UPDATE:

We Are Golden premieres on radio Monday 20 July

BBC Radio 2

11.10 am (UK)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/console/radio2

BBC Radio 1

12.15 pm (UK)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/console/radio1

Mika will be performing Blue Eyes live on Radio 2. The show starts at 9.30 am UK time.

mp3s of We Are Golden will not be posted on MFC, but you can listen to a clip on the media player of Mikasounds and Mika's MySpace page.

BBC will make the shows available to listen online for 5 days.

Sorry if it has already been mentioned, but I just read on a portuguese music magazine's website that Mika's first single will be WE ARE GOLDEN, and it's scheduled to play on the radio. :shocked:

Here's the original article:

http://blitz.aeiou.pt/gen.pl?p=stories&op=view&fokey=bz.stories/47982

It also says that the album will be released os September 21st!

=============================================

Gilded Mika: new album presented through the song "We Are Golden"

Mika's new single begins to be played on the radio on July 17th. New Album in September.

"We Are Golden" is the title of Mika's new single, which includes the participation of a gospel choir. The song gets to the radios on July 17th - it even has an hour scheduled: 12.30 pm - and the album, which has no title yet, will be released of September 21st.

The successor of debut album Life in Cartoon Motion has, according to what Mika told the Observer, a more mature sound, and the songs focus on his adolescence (while the previous album was related to his childhood).

"Blame it on the Girls", "Rain" and "I See You" are other songs that are included in the new album, that arrives to the stores a few months after the release of the EP "Songs for Sorrow".

====================================

Was I the only one surprised bu this? :blush-anim-cl::blink:

Edited by Christine
New times

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry if it has already been mentioned, but I just read on a portuguese music magazine's website that Mika's first single will be WE ARE GOLDEN, and it's scheduled to play on the radio on July 17th, at 12.30 pm. :shocked:

(translation of the article in a minute)

Wow, great news Mary!

I will be in France on the 17th, will check every radiostation to see (err...hear) if they play the single too!

I have a massage for you.....:wink2:

:lmfao:Good moaning...

mary

i did it

but i think you could do it, just click 'go avanced' after clicking 'edit'.

:thumb_yello:

Oh...didn't try that, but thanks! :huglove:

17 july?????

grrrrrrrrrrrrrreat news!!!

:mf_lustslow:

t4p

Yeeeaaah! :boing:

You're welcome!

Oh FFS, someone edit the title, please!

"Bingle"...way to go, Mary! I feel like Officer Crabtree right now... :roftl::roftl::roftl:

Good moaning...

Lurved the news about the bingle...:lmao:

Ja podiam era ir pondo umas fotitas mais recentezitas :shocked:

:shocked::shocked::shocked:

but 12:30 pm Uk and Portugal time ?:roftl:

At lunchtime?:naughty:

Edited by willywonka

Good moaning...

Lurved the new about the bingle...:lmao:

Ja podiam era ir pondo umas fotitas mais recentezitas, :shocked:

At lunchtime?:naughty:

gnawing your toe, otherwise you won't hear a damned note

i was not surprised by the song, but by the time of release, that is news for me!

Updated the first post with the translation (not perfect, but I guess it's better than portuguese for most of you :blush-anim-cl:)

About the hour scheduled, probably UK/Portugal time, since it's the same, but something tells me that it will only be on UK radios... :roftl::roftl:

Edited by Mary

Sorry if it has already been mentioned, but I just read on a portuguese music magazine's website that Mika's first single will be WE ARE GOLDEN, and it's scheduled to play on the radio on July 17th, at 12.30 pm. :shocked:

=============================================

Gilded Mika: new album presented through the song "We Are Golden"

Mika's new single begins to be played on the radio on July 17th. New Album in September.

"We Are Golden" is the title of Mika's new single, which includes the participation of a gospel choir. The song gets to the radios on July 17th - it even has an hour scheduled: 12.30 pm - and the album, which has no title yet, will be released of September 21st.

The successor of debut album Life in Cartoon Motion has, according to what Mika told the Observer, a more mature sound, and the songs focus on his adolescence (while the previous album was related to his childhood).

"Blame it on the Girls", "Rain" and "I See You" are other songs that are included in the new album, that arrives to the stores a few months after the release of the EP "Songs for Sorrow".

====================================

t4p Mary!!!! :wink2:

Oh wow! I can't wait to hear it! I hope that he'll give us a sneaky pre listen before...and that we can preorder it somewhere, as usual. The whole machine is spinning again, yay! Thanks for the info, Mary.

You're welcome! :wink2:

QUESTION: On which radio station will it be played????:shocked::shocked:

That is a good question... A little "detail" they forgot to mention, but unless it's in every major radio station of each country...I guess it will be something like Radio 1 or other like that... :blink:

I find it really hard to believe that it will be on a portuguese radio station, TBH, but... :boxed:

Oh wow! I can't wait to hear it! I hope that he'll give us a sneaky pre listen before...and that we can preorder it somewhere, as usual. The whole machine is spinning again, yay! Thanks for the info, Mary.

Preorder at Sandbag? :wink2::roftl: When would we get the single then?

Probably on most.... it should be a 'world premiere'

Let's hope so... It's a bit weird, tho. No-one mentioned it on the radios, have they? :blink: *turns on the radio*

I think I'm more surprised to know this from the portuguese press than for the news itself! :roftl: