Mika@Amsterdam June 2 2009 Gig reports, photos & vids

Queenie

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm back home, thanks to Mana and Ruth for waiting with me (after the gig) for my boyfriend who couldn't get to the concertgebouw because some roads were blocked. He finally got there and I am home.

My hands are very sore, I think I took the clapping song too litteraly because my hands are all bruised and purple now :blush-anim-cl:.

The venue was awesome, Shady and I were at row 4 and we were about 4 meters away from the stage. Right in front of Mika. So the view was great! At first Shady thought Mika would be sitting backwards, so she said to me: "Oh no, we will be staring at his but all evening!" And I was like: "and the problem is.....?" :biggrin2:

His voice was awesome, the bassplayer is great (and cute!) and the whole band was great. It was an amazing experience to be so close to the stage and see every drop of sweat, the interaction between them etc.

Still I felt kind of frustrated the first songs since everyone stayed in their chairs at first. And I cannot sit down during a Mika gig! Of course I did, since I didn't want to block the view for the people behind me. But it was really difficult. Maybe I am not so much an acoustic gig kind of person :bleh:.

I loved the energy in Westerpark more. Do I do think it was amazing.

And I have his autograph. Finally :biggrin2:.

I'm back home, thanks to Mana and Ruth for waiting with me (after the gig) for my boyfriend who couldn't get to the concertgebouw because some roads were blocked. He finally got there and I am home.

My hands are very sore, I think I took the clapping song too litteraly because my hands are all bruised and purple now :blush-anim-cl:.

The venue was awesome, Shady and I were at row 4 and we were about 4 meters away from the stage. Right in front of Mika. So the view was great! At first Shady thought Mika would be sitting backwards, so she said to me: "Oh no, we will be staring at his but all evening!" And I was like: "and the problem is.....?" :biggrin2:

His voice was awesome, the bassplayer is great (and cute!) and the whole band was great. It was an amazing experience to be so close to the stage and see every drop of sweat, the interaction between them etc.

Still I felt kind of frustrated the first songs since everyone stayed in their chairs at first. And I cannot sit down during a Mika gig! Of course I did, since I didn't want to block the view for the people behind me. But it was really difficult. Maybe I am not so much an acoustic gig kind of person :bleh:.

Awesome:thumb_yello:...one needs alot of stamina for mika shows. and not to wear heels. like i did:aah:

Oh and I stood right behind Mana when she gave Mika the yearbook! That was a wonderfull experience. He said: " I heard some rumours!" He flipped through the book for quite a while and hugged Mana. He asked how many hours we had spend making the book etc. He said: " It is even bigger then last years!" Or something like that. And he asked who had made the cover. But Bienie has filmed it so I am sure you will be able to see it soon :wink2:.

Oh and I stood right behind Mana when she gave Mika the yearbook! That was a wonderfull experience. He said: " I heard some rumours!" He flipped through the book for quite a while and hugged Mana. He asked how many hours we had spend making the book etc. " It is even bigger then last years!" Or something like that, he said. And he asked who had made the cover. But Bienie has filmed it so I am sure you will be able to see it soon :wink2:.

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww:blush-anim-cl:

Oh and I stood right behind Mana when she gave Mika the yearbook! That was a wonderfull experience. He said: " I heard some rumours!" He flipped through the book for quite a while and hugged Mana. He asked how many hours we had spend making the book etc. He said: " It is even bigger then last years!" Or something like that. And he asked who had made the cover. But Bienie has filmed it so I am sure you will be able to see it soon :wink2:.

Ooh how exciting! :boing:

:bye: monie!!! thanks for the report! i'm glad you enjoyed it! did you finally get to stand up and dance?

:shocked:

YES! Someone filmed it! :lol3:

Thanks!

:bye: monie!!! thanks for the report! i'm glad you enjoyed it! did you finally get to stand up and dance?

Yes!!! Thank heavens!!! :roftl:

Zonnetje, what a beautifull pictures you have made! My camera broke down yesterday! Aaaah! I am glad that there are such beautiful pictures made. And there are many more to come, Miek and Alexander (and a lot of other people) made loooooots of pics :naughty:.

so twinkly right?????:naughty:

I miss him :(

Yes, twinkly and....I don't know, they are just very beautiful.

Ingie said to Andy that Rose had made him a birthday thread. He was like: "she did WHAT?" That was a funny moment :naughty:.

Andy was very present this evening :thumb_yello:.

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww:blush-anim-cl:

He said he would read the whole book, and Mana said something about that she was going to Brussels too and someone said (I'm not sure if it was Mana) that we would test him there, if he had read the book :roftl:.

And he signed the flag, and took a pic with us and the flag, and I was standing right behind him and then he went with his vingers through his hair so he got the big hair which means that I am invisible on the pic :biggrin2:. I couldn't help myself from saying quite loud: "Oh no!" When he did that :roftl:.

He was very patient and friendly.

Peeps, it is almost 2 am here and tomorrowmorning I have to give Pilatesclasses so I have to get some sleep. I am sure there will be many more reports to come :thumb_yello:.