Win Tickets To See Mika At iTunes

:aah: It's going to be another disaster, isn't it? :badmood:

Oh, then it is too nice that they extra do another disaster for me so I know what you all are talking about. The newbies have a right for a disaster! :biggrin2:

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone remember the wording of that Paris contest that they ran for PDP? Taht was hilarious. Was it something like 'a chance a pair of tickets' or something like that?

Does anyone remember?

I'm too lazy to go and fish the blog out where they said it

yes, they surely do have very many tix

this all i found about the PDP competition :

July 2008

COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED - Win tickets to see MIKA in Paris this Friday!

THIS COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED

THIS COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED

Hey there!

A couple of things that you need to know!

First – we are re-launching MIKA's website very soon, to explain all about it MIKA himself has filmed a special message which you can see here.

Secondly – as you may know, MIKA is playing a massive show at the Parc de Prince in ....Paris.... this Friday on 4th July. This is MIKA's first stadium show and it's a sell out. However, the good news is that we have 4 pairs of tickets up for grabs – not only that we will also throw in one nights accommodation and travel also. All you need to do is enter your email and country location here.

Best of luck!

Mikasounds

Such a sore subject for me this one (as most of you know! :roftl:).....At least I have the recognition that I DID WIN!!!... Absofrickinglutely NOTHING :crybaby:

Who were the other 3 tho? Did anyone ever find out?

xx

btw..i didn't get a confirmation email either but then it could be as I already applied through Itunes maybe?

Edited by daisylou
no email for me either

Just once I'd like to see a promotion involving Mika - tickets, releases, whatever - actually run like it's supposed to.

Will I ever grow out of this misplaced optimism?

Then I thought it is because my IP address is not a UK one.... but Silver did not get a confirmation, either... so from this point onwards I give up and don't care. I don't think I'd get ticks anyway.

:crybaby: IP? Are you kidding me? I honestly doubt that these people can run such a sophisticated system :roftl:

Yes it was different, I remember it was weird :naughty:

Yeah, like it didn't make sense, no? The wording was totally strange and nothing added up. :naughty:

I'm not planning a trip to London, but IF I win tickets, it's like a sign, isn't it? :roftl: In that case I really have to buy a flight to London and see him. I don't usually win anything, but I want to try.

Hey, but that's different to knowing that you can't go :aah:

After reading the text about the confirmationemail for the third time, is it really necessary to get a confirmationemail? Could it be, that this mail means that the user will get updates for the future? It makes me nervous not to know, if I counted or not. Is it O.K. to try it with another emailadress ? So many questions .... I´ll be really happy, when we will get the dates for the proper tour having time to make plans.

Just once I'd like to see a promotion involving Mika - tickets, releases, whatever - actually run like it's supposed to.

Will I ever grow out of this misplaced optimism?

Well there are two things working in our favour here. There is a reliable third party (iTunes) involved. They are organizing the actual event and ticketing. And the contest deadline is July 17, which gives us two full weeks to moan before it's too late. :naughty:

Well there are two things working in our favour here. There is a reliable third party (iTunes) involved. They are organizing the actual event and ticketing. And the contest deadline is July 17, which gives us two full weeks to moan before it's too late. :naughty:

If you say so, Christine :fisch:

:naughty:

Applied :biggrin2:

Surprisingly I had no problem with the confirmation email :blink: Guess people who didn't receive it will do so in the next few hours?

Good luck everyone! :thumb_yello: Love the way this competition is run :wink2:

Surprisingly I had no problem with the confirmation email :blink: Guess people who didn't receive it will do so in the next few hours?

Good luck everyone! :thumb_yello: Love the way this competition is run :wink2:

Ditto! Got it a few sec. after i entered :blink:

Too bad, I tried to register tonight, but I get an error message! I'll try again!Thanks for the link Freddiesdouble!:thumb_yello:

Just go to Mikasounds, you don't even need a link, it's on the first page, you can't miss it if I could find it :roftl: , anybody can.

Cheers,

Id3

After reading the text about the confirmationemail for the third time, is it really necessary to get a confirmationemail? Could it be, that this mail means that the user will get updates for the future? It makes me nervous not to know, if I counted or not. Is it O.K. to try it with another emailadress ? So many questions .... I´ll be really happy, when we will get the dates for the proper tour having time to make plans.

A confirmation mail is supposed to be sent to anybody giving their email address but then a friend of mine never received hers... so from the very beginning there are winners and losers apparently :naughty: .

Cheers,

Id3

Good luck everyone! :thumb_yello:Love the way this competition is run :wink2:

Or possibly months, during the winter tour :naughty: ?

Yes, we do luuuve the way their competitions are run :wub2: ...

Cheers,

Id3

Very wise words Suzy, as usual. It would effectively be a waste if the tickets go to someone who isn't even sure if they can go to the gig, because there is no way that they would be easily re-allocated, so they'd most likely be lost, when there would possibly be other disappointed fans who CAN go but don't get the tickets :blink:

Yes, I agree. Anyway, I'm sure that people will take that into account and only apply if they can actually go to the gig....

I'm REALLY hoping that I get some, as I will be here and can go even if I win tickets last minute :roftl: (hint, Team Mika, hint :naughty:)

Yes, it's probably just the way it's worded, but they most definitely have to have tons of "pairs" of tickets.

Does anyone remember the wording of that Paris contest that they ran for PDP? Taht was hilarious. Was it something like 'a chance a pair of tickets' or something like that?

Does anyone remember?

I'm too lazy to go and fish the blog out where they said it :aah:

We don't know yet how the competition will be run and the tickets allocated but so far no identity has been asked for so that the winners should be able to give or sell tickets to less lucky :devil: .

Cheers,

Id3

We'll check with you again on August 1.

Why? :blink: Seriously, I don't understand why you say that.

Or possibly months, during the winter tour :naughty: ?

If someone does not get the confirmation mail at all they can always create a new account and try again?

I tried to enter on 3 different email accounts cos I didnt get any confirmation, then, noticed I had got one ont he 2nd email address, so one of my emails is registerd to MS and the other 2 not... :blink: here we go again guys, de ja vu.

(and yes Daisy I DO remember what happend to you, it was not so nice to win NOTHING at all, bit like my daughter Vix, she won NOTHING AT ALL TWICE lol.

I won tix to Leeds '07 :mf_lustslow: my 1st gig and the start of the hypnotic Mikamagicness. That didn't run very smoothly either, but non of these things ever do, I have almost come to expect and accept it now.

ah well, all we can do is wait and hope.

Love the way this competition is run :wink2:

I was meaning the fact that it is a general competition on MS :blush-anim-cl:

I was not implying that it will work ok or not. Forget it.

A couple means two.

'A couple of' means a small number of.

'When the stripper had shed off a couple of clothes, he started drooling' doesn't mean that she had taken off just two pieces of clothing, might be three, might well be just one if the guy was really sensitive to that kind of show :naughty: .

In the same way 'a couple' also means 'an item' but don't we know about 'ménages à trois' :wink2: ?

But then I am more familiar with British English, American English may be more litteral :dunno: .

Cheers,

Id3

Entered with my second emailadress and got the confirmationmail between seconds. O.K. let´s see what will happen.

I think that basically when you haven't received the confirmation email within seconds it's bad news :sneaky2: and you'll never get it, better try again with another email address.

Cheers,

Id3