2009 - MIKA@Passionkirche, Berlin! Gig reports, photos & vids!! June 1

happikali

You know, Kata, I don't really think the whole standing vs sitting discussion will lead anywhere, just because in the end it will be what it will be. After Berlin I'm really having difficulty to believe that people in other venues will just stay in their seats all the time. You will probably sit in the beginning, stand in the end, and get from one to another at whichever point during the show it will get from extended acoustic to well-tried.

I know it will be what it will be :blink: Hope Mrs. P. will join us at the front so I won't be the only one standing by the end of the first song :naughty::mf_rosetinted:

There was definitely not enough security for the second part of the show. I mean it didn't get out of hand the way it could have been. But I don't want to imagine that scenario either. What if people had decided that the 'stage' would be the nicest place indeed?

Thinking about it, I really wonder how much of it was planned. Again that change was a very abrupt one, it was really a matter of extremes. :dunno:

I'm tempted to say that as long as Mika is not really 100% comfortable with acoustic as in acoustic, he should just stick with what lies within his comfort zone and maybe get back to the idea later. He's got plenty of time. I'll be waiting, though. :biggrin2:

i agree 100%, getting the crowd excited as if it was a normal gig could have turned into a real danger, for him and for the crowd, as sara's experience shows.

what happened in amsterdam? same?

he requires the audience to interact and to be responding to his rhythm...but this is not acoustic and does not suits small theatres and churches, or places made for classical concerts.

You are both totally right. He does seem to either not like a fully acoustic gig, or not feel comfortable with it, so I think that it would be best that he just dropped the idea (as much as I personally LOVE it) and do normal shows where he does his thing, people jump, etc, etc.

Like Violet says, maybe in a few years he will find that an option for him, but at this moment in time he doesn't seem to be too keen on it and a gig at a venue like this church is not the ideal place to do a 'normal' gig unless they organise security properly (which was not the case here).

On a positive note, and before I write that darn review (if I don't end up not having anything left to say because I have already commented on it all :roftl:) I found Lady Jane and Over My Shoulder totally and utterly mindblowing.

And I mean it. I was sitting there, grinning like a fool, soaking it in and thinking 'WOW, WOW, WOW!!'.

I had heard OMS before (Somerset House in jul 07) but this was so much better for some reason....it just felt better. And Lady Jane :wub2:. Quadruple wow, it was simply magical.

Anyway I will try to stay away now and write that darn thing up, LOL.

You are both totally right. He does seem to either not like a fully acoustic gig, or not feel comfortable with it, so I think that it would be best that he just dropped the idea (as much as I personally LOVE it) and do normal shows where he does his thing, people jump, etc, etc.

Like Violet says, maybe in a few years he will find that an option for him, but at this moment in time he doesn't seem to be too keen on it and a gig at a venue like this church is not the ideal place to do a 'normal' gig unless they organise security properly (which was not the case here).

On a positive note, and before I write that darn review (if I don't end up not having anything left to say because I have already commented on it all :roftl:) I found Lady Jane and Over My Shoulder totally and utterly mindblowing.

And I mean it. I was sitting there, grinning like a fool, soaking it in and thinking 'WOW, WOW, WOW!!'.

I had heard OMS before (Somerset House in jul 07) but this was so much better for some reason....it just felt better. And Lady Jane :wub2:. Quadruple wow, it was simply magical.

Anyway I will try to stay away now and write that darn thing up, LOL.

i had to quote you, i was SO happy and felt SO comfortable when he sang LJ and OMS, the perfect vibe.

Thanks girls :wub2:

Violet is right. She was sitting next to me when the man came back to threaten me and she saw what he looked like, and how he spoke. She knows why she's saying this.

Seriously Rose, I am not one to hold back as anyone who knows me a bit can vouch for. If people jump the queue in the tube, I confront them. Same at the train station. Same at gigs, I am always telling people to back off when they are trying to push through and queue jump, or hurting someone, etc, etc...

I have confronted many people in my life because they were treating someone else or myself badly, but sometimes you just KNOW that it's not safe to do so.

I wish that you had seen this guy. He was properly dodgy. And I mean VERY dodgy. He was one of 'those types' that are capable of anything, and also quite a strongly built guy.

It would have been utterly stupid of me to do anything differently about the situation, and that also makes me very angry. The fact that I know that he got away with something so horrible just because I was not protected is sheit but reality is what it is. Hence why Mika's people need to think their strategy for security and organisation at gigs, because this guy was criminal material.

Heck, what he did was a criminal offence - It was very clear that he was saying that harm would come to me if we had a similar situation again.

I see!

You should draw his attention to this. While he has security to protect him, we do not, so if paps are going to start pushing fans around, someone needs to do something.

What really annoys me about this, is the paps attitude "you can't touch me I'm doing my job". But they seem to think they can push EVERYONE around to get what they want.

I get sick of seeing it, it's time to make a stand!

I actually decided to quit moaning, why am I still doing it? :blink:

Did I mention that I had the most fabulous time and that I loved hanging out with all the MFCers in the queue? :biggrin2:

Did I mention that I had the most fabulous time and that I loved hanging out with all the MFCers in the queue? :biggrin2:

my fault!:naughty:

bye peeps....sara is taking too long, and i need to look after my home gig!:roftl:

Ah yes, the no more moaning resolution. I remember it well :wub2:

Same here about fabulous and such... :wub2:

It would be odd to not see you moan anymore at all, though. :blink:

I see!

You should draw his attention to this. While he has security to protect him, we do not, so if paps are going to start pushing fans around, someone needs to do something.

What really annoys me about this, is the paps attitude "you can't touch me I'm doing my job". But they seem to think they can push EVERYONE around to get what they want.

I get sick of seeing it, it's time to make a stand!

You're right, he has protection and we don't, and I really felt that reality on the night. The only reason that I didn't raise it there and then was that I was sure about the fact that I'd be putting myself in potential danger.

What worried me was not that he pushed, but that he very clearly and openly verbally threatened me. That was the big problem :shocked:.

Ah yes, the no more moaning resolution. I remember it well :wub2:

Same here about fabulous and such... :wub2:

It would be odd to not see you moan anymore at all, though. :blink:

Think I might have to stop it gradually, can't just quit it all at once :roftl:

I tend to moan when I'm tired mostly, still a bit behind with sleep :freak:

[quote

Another guy (pap) was next to me and pushed me into the bench a few times so I told him off and pushed back.

When the gig ended he came over to speak to me and told me in no uncertain terms that this would be the last time that I pushed him, that I had had a lucky escape and that next time I wouldn't be so lucky. He looked very dodgy, typical unsavoury character, so when he said this I asked him outright: 'oh, are you threatening me?' to which he replied (while looking me right in the eye putting his face very close to mine and getting generally very close, and gesturising too) : 'yes. Watch out because next time you won't be so lucky.'

This sort of thing should never be allowed to happen, and it wouldnt' have happened if security had done their job and stopped these freaks from being there abusing us in the first place.

What this man did is a very serious thing, which unfortunately I could not report on the night because, quite frankly, after seeing how these security guys react to issues, I just knew that they would do nothing and all that I would get was the guy angrier on my case and what not.

It really left me shaken, very shaken.

After the gig, this guy was one of a group of 3-4 paps following Mika whilst he spoke to the fans and constantly snapping him. He was not a proper photographer, he was a pap. And obviously, a very dodgy character.

Well, as you well know, I am short, a woman, and blonde into the bargain, so needless to say I have often been the target of male bullying in the streets, the underground, etc.

I have found that they hate scenes and scandal with a passion and I generally start telling them very loudly -borderline shouting- what I think of them and their behaviour, addressing people round me and so far I have always succeeded in making them run for shelter.

Maybe one day I am going to be punched on the nose, but once again all bullies are basically big cowards and frightened when they 'victim' fights back.

The only real danger is when you are confronted to somebody who is clinically mad, then it is wiser to give up but your average bully is easily dealt with.

I can't wait for the guy to turn up in SW and you and Babs and I and a couple of other girls to give him all our attention :devil: !

Did any of you take a photo of the goon ? You can easily lodge a complaint...

Till then, and let's hope he doesn't chicken out and disappoint our expectations...

Marie-Thérèse

Think I might have to stop it gradually, can't just quit it all at once :roftl:

I tend to moan when I'm tired mostly, still a bit behind with sleep :freak:

I'm FAR behind with sleep *sigh* And then, this morning some twat (aged 84!) damaged my car (which was standing perfectly centered in its space in the parking lot) and then tried to escape. I had to literally jump in front of him to keep him there until the police arrived. Seems like you have to pay for everything in life. Even a fantastic weekend. :sneaky2:

I'm FAR behind with sleep *sigh* And then, this morning some twat (aged 84!) damaged my car (which was standing perfectly centered in its space in the parking lot) and then tried to escape. I had to literally jump in front of him to keep him there until the police arrived. Seems like you have to pay for everything in life. Even a fantastic weekend. :sneaky2:

:huglove:

Argh :aah: Guess he should stick with driving a rollator :blink:

You just need another fantastic weekend soon to make up for it :mf_rosetinted:

:huglove:

Thanks. On a normal day I would be really pissed off by this. But as I'm on a post gig and post everything high, I guess I will be well-adjusted for a while again. :cheerful_h4h: Not sure though, how long it will last, so we better get that proper tour soon. Our soon. :sneaky2:

Thanks. On a normal day I would be really pissed off by this. But as I'm on a post gig and post everything high, I guess I will be well-adjusted for a while again. :cheerful_h4h: Not sure though, how long it will last, so we better get that proper tour soon. Our soon. :sneaky2:

As opposed to Mika's and Sariflor soon?:naughty:

This is not meant as a threath or a demand, but more as a bit of helpful advice :fisch: Maybe you should bring a giant lollipop to London:teehee: I think we're gonna be seated next to eachother and I can simply not help laughing hysterically whenever he sings that song, so you might wanna either knock me unconcious or try to somehow keep me occupied until it's over :naughty:

Well I am thinking something similar about Lady Jane. I have tried to like it and I just can't. When he sings it live, does it sound different? Because if not, I am not sure how I will sit through it.

It's happened to me too. I recently told some clients I would have the work done "at the top of the week":mf_rosetinted:

And they said 'oh, that's okay', because they didn't want to be taken for complete idiots, having no idea what it is supposed to mean? :mf_rosetinted:

Was meant to but work screw up :furious: so I am hoping to attend some summer gigs. Not so good as the acoustic ones, more likely stadiums or festivals, still the only alternative would have been to resign and I love and need my job :emot-sad: ...

Cheers,

Id3

Summer gigs? You really do know something we don't . :wink2:

Well, only speaking for myself of course, I had the very strong feeling that the way things turned out after 'Over my Shoulder' were exactly what made Mika the happiest. :roftl: It may not apply to all of the audience, and I don't except myself from that, but he certainly enjoyed it. More than the silence in the beginning. It must have freaked him out. It freaked me out, even though I found it nice. :roftl:

From my point of view he absolutely encouraged people to jump up and dance!

And nobody, definitely not the security guys was prepared to deal with it!

Anything could have happened, that scares me!:sneaky2:

problem is: he decided for this sort of gigs, he wrote songs for sorrow....then he needs to make up his mind on what to expect from us! :roftl:

Would be a very good thing!:thumb_yello: