Mikasounds and Twitter Update Thread (Part 3)

Fmbm

I have been saying this for months about Mika not being responsible for the privacy settings on YouTube. I mean he probably doesn't even use that account. :dunno:

I really don't understand why everyone holds Mika personally responsible for everything that goes on in his organization and expects him to drop what he's doing and take action. He is an artist. He has a management team and a record company whose job it is to handle these things.

Paolo Nutini has a presence on Twitter, Facebook, MySpace, YouTube, a website, etc. but I would not be surprised if Paolo has never turned on a computer in his life. His fans don't harass him personally to sort out his YT account or his ticketing and merchandising problems because he's not even there to be harassed.

I know it's frustrating but we have direct access to Mika's management team and the people who handle these things like Sandbag. There is no need to harass Mika about such trivial matters when we've got the chance to communicate with him about more fun and interesting things.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been saying this for months about Mika not being responsible for the privacy settings on YouTube. I mean he probably doesn't even use that account. :dunno:

I really don't understand why everyone holds Mika personally responsible for everything that goes on in his organization and expects him to drop what he's doing and take action. He is an artist. He has a management team and a record company whose job it is to handle these things.

Paolo Nutini has a presence on Twitter, Facebook, MySpace, YouTube, a website, etc. but I would not be surprised if Paolo has never turned on a computer in his life. His fans don't harass him personally to sort out his YT account or his ticketing and merchandising problems because he's not even there to be harassed.

I know it's frustrating but we have direct access to Mika's management team and the people who handle these things like Sandbag. There is no need to harass Mika about such trivial matters when we've got the chance to communicate with him about more fun and interesting things.

Yet the glitches keep happening!

I'm sorry to keep going on about this, but even with great rapport we seem to have with Team Mika, things still keep going wrong!

The whole gig/EP fiasco, just bought back 2007 all over again. And it just doesn't seem to be getting any better.

I accept that the YT glitches are probably out of their control, thanks to Mana asking Andy about it.

But when things keep going wrong over and over, and it doesn't seem to improve, yes people ARE going to go directly to him and say something.

I did what I did today, before Mana posted, and have subsequently gone back to apologise for my outburst.

But I think things have to improve a heck of a lot more before things like this stop happening.

And I'm sorry if this offends anyone, but it's how I feel, and I think I AM entitled to my opinion.

The whole gig/EP fiasco, just bought back 2007 all over again. And it just doesn't seem to be getting any better.

:blink:

What went wrong with the gigs/EPs? Did I miss anything?

Rose things are going to keep going wrong. Complaining to Mika again and again is not going to prevent people from making mistakes.

He is the artist which means it's not his job to micromanage certain aspects of the marketing of his product. You are entitled to your opinion but that doesn't change the facts.

The only thing that nagging him will accomplish is make him disappear from Twitter and we won't have any access to him at all.

Rose things are going to keep going wrong. Complaining to Mika again and again is not going to prevent people from making mistakes.

He is the artist which means it's not his job to micromanage certain aspects of the marketing of his product. You are entitled to your opinion but that doesn't change the facts.

The only thing that nagging him will accomplish is make him disappear from Twitter and we won't have any access to him at all.

I don't constantly go on there complaining, this was the first thing I went on there to seriously ask about.

I don't want to drive him off there either, I'm saying that when things constantly go wrong, and things don't look to be improving, people WILL go there to say something, it's human nature!

After the debacle in 2007, you would think that things would have been sorted, instead it just seems to have got worse.

Personally, I would much rather have a laugh and a joke with him on Twitter, but if i feel really strongly about something (as I would with ANYONE I follow on there), I'm gonna say something.

So okay, he he decides to leave there, feel free to blame me, if it will make everyone feel better!

Umm... this could be important.

"PerezHilton @MikaSounds Very excited about our new plan! We gotta make it happen!!!!! xoxo"

WHAT ARE THEY UP TO NOW?!?!

No doubt something that most of us won't be able to get to!

i'm thinking it's something to do with the MuchMusic awards this weekend, since they've been saying "see you there!" for like 3 weeks lol.

That's a possiblity.

Apparently you can't upload a video as private. It's always public first, then you change the settings to private.

This means that there's always a fan at least stalking M when he's uploading a video. :teehee:

Or that he is very very slow in changing the settings. :naughty:

To be honest, this is only very loosely true. How it goes is that you select the file to upload and then while you wait for it to upload, you change the settings to private if that is what you want. Default is public.

The files take a good while to upload, so even with a super high speed connection one would have around 10 mins during which they can change the vid to private (it literally takes two clicks) so it's really not hard at all. They'd have to be extreeeeeeemely slow if this was the case :naughty:.

Umm... this could be important.

"PerezHilton @MikaSounds Very excited about our new plan! We gotta make it happen!!!!! xoxo"

Yeah, I want to know!!!!!!!!!! Let it be in NYC!!

Don't have the time to read the latest posts here...I bet you have already noticed the new videos on mikasounds.

I have one problem...I cannot understand what on earth he is saying in French there...:blush-anim-cl:

Last week, having spent my whole week in Paris I kinda seemed to train my French understanding abilities and at the concert everything was so clear, but now I have completely lost my abilities.

Could someone please give me a hand?:wub2::aah:

Thank you so much! :flowers2:

A bientot,

Bianca

xx

P.S. I look like a fool with my eternal french signature and making statements that I don't understand what he says, but he talks waaay too fast for me.:blink:

To be honest, this is only very loosely true. How it goes is that you select the file to upload and then while you wait for it to upload, you change the settings to private if that is what you want. Default is public.

The files take a good while to upload, so even with a super high speed connection one would have around 10 mins during which they can change the vid to private (it literally takes two clicks) so it's really not hard at all. They'd have to be extreeeeeeemely slow if this was the case :naughty:.

That's what I'm hoping:naughty:

I have this feeling that as long as there isn't anythig announced about Toronto yet, this might just be it. Just my educated opinion!:teehee:

That's what I'm hoping:naughty:

Yes, and me, but..........Unfortunately for us, and fortunately for the Torontians -->

I have this feeling that as long as there isn't anythig announced about Toronto yet, this might just be it. Just my educated opinion!:teehee:

I also think that TO may be it. Our TO MFC'ers will have to really rest before the weekend, hahah!! So that they can make the gig in TO (if that is the case) and then to NYC straight away :naughty:

So okay, he he decides to leave there, feel free to blame me, if it will make everyone feel better!

Well I wouldn't blame you of course, I'm just speaking of fans on Twitter generally. I don't know what you've said to him and knowing you I'm sure it wasn't harsh. But I've seen some of the stupid things people have tweeted him and the incessant moaning and it can't be much fun for him. I just really don't understand what anyone is trying to accomplish with that except to annoy him.

I don't know but since I'm going to be within several blocks of Mika and Perez all weekend I'm getting pretty excited. :biggrin2: