First single -We Are Golden!!

Mary

Will we be singing this in 50 years??????

Crush Luther's When we were golden

Wait my people what's the matter with us now?

Got no money, no looks, no know how

Used to pay for nothing, got everything free

When we were golden, when we were golden

Now just you wait 'til we can't do nothing right

And we get too tired and we don't even play outside

Used to wake the day with a smile on

When we were golden, when we were golden

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

oooook, I'm dreadfully late at this -as I am with everything internet wise lately- and am selfconscious about it. :blush-anim-cl:

impression: I found it ok for now. not as thrilled as I was when I heard it on the infamous video blog, but the last part of the clip we heard in avant , BTW, for the link! :thumb_yello:), last part -I was saying- grows on me.

I hope I'll like this song as much as I got to like the other new ones, esp. after I heard them live. :wub2:

I have to agree. I wasn't exactly blown away by that little clip. I'm thinking that the clip isn't enough to get a feel for the whole song, so I'll wait before I form an opinion on it.

words by Joni Mitchell:

We are stardust, we are golden,

And we got to get ourselves back to the garden.

We are stardust,we are a billion year old carbon,

we are golden

We just got caught up in some devil's bargain

And we got to get ourselves back to the garden.

To some semblance of a garden.

just saw this....interesting...this is the chorus of whatever song it was

Woodstock .... that's the song .... I heard it on the radio on Friday on Radio 2 .... Terry Wogan played it ..... It made me think of Mika instantly obviously .... because it should have been Friday for WAG .... and Ken Bruce was on after Terry Wogan ..... :aah:

Wrong song .... wrong time :biggrin2:

Woodstock .... that's the song .... I heard it on the radio on Friday on Radio 2 .... Terry Wogan played it ..... It made me think of Mika instantly obviously .... because it should have been Friday for WAG .... and Ken Bruce was on after Terry Wogan ..... :aah:

Wrong song .... wrong time :biggrin2:

I was listening to that too :naughty:

where can i listen the full version?

:bye: hideaway!

we won't hear the full version until monday

romis listed in this post where to listen for it

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2399653&postcount=1418

in the meantime, i'd like to welcome you to MFC :yay:

please take the time to introduce yourself in the "introductions and goodbyes" thread, so we can all welcome you properly.

also, please read the mfc's FAQ :thumb_yello:

KHAYLA!!

Whoa your ops on monday already? I wish you luck :huglove:

Hahaha yes cheese. I love cheese. The song reminds me of heaven is a place on earth. which i dont mind, becasue i love that song :wub2:

:jawfrop: I was thinking it reminded me of SOMETHING and it hit me while I was having second breakfast this morning (see my twitter for why I currently feel sick from eating at so many places :roftl) that it sounded like that and then I twittered it as I was there just now and then you mention it!

*sings* Does this mean that I'm not alone? (love Calvin Harris!)

A la me?

To put a la on front of something like "A La Wonka" is to say "Like Wonka" or to say that it is in reference to Wonka. Is that right? Des that make sense?

Like "My favourite kind of fashion style is colourful and loud, fun and cute and quite eccentric a la Mika"

:jawfrop: I was thinking it reminded me of SOMETHING and it hit me while I was having second breakfast this morning (see my twitter for why I currently feel sick from eating at so many places :roftl) that it sounded like that and then I twittered it as I was there just now and then you mention it!

*sings* Does this mean that I'm not alone? (love Calvin Harris!)

To put a la on front of something like "A La Wonka" is to say "Like Wonka" or to say that it is in reference to Wonka. Is that right? Des that make sense?

Like "My favourite kind of fashion style is colourful and loud, fun and cute and quite eccentric a la Mika"

I don't think it will all sound like Heaven is a Place on Earth. It's just one line and really only about 3 notes in that line. I think most songs remind us of other songs. I've always been frustrated listening to Katy Perry's 'Hot and Cold', because the whole of the tune in the chorus reminds me so much of another song, possibly from the sixties. I can't remember the title, but I know the tune belongs to another song apart from H&C.

As for We Are Golden, tune wise, we haven't heard much of it yet. I must say I'm really excited by it. My son heard the snippet and he thinks it's great! He's not easy to please believe me!

I don't think it will all sound like Heaven is a Place on Earth. It's just one line and really only about 3 notes in that line. I think most songs remind us of other songs. I've always been frustrated listening to Katy Perry's 'Hot and Cold', because the whole of the tune in the chorus reminds me so much of another song, possibly from the sixties. I can't remember the title, but I know the tune belongs to another song apart from H&C.

As for We Are Golden, tune wise, we haven't heard much of it yet. I must say I'm really excited by it. My son heard the snippet and he thinks it's great! He's not easy to please believe me!

I love to listen to that song while I'm walking (for exercise) it makes me really get the speed up!:roftl:

you know, when you see only a part of something, your brain automatically tries to complete it so that it makes sense or matches the images it already has filed down. Like when you look at the partial moon for a while you suddenly imagine to see the full round, but it's only in your brain, not for real.

the same happens when we only hear a snippet of music, or only recall a part of a melody. Our brain wants to complete it, but can only work with what it has filed down somewhere. This is why we so often slip from a snippet of melody into a different song. We know we got it wrong, but we can't help it and get irritated ;)

you know, when you see only a part of something, your brain automatically tries to complete it so that it makes sense or matches the images it already has filed down. Like when you look at the partial moon for a while you suddenly imagine to see the full round, but it's only in your brain, not for real.

the same happens when we only hear a snippet of music, or only recall a part of a melody. Our brain wants to complete it, but can only work with what it has filed down somewhere. This is why we so often slip from a snippet of melody into a different song. We know we got it wrong, but we can't help it and get irritated ;)

:thumb_yello::thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

Hi everyone!!! :bye: Tommorrow!!!! I'm going to listen on BBC 2 at 9.30 UK time, I'm right? Can't wait!!! :wub2:

Yes and it (and Mika as well I think) are on Jo Whiley's show on Radio one after that. We Are Golden hopefully plays at 12.15 on Jo's show and (maybe) after 11am on Ken Bruce's show. But I'm going to listen from 9.30am, just to make sure, then switch straight over to Radio One to hear it again.

Happy days are here again

The golden sky is clear again

We'll sing a song of cheer again

Golden days are here again

thanks Bianka!! :huglove: I love your photo in your signature:wink2: you're so lucky...!

Thank you! :biggrin2: I'm not the only one though!

It was a lovely moment. It used to be my dream too, just like yours, when it comes true, I tell you is a bit shocking and unbelievable and you stop and think for a while: is it really happening?

You'll get your moment too, soon, you'll see! Nothing is impossible! :wink2:

Thank you! :biggrin2: I'm not the only one though!

It was a lovely moment. It used to be my dream too, just like yours, when it comes true, I tell you is a bit shocking and unbelievable and you stop and think for a while: is it really happening?

You'll get your moment too, soon, you'll see! Nothing is impossible! :wink2:

Oh, I see:wub2: Thank you!! I must still wait...:crybaby:

Yes and it (and Mika as well I think) are on Jo Whiley's show on Radio one after that. We Are Golden hopefully plays at 12.15 on Jo's show and (maybe) after 11am on Ken Bruce's show. But I'm going to listen from 9.30am, just to make sure, then switch straight over to Radio One to hear it again.

Happy days are here again

The golden sky is clear again

We'll sing a song of cheer again

Golden days are here again

Thanks!! Nice plan:wink2::naughty:

Oh, I see:wub2: Thank you!! I must still wait...:crybaby:

That's the worst part. But you know...it wasn't a good thing my case of knowing that in one month my dream will be over (that was how long I had left since I bought my tickets). I knew I would never be the same again. It would change me forever and it did. I don't miss the time before it but it makes me sad a bit, because it was such a short moment and thanks to mum who captured the moment of me in my greatest happiness, I have it frozen in a picture.:wub2:

A little excited are we?

I wouldn't say! :mf_rosetinted:

:pbjt: :pbjt: :pbjt: :pbjt: :pbjt: :pbjt: :pbjt: :pbjt: :pbjt: :pbjt:

YEAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!