MIKA @ Le Poisson Rouge, NY - June 23 2009 - reports, photos and videos

guylainem123

It was great meeting everyone yesterday! seriously, you guys are the nicest group of fans---the 7 hour wait flew by thanks to all of you!

And the show was great, obviously! The only downside was that we were on the left near that piano thing, and the person right behind me kept pushing so hard every time mika came to that side. Unfortunately, I have bruises from when i got shoved into the barrier, and my friend left last night with a sprained ankle! I only wish they hadn't pushed us when he came to attempt the song right there bc we ended up too close to him/ the stage (and i think that may be part of the reason he had to leave that area). But once my friend and I moved to the back of the venue, it definitely got a lot better and we were able to enjoy the show !

Heather

Edited by heather87

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for all the great reports, can't wait to hear more when everyone wakes up.

oh how i wish i.......i could have *bursts into tears*

DARN YOU AGE LIMIT! Ahhhh he was so close to me....SOOOO close :tears:

Ok, so was there a reason for the age limit? I didn't see anything about any stripper. Hate to be a downer, but I'm kind of regretting not flying up. :teehee:

And yeah, did Aimee get in?

Yep, that's me!! but I'm a he

Best,

Chris

oops! sorry :blush-anim-cl::teehee:

Don't you just love how we automatically assume everyone's a girl on here ? :aah::naughty:

Thanks for those great pics!

can i just blame it on the fact that my first language is french and that i mix "he" and "she" all the time?? :aah:

nahhhhh!! i didn't think so either... but it was worth a try!!! :lmao:

And I asked FTS (Chris) and he said I could post the pics, so they are all already posted further back in the thread.

Yep, that's me!! but I'm a he

Best,

Chris

Hey Chris, good to see @arjanwrites used your pics.:thumb_yello:

A bit of a downer was the fact that some rude peeps were chatting away during Over My Shoulder, and Mika kept shushing the crowd, but of course some would just keep speaking and making noise throughoutthe song. Dan looked a bit bothered by that as well. It's just rude, and it upsets me.

We tried to make them stfu and of course these things don't really work, but hey, we tried .

Anyway, the gig was absolutely fantastic. Fantastic. He just gave his whole heart, and totally lost himself in the music. He did an especially heartfelt performance of Lonely Alcoholic, which was incredibly beautiful, and Happy Ending was also particularly amazing tonight.

Since we got into the venue, and saw that we were standing right next to the celesta (spelling??) where Mika does Toyboy, Christine, Deb and I were super excited thinking: OMG, he's going to be standing here while we lean onto the instrument (we were literally squashed against it!!), so we were gleefully looking forward to Toy Boy :wub2:.

Little did we expect that, when he started, some over excited girls who were standing next to us started touching him whilst he was starting the song, and to be honest, I think that it was this and not the slight feedback problem that caused him to retreat back to the safety of the piano.

In cases like this -chatting during Over my shoulder, I'd advise mercy killing :devil: . Getting rid of the bodies afterwards could be tricky but, what the heck, you are the most decadent of M's fans, you would have found a way :naughty: !

That's worrying, I mean the touching, the lack of respect :shocked: ... do you think it was just that particular crowd who were rude, like pushing people against the barriers until they got bruises or sprained an ankle, or do you believe it's a more general and negative evotution :thumbdown: ? Having gone to so many gig, surely you can judge the situation ?

If audiences start crossing the line big time :sneaky2: , we'll end up watching Sire perform, miles from the stage, in front of 50 security men... bleak :emot-sad: !

Cheers,

Id3

New York :wub2:

This gig sounds like it was one of the best/LA also seemed close to perfect though. (my knowledge is only from reading review threads :naughty: ) I think the smaller one off gigs sound like the best. I mean it must have been ages since he played there before last night so everyone was eager to enjoy.

I wish all gigs were like that. :rolls_eyes: I feel that generally Europe is spoiled for choice so when he goes somewhere different it must be thrilling for everyone. :wub2:

I'm glad you all enjoyed it!

i did see it, i actually think i could smell his perfume in the air... :mf_rosetinted::lmao:

but we didn't get an acoustic gig.

Metaphorical perfume, surely ? He doesn't wear any, just smells clean.

Don't mistake him for Tom Ford, who wears cologne instead of underwear :naughty: . Good thing Sire is different : we would soooo miss his boxer shorts :fangurl::swoon: !

Cheers,

Id3

Still hardly hot enough to justify the 'strictly over 18' rule. Unless it's a local law for some venues :confused: ?

Not very hard to understand. They served alcohol, so they could have enforced "over 21" if they wanted.

Plus that way there weren't too many screaming kids. Some pretty annoying people though, trying to scream louder than Mika.

Not very hard to understand. They served alcohol, so they could have enforced "over 21" if they wanted.

Plus that way there weren't too many screaming kids. Some pretty annoying people though, trying to scream louder than Mika.

Sadler's Wells served alcohol as well. Actually, they had a full bar and people were even drinking while Mika was playing . I guess some places are just more picky than others

Just caught up to this...

Loved your report, Sara and Sunshine. And also the short updates of other people. Really appreciate the fact that even though you're tired and just want to sleep, you come here and tell us because you know how we love to hear how it was.:biggrin2:

Love the pics, thankyou Chris, Cynthia and Benjh(Welcome btw:wink2:)

Can't wait for more vids aswell.

And I asked FTS (Chris) and he said I could post the pics, so they are all already posted further back in the thread.

Hey Chris, good to see @arjanwrites used your pics.:thumb_yello:

My pics @ arjanwrites?!?!?!? that's so cool... thanks for letting me know :roftl:

Just caught up to this...

Loved your report, Sara and Sunshine. And also the short updates of other people. Really appreciate the fact that even though you're tired and just want to sleep, you come here and tell us because you know how we love to hear how it was.:biggrin2:

Love the pics, thankyou Chris, Cynthia and Benjh(Welcome btw:wink2:)

Can't wait for more vids aswell.

De nada, Neiobi!!! You're most welcome