to sell the ticket for more

than it's worth :wink2: You might also want to try the Extra Ticket

thread here:

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4746&highlight=extra+ticket

See you Tuesday! If you see MFCers there, don't be shy! Introduce yourself :)

i have all these questions myself....

Esp the carry-on cause i have like hair cream and stuff like that that is bigger than 100ml.... what do i do?! i can manage with just a carry-on but than they wont let me up with that!

OH GAWD - all I am bringing is a carry on - didn't even THINK of the restrictions (I don't even have a CLUE what they are) I CAN go to the Jet Blue website and find all my answers . . r i g h t . . . .

Just keep your eyes on the prize Holly. Mika will make it all better I promise. :biggrin2:

I am (the pain has just turned my brain to total mush) but, I do recall last year at Terminal 5 after queueing for 13 hours I was aching EVERYWHERE, my feet HURT so bad I thought I could not stand any longer - and I swear to the heavens AS SOON as Mika came out - I did not feel an OUNCE of pain the entire show. It all hit me once again like a semi as SOON as he was gone! So, yeah - How I feel and how I look won't matte much to me come Tuesday night! But, YALL better not laugh at me (and my RED face) if you MUST laugh p l e a s e do it behind my back totally unnoticable. :rolls_eyes:

Welcome to the MFC!!! :huglove:

tell me about it!

I JUST meant my pain (nothing MORE I swear)! It's NOT what you think! :teehee:

. . . . and with my last breath I would just like to say - - - - -

:woot_jump: :woot_jump: :woot_jump:

I am (the pain has just turned my brain to total mush) but, I do recall last year at Terminal 5 after queueing for 13 hours I was aching EVERYWHERE, my feet HURT so bad I thought I could not stand any longer - and I swear to the heavens AS SOON as Mika came out - I did not feel an OUNCE of pain the entire show. It all hit me once again like a semi as SOON as he was gone! So, yeah - How I feel and how I look won't matte much to me come Tuesday night! But, YALL better not laugh at me (and my RED face) if you MUST laugh p l e a s e do it behind my back totally unnoticable. :rolls_eyes:

I will laugh now and get it out of the way. :teehee:

I think we are planning to get chairs, so why don't you pick one up? So much easier!!!

We don't even need one for everyone really, we can just play musical chairs and since it's warm I'm sure people will be sitting on the curb and sidewalk.

They're incredibly strict with the 100mL rule. Either transfer it to a travel-sized container or put it in checked baggage. :bleh:

Absolutely. The moment that man bounds on stage, you won't be thinking of anything else, I promise you that. :naughty:

okee maybe ill buy few little bottles :blink:

will they take the tweezers if i have?

Edited by Sivan

I will laugh now and get it out of the way. :teehee:

I think we are planning to get chairs, so why don't you pick one up? So much easier!!!

We don't even need one for everyone really, we can just play musical chairs and since it's warm I'm sure people will be sitting on the curb and sidewalk.

THANK you so much for laughing NOW! But, trust me LAUGH l o n g and laugh HARD . . .(just to make SURE you got it all out) *it is THAT bad* :teehee:

I was thinking of getting a chair for this time . . . I do beleive it is a MUST have item! I will be far too HYPER to sit MUCH but, some will be most needed! :freak:

MUSICAL chairs sounds good - but the REAL game, set to LICM :das:

. . . are we too old to play g a m e s? I say NOT! :naughty:

okee maybe ill buy few little bottles :blink:

Oh dear - i do not speak metric languages :roftl: how many ounces is 100 ml? i don;t want them to try and take my personal items! :sneaky2:

THANK you so much for laughing NOW! But, trust me LAUGH l o n g and laugh HARD . . .(just to make SURE you got it all out) *it is THAT bad* :teehee:

I was thinking of getting a chair for this time . . . I do beleive it is a MUST have item! I will be far too HYPER to sit MUCH but, some will be most needed! :freak:

MUSICAL chairs sounds good - but the REAL game, set to LICM :das:

. . . are we too old to play g a m e s? I say NOT! :naughty:

I just did some research for you :naughty:

The severe redness from sunburn can be treated using an analgesic including ibuprofen and acetaminophen. Some people also use tomatoes for treating sunburn, but it is a more painful way of treating sunburn.

Moisturising lotions based on avocado can also be a good treatment for sunburn. Ice will take out the redness of sunburn but when removed, discomfort will follow. A hot shower is also found to be useful, but in severe sunburn it may damage the skin further.

I just did some research for you :naughty:

Thank you nono!!! :huglove:

I am going to take a HOT shower (and risk the pain) cause I also read that a HOT shower will restore circulation to the area and promote the healing process . . . I was too scared - and have been taking ICE COLD showers that are prolly ALL the more painful - I HATE being c o l d. . . . I would rather be HOT anyday! :freak:

Thank you nono!!! :huglove:

I am going to take a HOT shower (and risk the pain) cause I also read that a HOT shower will restore circulation to the area and promote the healing process . . . I was too scared - and have been taking ICE COLD showers that are prolly ALL the more painful - I HATE being c o l d. . . . I would rather be HOT anyday! :freak:

You're welcome. I hope it helps! :huglove:

I don't know about your airline bu, I just checked Jet Blue and tweezers are ALLOWED - so should be the same for you! :thumb_yello:

And I also now know that it is 3 ounces . . . :doh: Me + Math = :blink:

Oh dear - i do not speak metric languages :roftl: how many ounces is 100 ml? i don;t want them to try and take my personal items! :sneaky2:

Holly,

The last time I flew the limit for liquids, creams, etc. in U.S. measurements was 3 oz. each, put in a Ziploc bag.

Hope you'll be feeling better when you get here. I know that you've been getting all sorts of advice about treating sunburn...I'll throw some in too! The "caine" preparations can actually be irritating, so if you've been using them without relief, discontinue use.

I feel for you! I have been in bed with a virus this whole past week when I really needed to do a million other things. Thank goodness my strength is coming back -- I'll need it for Tuesday!

Have a safe trip!

Joanne

Holly,

The last time I flew the limit for liquids, creams, etc. in U.S. measurements was 3 oz. each, put in a Ziploc bag.

Hope you'll be feeling better when you get here. I know that you've been getting all sorts of advice about treating sunburn...I'll throw some in too! The "caine" preparations can actually be irritating, so if you've been using them without relief, discontinue use.

I feel for you! I have been in bed with a virus this whole past week when I really needed to do a million other things. Thank goodness my strength is coming back -- I'll need it for Tuesday!

Have a safe trip!

Joanne

Thanks for the h e l p Joanne! You ALWAYS give the best advice! OMG . . . my father went to talk to a pharmacist and he recommended the Solar caine . . I IMMEDIATELY knew it was doing MORE damage then GOOD! I did STOP using it! But, only now REALLY paying the price! I have been in MISERY for days and today seems to be the WORST of all, even though (TODAY is the first day I have not cried)

Hope you feel 100% by Tuesday as well!!!! :huglove:

I have been in MISERY for days and today seems to be the WORST of all, even though (TODAY is the first day I have not cried)

QUOTE]

Oh I'm sorry that's awful!!! I'm sure you'll be feeling better by Tuesday though, don't let it ruin the excitment!! :thumb_yello:

Can't wait to see you there!!

Thanks for the h e l p Joanne! You ALWAYS give the best advice! OMG . . . my father went to talk to a pharmacist and he recommended the Solar caine . . I IMMEDIATELY knew it was doing MORE damage then GOOD! I did STOP using it! But, only now REALLY paying the price! I have been in MISERY for days and today seems to be the WORST of all, even though (TODAY is the first day I have not cried)

Hope you feel 100% by Tuesday as well!!!! :huglove:

I think I'll be fine by then. We'll need to be strong because we're going to have to help the LPR people handle this show. lol...I was actually there a few weeks ago for another show and talked to some of the staff who had no idea what they're in for when Mika plays there.

What I do know is that when there is a line at LPR, there is just one line for will call and ticket holders -- they have someone working the line while you wait, so that's easy. But I don't know if they have ever handled as many people as this show is likely to bring in.

I am hoping pandemonium won't break out!

Oh I'm sorry that's awful!!! I'm sure you'll be feeling better by Tuesday though, don't let it ruin the excitment!!

Can't wait to see you there!!

I am trying!!!! :huglove:

I have been doing things to get ready for the trip today (like packing) and PLUCKING :freak: and it REALLY did get me all :fangurl: E X C I T E D -

PAIN SMAIN :teehee: Tuesday is going to be the second BEST day of my life (okay, perhaps that was a BIT over dramatic but . .. who knows) :roftl:

Can't wait to see you! :woot_jump:

Oh and NOW the face looks like I have some sort of funky disease . . . NO ONE be alarmed . . . it is JUST from the burn I AM NOT contagious PEOPLE don't avoid me like the plauge I am just all burnt up :crybaby: