Mika@Amsterdam June 2 2009 Gig reports, photos & vids

Queenie

Yes, twinkly and....I don't know, they are just very beautiful.

Ingie said to Andy that Rose had made him a birthday thread. He was like: "she did WHAT?" That was a funny moment :naughty:.

Andy was very present this evening :thumb_yello:.

Was he very shocked?

If Mellody hadn't mentioned it in her report, I wouldn't have known, but he deserves it, he works very hard.

Oh boy, am I going to get stick on Monday!:roftl:

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He said he would read the whole book, and Mana said something about that she was going to Brussels too and someone said (I'm not sure if it was Mana) that we would test him there, if he had read the book :roftl:.

:roftl:

That will be interesting to hear about :lol3:

wow I was just thinking about when M got the 07' yearbook and he couldn't speak:roftl: thank god he could talk this time!

This time he could talk very well :bleh:. But he was sincerely interested in the book, said Wow etc. when he saw the artwork. He seamed really happy with it.

I made attempts to take pics and made some videos, but my camera sucks. Tomorrow I'll check if there's any decent ones I can post. ^^

Meet up before the gig was a lot of fun. Great to see everyone again + meeting some MFC'ers I'd never met before. ^^

The gig was awesome. I was at the first row of the balcony, so I had a great view of all the people down there. :naughty:

I really liked the new guitarist. Still don't know his name though.

Bought the EP, it looks amazing. :wub2:

Then, after the gig, we were moved around a couple of times - they seemed indecisive as to where we'd probably do the least damage to Mika. :naughty:

Then everyone came out and signed stuff. I can never get over how awesome it is that they actually take the time to do that! :wub2:

Mika got the yearbook, signed the flag and took a group pic with us (which will hopefully have a small part of my forehead in it :mf_rosetinted:).

I should probably go to bed now, since I've got a test tomorrow morning at 9. :aah:

This time he could talk very well :bleh:. But he was sincerely interested in the book, said Wow etc. when he saw the artwork. He seamed really happy with it.

:wub2:awww

It sucks not to have been there! but, eh...he'll be in chicago soon enough:mf_lustslow:

Was he very shocked?

If Mellody hadn't mentioned it in her report, I wouldn't have known, but he deserves it, he works very hard.

Oh boy, am I going to get stick on Monday!:roftl:

Oh yes, dear, you are :naughty:. Shady said to him that she had a message from you and that he would see you Monday. He smiled, not sure if he said something back, Shady will tell you :wink2:. This was the first time I have seen Andy, he is really nice indeed.

:bye: now I am really off to bed!

Oh yes, dear, you are :naughty:. Shady said to him that she had a message from you and that he would see you Monday. He smiled, not sure if he said something back, Shady will tell you :wink2:. This was the first time I have seen Andy, he is really nice indeed.

:bye: now I am really off to bed!

Night and sweet dreams to you:wink2:

Put some ice packs on your hands, cool them off:wink2:

Just got home 5 minutes ago!

(I'm sorry for my bad english, but I'll give it a try!)

In 1 word: A-MA-ZING!

It was the best gig ever! Even better than Westerpark and HMH!

The venue was very small, with really nice decorations and stuff on the wall and balcony. Also the stage was really tiny. Mika couldn't really move a lot. But he tried with some up tempo songs.

With Lollipop he jumped ON the piano and hits his drums, (i think it were the same ones as in Love Today last year) That was really awesome.

At the beginning he just did some cute quiet songs like lady jane, but with Big Girl everybody stand up, and after that song no one didn't sit again. And the whole crowd just sang and danced along. He totally rocked the whole venue!

If I have to make my choise (I think I probaly can't, but I'll give it a try), Happy Ending was the best song off the evening. The acoustic version was, I don't know how to say it... Like, OUT OFF THIS WORLD! HEAVEN! AWESOME! I really had the tears in my eyes. :blush-anim-cl: It seriously was the most beautifull thing I've ever seen in my life!

Also Over My Schoulder gave me goosebumps. Actually every song! But some were just so absolutely perfect. Blame it on the girls, also was extremly brilliant. What a hell of a song is that! Woaah! Every song was brilliant, the old ones, but especially the new ones.

Ofcourse we all heard the acoustic version of Rain last year. He also did it this time, but it was different. During the song, you heard little drums and stuff. It worked like some sort of climax. It begun really tiny and sweet and quiet, but during the song it went bigger and bigger. (I don't really know how to explain it, but it was even better than just the piano)

Also a really funny thing happened at the beginning of toyboy. He bought some kind off strange instrument, which sounded really cute and disney-like. But something went wrong, I think it was broken or something.

So Meeks played it, totally clumsy, and he was like: "uuh, well. It's not reeaaaally working. Well, I think this is a good moment to say how amazing it is to play over here" Or something like that. And after 1 minute or something the stupid thing still wasn't working. And then we was like: "WOOAAH! FORGET IT! I'M GOING TO DO IT ON THE ****ING PIANO! :roftl:""

And than he sang Toy Boy on the piano, also very nice ofcourse.

Back home before the gig I had a little fight with my parents. I was like, oooh. Mom, dad! I HAVE to wait outsite the venue to meet Mika. But they didn't want to wait for me. So I was upset and angry, haha. :aah:

But than after the gig I text my dad: I think it's going to take 20 minutes or something when the gig finished) But it allready had, so that was the perfect oppretunity so ran outsite behind the venue to wait for Mika. :teehee:

So I was running like a mad one, and I ran into my parents, oops! I was like: PLEASE! PLEASE! I WANT TO SEE HIM SO BAD! And they were like: well.. allright than. So I was extremly happy! Yay!

So we waited for Meeks to come. After one hour of waiting the god himself came out the building. To say it really dramatic: My heart stopped, and I couldn't breath, haha. It was sooo great to see him in real life!

I stand there like: Oh my god, what do I have to say, what do I have to say? :shocked: And then he came my way, almost there. I was in total panic. :roftl: And then he looked at me. I was like: "Hi! I loved your gig!" Hahaha, how standart and cliché could someone be! I thought like: BARBARA! WHY DO YOU SAY THIS? But I couldnt help it! I was in total shock! :roftl:

But he said very sweet: Awh, thank you! And then he looked me in my eyes and smiled. Then I asked him to sign my dvd. And he was so sweet and nice! He said something like: ofcourse! And he just kept on smiling!

Than he walked trough the other people in the line. And the girl behind me asked him to sign her shirt. So he did. And I was like: Oooh, I also want that! So I said: Mika mika mika! Could you pleeaase sign my shirt also? And again he did it! (I'm never going to wash that shirt again)

He's so sweet and nice for his fans! I love him!

I had the best, greatest, beautifull, awesome, amazing, I don't know that futher, night of my entire life!

Omg, I think I'm in love. *feels like teenage groupie*

Night and sweet dreams to you:wink2:

Put some ice packs on your hands, cool them off:wink2:

I might do that actually, they look a bit scary. Bienie said after seeing them: "How did this happen, this cannot be healthy!" It is really just from clapping the whole gig quite hard. I mean come one, if you are not allowed to stand up and dance you have to do something! :bleh: Remind me to wear gloves next acoustic gig, padded gloves :roftl:.

Now I am really gone :naughty:.

Well, the bassplayer (Dan) is very cute and there's the funny chubby Asian guy, he's, well, funny! Cherise was awesome as always!

Cherise could make a show on her own :biggrin2:

And that Asian guy was great, yes :biggrin2: first just clapping and moving but then suddenly he was also able to do something else.. and he did it very good :biggrin2:

dan was sweet,he speak with some fans after the show,he sign his first autograph ;)

the friend of mika sign autograph too as LAM(:blink:)

His name is Alexander:thumb_yello:

I tell you that's Billy Brown!!!! :wink2:

Aww! Thanks Mika_Addiction!! :biggrin2:

Sooo glad you were able to stay and meet him!! :groovy:

It's so hard to think of somoething to say when he's standing so close huh? :shocked::aah:

Well done! :thumb_yello:

Haha, yeah! It is!

It's so weard! Actually I always know what to say, and I'm never very shy or something like that. But now I was like: :shocked: . . .

Haha

14050791.jpg

14050790.jpg

14050443.jpg

lol those are typical examples of press agency pictures.. after the first song he threw off his pink jacket so all these pictures were taken at the first song and then the photographer left i guess.. :wink2:

lol those are typical examples of press agency pictures.. after the first song he threw off his pink jacket so all these pictures were taken at the first song and then the photographer left i guess.. :wink2:

Well, when you have spent the last 2 years getting the early press shots on here....we know that....

BUT! we still like to see what he started in, because he always ends up looking the same by the end...White T shirt, White shirt whatever. So the jacket is actually important.:aah:

I hope you will share some other pics with us!! I have to sign off for the day again. My job is done....oh, and I realise these are not the first pics, but we were requested not to post the other MUCH better pics posted earlier in the thread by the owner. So, my hands are tied.:mf_rosetinted: