Win Tickets To See Mika At iTunes

'A couple of' means a small number of.

'When the stripper had shed off a couple of clothes, he started drooling' doesn't mean that she had taken off just two pieces of clothing, might be three, might well be just one if the guy was really sensitive to that kind of show :naughty: .

In the same way 'a couple' also means 'an item' but don't we know about 'ménages à trois' :wink2: ?

But then I am more familiar with British English, American English may be more litteral :dunno: .

Cheers,

Id3

Over here, a "couple" means two.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

'A couple of' means a small number of.

'When the stripper had shed off a couple of clothes, he started drooling' doesn't mean that she had taken off just two pieces of clothing, might be three, might well be just one if the guy was really sensitive to that kind of show :naughty: .

In the same way 'a couple' also means 'an item' but don't we know about 'ménages à trois' :wink2: ?

But then I am more familiar with British English, American English may be more litteral :dunno: .

Cheers,

Id3

Why am i not surprised that you used these analogies.

A couple can also mean a few its just not commonly used that way but i see what you mean, so point taken.

A confirmation mail is supposed to be sent to anybody giving their email address but then a friend of mine never received hers... so from the very beginning there are winners and losers apparently :naughty: .

Cheers,

Id3

yup, the ones who don't get a confirmation will be the ones who'll get a "you have won" mail instead. :mf_rosetinted:

didn't receive a confirmation either, well, guess i'll just try again, one of my 10 mail-addresses should work. :naughty:

i wonder how many tickets they'll give away. hope it's more than just one pair of tickets. well, we'll see how many of us win...

edit: the 4th mail-address worked. it was the only one i've never entered before anywhere on MS. so maybe the confirmation mail is only for the mailing list (though it says "thank you for entering the competition")? :dunno: or maybe it was cause the other mail-addresses ended on .de, the one that worked was .net ... but i don't think that can be it, i chose "germany" as country in the form and that doesn't seem to matter. strange.

Edited by mellody

edit: the 4th mail-address worked. it was the only one i've never entered before anywhere on MS. so maybe the confirmation mail is only for the mailing list (though it says "thank you for entering the competition")? :dunno: or maybe it was cause the other mail-addresses ended on .de, the one that worked was .net ... but i don't think that can be it, i chose "germany" as country in the form and that doesn't seem to matter. strange.

It can't be the .de in the mail because it worked for me.

yup, the ones who don't get a confirmation will be the ones who'll get a "you have won" mail instead. :mf_rosetinted:

didn't receive a confirmation either, well, guess i'll just try again, one of my 10 mail-addresses should work. :naughty:

i wonder how many tickets they'll give away. hope it's more than just one pair of tickets. well, we'll see how many of us win...

You're not supposed to live in denial here, that's Niki's job :naughty: .

Don't hold your breath, they can be quite close-fisted sometimes :sneaky2: ...

Yeah, strange to say the least... they shouldn't give South American mushrooms to their competition, they disagree with it :shocked: .

Cheers,

Id3

Nothing wrong with a dirty mind at times:naughty:

Thus spoke the girl who told FR that he shouldn't put out his tongue if he didn't use it :wink2:. I am not sure the quote is quite right though... but it is good to know that the French are not the only ones who have a dirty mind :blush-anim-cl: . We enjoy such a baaad reputation :shocked: !

Cheers,

Id3

Thus spoke the girl who told FR that he shouldn't put out his tongue if he didn't use it :wink2:. I am not sure the quote is quite right though... but it is good to know that the French are not the only ones who have a dirty mind :blush-anim-cl: . We enjoy such a baaad reputation :shocked: !

Cheers,

Id3

Did I say that?:roftl: Hmm...I said a lotta things...

Well, we Dutchies have our rep too:mf_rosetinted:

I entered too. Haven't gotten a confirmation email but one of my accounts is already registered with mikasounds if that is an affect on anything. I'll keep my fingers crossed but good luck to all! Now if I win I just have to sweet talk my cousin who is a pilot for Southwest....:angel_not: hehe. Well good luck again! I wonder if I'll ever have any luck...never won a thing in my life...think that's a sign? Oh well never give up hope right! Same to all you out there who are thinking the same thing. Keep up the hope, chance can change! :biggrin2:

Did I say that?:roftl: Hmm...I said a lotta things...

Well, we Dutchies have our rep too:mf_rosetinted:

You Dutchies sure do :wink2: ...

Anyroad that was sound advice and I hope he's followed it and found some use for his tongue. Like licking icecream if he was queuing up in LA or NYC before a Sire gig, for instance :roftl: .

Cheers,

Id3

I entered too. Haven't gotten a confirmation email but one of my accounts is already registered with mikasounds if that is an affect on anything. I'll keep my fingers crossed but good luck to all! Now if I win I just have to sweet talk my cousin who is a pilot for Southwest....:angel_not: hehe. Well good luck again! I wonder if I'll ever have any luck...never won a thing in my life...think that's a sign? Oh well never give up hope right! Same to all you out there who are thinking the same thing. Keep up the hope, chance can change! :biggrin2:

What's wrong with SWIMMING :biggrin2: !

Cheers,

Id3

Haha! Right. Do you realise how long it would take me to swim from Houston, Texas? And I am not touching Galveston Bay. That water is polluted beyond repair. *sigh*

And I thought girls from Texas were tough :rolls_eyes: ... so many legends about that beautiful State :shocked: .

Don't take my dreams away from me with tales of polluted water, that's a good girl :sneaky2: !

To me Texas is the summer countryside in 'A perfect world' :wub2: and I don't want it to change :no: .

Cheers,

Id3

Edited by identicaltwin3

Well I am British and would say a couple is two. No more no less.

Meaning that when you say you went to the pub and had a couple... you just had two whatever your poison is :confused: ?

Or that when not you, of course, but another pub goer's rather the worst for wear and somebody says : 'He's had a couple', it means just two :naughty: ?

I don't think so...

Cheers,

Id3

Inever received a confirmation email...keep quiet , Lillibet , and breathe..:sneaky2:

No, stop breathing, Lill, it's a waste of time :sneaky2: , and enter the competition again, using another email address. Surely if your friends lend you their computer, they can let you use theirs ?

Your devoted daddy,

Id3