First single -We Are Golden!!

Mary

ROFLMFAO :roftl::roftl:

Seriously though! :naughty: I can totally see it,with the kids smiling and drinking coca cola and there'll be like a play with the lyric "not giving up when you're young and you want some" so of course the kids will also fight for the coke :roftl:

I'd wish a Mika song could be in a Coca Cola ad! It would be amazing

Well,he's getting there! :naughty:

I wasn't saying this in a very good way though..compagny usually uses good music (of course) for their ads but I said it to point out the kinda cheesy feeling it gave me. But I really need to hear the whole thing before actually being able to say anything I guess.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I absolutely don't like the beggining... The piano sounds like it's in a completely different rythm from the voice, and I find his voice a bit annoying there:aah: I like the chorus though, and the end of it... But I definitely need to hear it all.

I was expecting something more, but I won't say anything else:aah:

100% agree :blink:

Yes, that bit is good.

The thing is, my reaction was like this: :shocked:, which speaks volumes for Mika doesn't it? That was kind of the effect LICM had on me when I first heard it. The very fact he can surprise, shock, and make us question, is all good. People will not be able to NOT have an opinion on We Are Golden. It is going to be adored, or loathed. Long live Marmite! :teehee:

I am pretty sure by Monday night I will love it :naughty:.

Totally agree with all of this. I think the worst thing we could ever say about a Mika song is -

Well, it's OK.

That would be worse than hating it.

I think it will be the Umbrella of 2009. People won't be able to stop singing it and will get so sick of it, but STILL won't be able to stop singing it.

Wow, I'm never sleeping in again! I had to catch up on quite a few pages!

First of all, T4P!!!

When I heard the beginning I was really weirded out, but then I remembered that I had the same feeling when listening to Lollipop for the first time and Love Today. :teehee: It's sort of like "I can't believe I'm listening to this..." but in a good way...if that makes sense. When I listened the 2nd time, I was jumping up and down and yelling the lyrics. It made me feel happy, carefree, and even empowered. :wub2:

I can't wait to hear the whole thing! :thumb_yello:

Yes! Me too.

I remember the first time I heard the full album version of Lollipop, with the 'hey, what's the big idea, yo Mika!' thing. I thought, erm, wtf is this? I don't like it. After a couple of listens I loved it.

I don't think WAG is going to be on my Top Ten Mika Faves list but I can already imagine it growing on me.

The thing that bothers me most about it is the close similarity in the chorus with Heaven is a Place on Earth, and also with Livin On a Prayer, a bit. I can just see that grating on me in the long term, and of course, the critics are going to jump straight on it and slaughter it for that :boxed:.

Totally agree with all of this. I think the worst thing we could ever say about a Mika song is -

Well, it's OK.

That would be worse than hating it.

I think it will be the Umbrella of 2009. People won't be able to stop singing it and will get so sick of it, but STILL won't be able to stop singing it.

That intro went on auto-repeat in my head instantly.

The thing that bothers me most about it is the close similarity in the chorus with Heaven is a Place on Earth, and also with Livin On a Prayer, a bit. I can just see that grating on me in the long term, and of course, the critics are going to jump straight on it and slaughter it for that :boxed:.

Yeah, I'm worried about that too. It will probably also become one of those things he gets asked about a lot. "You know, the chorus sounds a bit like Heaven is a Place on Earth. Did you do that on purpose?" :naughty:

I don't get the Belinda Carlisle comparisons .... I love BC .... I have all her albums ... so maybe I'm not objective :wink2:

I'm really hoping I'll hear it Monday and will come in and post that I love it ..... at the moment I'm just :dunno:

My mum likes the snippet though ... so what do I know :lmfao:

Yeah, I'm worried about that too. It will probably also become one of those things he gets asked about a lot. "You know, the chorus sounds a bit like Heaven is a Place on Earth. Did you do that on purpose?" :naughty:

Don't you know? We are golden is a cover. :mf_rosetinted:

Yes! Me too.

I remember the first time I heard the full album version of Lollipop, with the 'hey, what's the big idea, yo Mika!' thing. I thought, erm, wtf is this? I don't like it. After a couple of listens I loved it.

I don't think WAG is going to be on my Top Ten Mika Faves list but I can already imagine it growing on me.

I had the same feeling 'bout the album as well when I first heard it at the store,which is why I didn't buy it instantly. So I guess,it's not "abnormal"

It's weird, cuz I had a feeling that I would be surprised with it with all the good critics though. Now that I think about it (after having stopped listening it non-stop :naughty:) it really has a cheery and powerful thing aside the coca cola aspect lol)

What really stroke me was the last line. Even if I found it really beautiful and touching for the first version,it kinda...disturbed me. But I guess that's pop music,right?

Does Anyone Know Where There's A Longer Version Yet? ..I WANNA HEAR MORE!!! :kachinga:

Not til' Monday ... I think if anyone stumbles on something it will be posted double quick here though ... what with the MFC FBI :wink2:

I really can't see the MGMT connection....:boxed:

Me neither. I really can't hear it. I can hear so many things that remind me of other songs but nothing by MGMT :boxed:.

I was hoping for a bit more Pink Floyd personally:mf_rosetinted: I think we were led up the garden path by whoever said that :naughty:. But who knows, there might be a four minute experimental instrumental bridge in the middle of the full version...we'd better wait and see I suppose :lmfao:

100% agree :blink:

I feel a bit bad for being really critical and having people praising it around me:dunno:

It's really growing on me though.. It's a very very happy song.:wub2:

I hate the pseudorock scene too though. BUT I'm liking this a bit...It's, again, another catchy, happy song.

And yes, I think he'll always be a Marmite artist..

I think the beggining really has to grow on me... But we'll see how does it fit in the whole track.

I also remember that when I first heard GK and LT I thought "Wtf, who does this guy think he is" too... So maybe it'll be the same and it'll grow on me.

I have to say... I really really love the lyrics:wub2:

Gaah this post is all I, I , I..:aah:

WOW thx for posting!:biggrin2:

My impressions:

It sounds very 'big' just like a parade of funny, colourful and motivated group of teenagers :teehee:

It sounds so free and independent...and yes, in some way it reminds me of Queen sound..especially for the big choirs and that a bit glam-rock sound :cheerful_h4h:

I didn't like very much the beginning but then listening to it for the second time I thought that after all it is fitting with the 'rebel' sound of the rest of the piece of the song :naughty: just like screaming in a megaphone :roftl:

I'm so happy and I can't wait to hear the whole song to have global opinion on the song...

Well for now I like it very much, principally because it fits very well with my 'musical needs' at the moment..

For now the most evident thing about this piece of WAG is that I keep singing it :naughty: I think is a good sign :naughty:

the beginning's reli a bit.............. too slow for GOLDEN :teehee:

okay i like the chorus! catch as always! wt else? erm can't comment much coz we still hvn't listened to the whole song:aah:

but how did this EXCLUSIF come up?? mika reli likes france:naughty:

lol Perez just posted a link to it on Twitter. He's so behind. :naughty:

He Sure Is.. ...And I Thought He Was Suppose To Get All The Hot Gossip First! :biggrin2:

I saw that too, it actually a little funny!:naughty:

I hope he finds out!

Oh wait, maybe he found the link in here!:roftl:

Can't comment much yet because I think we need to hear the whole song. But Once it got past the talking bit at the start (and I don't mind that really it's just that I wasn't expecting it) I think the bit we heard was very promising! It's made me even more eager for the whole song!!

Omg, it's SO DIFFERENT!!! Don't think it sounds like Mika o.O Anyway, can't tell much as we've got only a few seconds to listen to, but it's awesome! Different, but awesome and I really liked it! *--------*