Mika@Amsterdam June 2 2009 Gig reports, photos & vids

Queenie

Thanks to Mana for the photo:

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a255/shooting_star32/Toilets.jpg

My hotel had the one on the right. We've never had them like that in the UK. I wondered if I was supposed to sit t'other way round....

Or whether it was to inspect before flushing.......

:roftl:

I always thought it was the last one. :roftl:

Oh, and I just realized that I said the one on the right is probably older, but that's not true, cause when I moved into my room they put a new toiletbowl in, and it's one like that. I don't know why there are two different kinds in Holland.

Are we actually discussing toiletbowls now? :roftl:

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My hotel had the one on the right. We've never had them like that in the UK. I wondered if I was supposed to sit t'other way round....

The right one seems normal to me:naughty:

Come on Ruth! We're dying for the toilet story now:roftl:

You've got it - read up a post...^^^^^^^^^

It's not that good anyway but a picture tells a thousand words.

I always thought it was the last one. :roftl:

Are we actually discussing toiletbowls now? :roftl:

I think we're a bit squeamish about looking. at. it. in the U.K.

I think we're a bit squeamish about looking. at. it. in the U.K.

Lol, apparently we aren't... :naughty:

But I do prefer the toilet on the right. :naughty:

nice chat here, ladies?

:lmfao:

Definitely. :roftl:

I love that! Here, they've even passed a law banning people from tying a dog to a tree or such outside shops. So you can't take your dog for a walk if you want to go to a nearby store to get a coffee or whatever, unless you have a second person willing to wait outside with the dog. :bleh:

It is! Here, I only ever encounter cucumber in salads. I found in Europe, continental Europe especially, that it's served with breakfast. And also in sandwiches! Here, you'd never see a deli serve a cheese and cucumber sandwich. That would be odd. (Soo good though, thank you Europe!)

There are people in England who's life entirely consists of wandering round with their dog, occasionally popping in to places- often cos they haven't got a second person about the place. You could almost say it's one of the traditional lifestyles that should be defended under European law

Now I draw the line at cucumber for breakfast. The French weren't silly enough to try that on ME.

I believe England is famous for cucumber sandwiches (without any other filling). But I've never had one. And some people, including me, eat them like apples.

Edited by Soaring Simpson

That is not the toilet from the Concertgebouw, is it?

When we arrived in Amsterdam I had to go really very urgent. So I wanted to go to the toilet in the very very expensive parking opposite to the Concertgebouw and....I should have to pay for it....a lot! :sneaky2:

I didn't want to do that so we went to the Concertgebouw, asked a nice lady if I could use the toilet, telling her we were going to see Mika later that night. It was no problem, I was free to use it without having to pay anything. Didn't even have to show my ticket! And the toilet was very chique!

nice chat here, ladies?

Uplifting, isn't it? :roftl:

That is not the toilet from the Concertgebouw, is it?

When we arrived in Amsterdam I had to go really very urgent. So I wanted to go to the toilet in the very very expensive parking opposite to the Concertgebouw and....I should have to pay for it....a lot! :sneaky2:

I didn't want to do that so we went to the Concertgebouw, asked a nice lady if I could use the toilet, telling her we were going to see Mika later that night. It was no problem, I was free to use it without having to pay anything. Didn't even have to show my ticket! And the toilet was very chique!

No, not the Concertgebouw.

It's crazy, but now I'm kicking myself because I didn't see theirs!!!!!

I bet it was as lovely as the rest of the venue.

Mana, als je graag Nederlands hoort of leest dan is dit een goede oefening. Wij vonden je ook leuk hoor:naughty::wub2:

Ha.

This translated on Babel Fish to:

if gladly Dutch or reads then is this a good exercise hears you. We found you also nicely hear

D'you know, I don't think I will ever tire of typing 'Concertgebouw'?

It's a lovely word.

It was a lovely venue, too!

Ha.

if gladly Dutch or reads then is this a good exercise hears you. We found you also nicely hear

So this is how english-talking people feel if they read our (sometimes) crappy english!:naughty:

D'you know, I don't think I will ever tire of typing 'Concertgebouw'?

It's a lovely word.

I guess words from different languages can have that effect. (At least, there are no Dutch words that I really love. But I do love the English word 'wobble'. :roftl:)

Ha.

The correct translation would be:

'If you love to hear or read Dutch, this will be a good exercise. Oh, and we like you too.'

I do have stacks of handwritten journals (dating back to age 7), but when I got my first computer the amount I wrote by hand decreased substantially. :blush-anim-cl:

I lost three years of written diaries when my computer crashed!:blink:

I know…back up:blush-anim-cl:…but…didn’t think of them as important at the time but I really miss them now!

Really :naughty:? As Nielo already said, we have them in both versions, in my opinion the ones without the "shelf" are a little plus chique. But at least you knew how to flush it, unlike me in the Travelodge in the UK where one had to turn this weird little handle :roftl:.

And lightswitches come in varieties too, in Holland.

I can understand your feelings about the word concertgebouw. I have the same with Westerpark :wub2:. Westerpark will always be Mika to me :wub2:.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there beautiful people,

Just like everybody else I watched all the youtube movies of this concert. I made a collection of it and thanks to bienie22, biekjuh, lindemfc, demiheid, sansjol and myself you will find all songs I collected in this file. It's not the best quality, just an impression of that concert.

Enjoy it! :thumb_yello:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Y7XWPW7J

http://rapidshare.com/files/261774136/Mika_-_Amsterdam_Concertgebouw_-_2009_june_2.zip

Please contact me if there are any problems.

Cheers.

Alexander Wijmans

Thank you Alexander, I am going to watch them ASAP. I haven't bumped into Miek for a while, is she OK (I probably just missed her)?

Hey, glad to hear someone missed me. I was in ireland the last three weeks, but I'm back now. :thumb_yello:

Hey, glad to hear someone missed me. I was in ireland the last three weeks, but I'm back now. :thumb_yello:

Of course, Ireland! I was afraid you had dissapeared like Wendi :wink2:. Did you have a good holiday (stupid question probably :bleh:)?

• 1 year later...