Mika admits: "I'm a sh*t pianist"

marlau_20zr

I agree completely!

Whoa, I haven't seen that video....surprised it didn't break! that's crazy... I know Mika loves to jump but I don't understand why he has to do it on a piano.... I think we should ask him :naughty:

Yeah in between of a "Come to Argentiiiinnaaaa" and a "Mika, marry me" tweet from other fans, one of us should ask him why jumping on the piano????:naughty:

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Erm, to give us a better view of his legs??? :teehee:

:roftl: good explanation.......but for me it still doesn't justify it :wink2:

Yeah in between of a "Come to Argentiiiinnaaaa" and a "Mika, marry me" tweet from other fans, one of us should ask him why jumping on the piano????:naughty:

hahaha yep....at least it'd stand out!

Well it worked for me :das:

I was more concerned though that he might do himself an injury falling off it, the same way I used to worry about him falling off the drumkit. Which of course he did, once! :aah::blink:

that's another way of looking at it...I've been so concerned about the piano that it never occurred to me that he might fall off it :naughty:

haha that was sooooooo funny :lmao:

Erm, to give us a better view of his legs??? :teehee:

that's another way of looking at it...I've been so concerned about the piano that it never occurred to me that he might fall off it :naughty:

haha that was sooooooo funny :lmao:

I worried the little girl might fall off, not Mika, didn't even consider he could fall...:teehee:

I think so too, and though i'm no expert on classical music, i think he's underrating himself again..

I just don't like it when he jumps on the piano...

Don't worry girls there is a protection on the top of the piano and it seems very good and confortable. I think he wants to break the idea that musiciens must stay too much "serious" and does not smile a lot to stay concentrated, studying music when you have a really good level is so difficult, a lot of time on your instrument... musical school must learn to their studiant to "have fun" before everything else when they play music, they can keep their imagination free it's so important to let goes emotions and have a better contact with people you interect with when you play... I was so happy to see the violonist take part of this beautiful show, and smiled a lot, it must have change the kind of show in which they are playing normally :roftl::thumb_yello::wub2:

edit: I actually look videos of some shows and I thought it had a protection on the piano sometimes the aspect on the top is different, but I don't see it on certain videos, so nevermind... So now I worry a little bit too for the piano, maybe in my mind I wanted to see a protection :D

Edited by Etoile2roses

:roftl:

I wonder what it could be about... :teehee: I can already see the next headline: Mika to move countryside for vegetables

:roftl::roftl:

seriously though i cant believe how some papers are stealing and twisting parts of the observer article:sneaky2:

he is not the better pianist on earth, but he makes the most beautiful songs I have ever heard :wub2: , some other artistes play piano better than him but they does not touch my heart as Mika does :)... he is just perfect in his own way and with his sensibility :thumb_yello:

I'm so happy M is a **** pianist...because he's developed his own music and has written fabby new songs! :wub2::wub2:

Totally agree with you girls :wink2:

Virginie, it reminds me the talk we had during this Paris gigs, I don't remember exactly when it was (on friday I think) and we talked about that, that it didn't matter if sometimes he makes wrong notes, because he gives us special feelings that we couldn't get with a "perfect" set :wub2:

I'm so happy M is a **** pianist...because he's developed his own music and has written fabby new songs!

He should definitely stop this self-bashing attitude.

BTW it's so difficult to be a good pianist or classical musician in general if you can't read music. Almost impossible I would say. :no:

I can play Bach, Beethoven, Debussy, etc... but I can't play and sing M's songs as he wonderfully does.

Totally agree with you girls

Virginie, it reminds me the talk we had during this Paris gigs, I don't remember exactly when it was (on friday I think) and we talked about that, that it didn't matter if sometimes he makes wrong notes, because he gives us special feelings that we couldn't get with a "perfect" set

totally agree with you!! :wub2:

That's our man :mf_rosetinted: A sexually confused sh#t pianist :wub2:

*waiting for the next random headline* :boing:

sexually confused **** pianists are my fave ones! :roftl:

Don't worry girls there is a protection on the top of the piano and it seems very good and confortable. I think he wants to break the idea that musiciens must stay too much "serious" and does not smile a lot to stay concentrated, studying music when you have a really good level is so difficult, a lot of time on your instrument... musical school must learn to their studiant to "have fun" before everything else when they play music, they can keep their imagination free it's so important to let goes emotions and have a better contact with people you interect with when you play...

Thanks for your input; I hadn't thought about it like that! That's a great explanation....and if that's why he does it, then his heart is in the right place :)

Still though, even if it has a cover, it's not scratching the piano that bothers me; it's the whole idea of jumping on an instrument.... :( I think musicians can show that they can have fun and connect with their audience without having to do something that IMO is disrespectful to such a beautiful creation.

That's just my opinion, but thanks for expressing yours too!!

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/a160069/mika-admits-im-a-sht-pianist.html

Monday, June 15 2009, 16:50 BST

By David Balls, Music Reporter

Mika has claimed that he could never make it as a classical artist because he is a "sh*t pianist".

The star, who released EP 'Songs For Sorrow' last week, was briefly enrolled at the prestigious Royal College of Music in London before deciding to focus on a pop career.

"I know I'm a sh*t pianist - one of the worst I've ever met who does my job - and a mediocre classical singer," he told The Observer.

"I tried to hide it from my peers at college but I knew what I wanted out of it. I have no delusions of grandeur. I know that I write pop songs, and I know that I am meant to be doing what I am doing because I realised it made me tick as a little boy."

The 25-year-old added that his mum recognised his musical potential when he was at an early age and sought private tuition to develop his piano and singing skills.

"From the age of about ten, my mum made me practise every day. She was extremely tough with me," he said.

"She realised that my oddness had some sort of purpose. She realised how I was very insular as a child. Socially extremely insular, but creatively, extremely loud.

"She realised that for me not to end completely f**ked up, she had to help me."

Mika releases the follow-up to debut album Life In Cartoon Motion in September.

sorry if it was already posted it.. :blush-anim-cl:

I think he's brilliant, but then I am hopeless on the piano.

:roftl::roftl:

seriously though i cant believe how some papers are stealing and twisting parts of the observer article:sneaky2:

I'm not!

I'm just surprised The Sun haven't jumped on it yet and used Katas headline!:naughty: