2009 - MIKA@Passionkirche, Berlin! Gig reports, photos & vids!! June 1

happikali

....Mika came out, dressed in his Mozart-like outfit (his hair, the jacket, it all looked very Mozartesque for some reason :roftl:), and he went straight to the piano.

hahahhaha omy xDDDDDD a friend of mine from the german mfc just told me that she heard me saying "abso****inglutley amazing"...haha she is right xD omg xDDDDDDDDD it's at 1:41 :roftl::roftl::roftl: I can't believe xD

Thanks so much Sara!

I'm amazed by the Over my shoulder video. I think it's the first time I've seen a video were the only sound comes from the stage.The audience was completely silent!:shocked:Incredible atmosphere.

Thank you so much for your excellent reports, Sara! I am so sorry you couldn't see after all those people came there.

I wasn't sure if I could film or not. I heard someone saying "no filming", but there was a security guy who said only "no flash", and he could see me filming and didn't say anything :shocked: I took only a couple of songs, but I have Lady Jane vid too. I wasn't sure if I should upload it or not (because it is a new song). Would you like to see it? I really hope I wasn't disturbing anyone because I filmed! I tried to keep my camera low.

And yes, it was a fabulous gig, he sounded better than ever and John was really sweet and helpful :wub2:

Once he got going though, it was absolutely amazing and powerful. His voice is just unbelievable, and what I love most about this song is that it showcases his voice in all its glory.

He sounds WAY better than in the recorded version, way better. He has this incredible way of suddenly upping the tempo, and the volume, and then going quieter again....It was heavenly. His friend Alexander was a fantastic addition, but if I am honest, perhaps the backing voice was a tad too strong at times and it detracted from Mika's own a couple of times. But hey, I'm just being picky (as Mika himself says :roftl:). Truth is, it was ubelievable, incredible, fantastic, and I was just sitting there smiling like a fool, too much in awe to do anything.

I would have loved to record that one, but as security had actually told US that we were not to film and I could see the eagle eye of a couple of them on me (not sure why, I must have just looked naturally eager because I hadn't even tried anything yet), I decided not to risk it and just enjoy it instead. I didn't want to cause any commotion during that song, which was likely if the security guy came to tell me off, etc, it would just ruin the atmosphere. The same magic atmosphere was there when Mika sung Over My Shoulder.

It was just unbelievable, totally unbelievable. His voice on those songs is SO good, that you forget anything else around you. I was literally in heaven. And I am an atheist .

it!

For an atheist you do use religious vocabulary :wink2:

But it is not surprising.

Not wonder music has had such a huge importance in religion, either as a means to celebrate the glory of God or as a taboo in stricter churches or cults because it was deemed blasphemous to approach heaven through playing or singing it.

When Jodi Marr heard Mica sing for the first time she felt that he had been -I am not sure about the quote 'touched by the gods'. She may be an atheist too. I am an agnostic but heavenly is a word that comes to my mind when listening to beautiful music.

Ah, that silly grin on our face, when our cheekbones go up of their own accord and stay there until the music ends :blush-anim-cl: !

Marie-Thérèse

Thank you for your great report Sara!:wub2:

And Violet_sky...go go go to Paris!

I'm sure you won't regret it, take all the chances you can have to see him again!:thumb_yello:

I know I would!:teehee:

Still catching up to things..:biggrin2:Really LOVING it so far.

Btw, I have a question... How do you get the set list? I see many people had one, so they handed them out? You bought them with the EP?...

I'm not really experienced in these things:blush-anim-cl:

Btw, I have a question... How do you get the set list? I see many people had one, so they handed them out? You bought them with the EP?...

took it from the stage? :fisch:

While we were sitting there at the hotel having breakfast, Sienna managed somehow to walk into the reception past us, check in, go to the room, come back down and head to the venue. I only found out that this was the case when Kata called me saying that Sienna was there and where the feck were we hahahaha!

That was just hilarious.

that part made me literally lol:roftl: not only fast,she also gets invisible!

Sienna,you're amazing woman!:thumb_yello: (and your wiz hat story made me laugh as well:teehee:)

İ love your report(s) sara,thanks. felt like i was there:wub2:

You take them or they get given out .... I've seen Franz about 15 times and only on the last gig did I manage to grab a setlist :boing:

Normally people are clamouring for them :aah:

You take them or they get given out .... I've seen Franz about 15 times and only on the last gig did I manage to grab a setlist :boing:

Normally people are clamouring for them :aah:

Uh Oh... I doubt that I'll be able to get my hands on one then...I'm not really good at those things, I just stand there and watch :blush-anim-cl:

that part made me literally lol:roftl: not only fast,she also gets invisible!

Sienna,you're amazing woman!:thumb_yello: (and your wiz hat story made me laugh as well:teehee:)

It's quite a mystery isn't it?:biggrin2:

And keep in mind I was not the only one who was invisible, I did look for them but I really thought they were on their way to the church already…

Let’s just say I was in a hurry!:fisch:

Loved your report, Sara. Thanks, it just felt like I was there myself!:wub2: Also enjoyed the M&G video... And more reports that I can't remember right now... Am absorbing it all, still:naughty:

Can't wait for monday. I know I've been saying this for the past couple weeks?:roftl:

At the end of the gig, walk up to the stage and ask one to one of the guys who starts cleaning the stage! I got 2 when I asked a guy, and gave one away:wink2:

At the end of the gig, walk up to the stage and ask one to one of the guys who starts cleaning the stage! I got 2 when I asked a guy, and gave one away:wink2:

Thanks Linde!:biggrin2: Will try and do that. Won't have any EP to sign yet, and I dunno if I should ask him to sign the DVD or the CD or the singles or my last year's tour t-shirt... So:roftl:

Oh God. Spare tickets for Paris, anybody?

:naughty: oh man i wish i could go too! fanny said she had spares, maybe she still has them?

sara, thanx for your report, loved reading it!

big girlie, nice new avatar... :naughty:

btw, i forgot to sign the flag - gotta make up for that in milan!

Edited by mellody

:naughty: oh man i wish i could go too! fanny said she had spares, maybe she still has them?

sara, thanx for your report, loved reading it!

big girlie, nice new avatar... :naughty:

btw, i forgot to sign the flag - gotta make up for that in milan!

Thanks, I will ask her. Damn, I really really want to go. :aah: