Win Tickets To See Mika At iTunes

English Lessons: question 1 :cool:

"A pair of Tickets" does it mean just one couple oft tickets?

Or it is general and it means a lot of couples of tickets?

a pair is 2

a couple may also mean more than 2

PS: pls natives correct me if I'm wrong

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not entering because I know I can't go and perhaps it makes it unfair to even try as it would mean a wasted opportunity for someone else should the unlikely happen and I DO win. :blink: But to each their own I guess....

But GOOD LUCK to all of you MFCers!!

a pair is 2

a couple may also mean more than 2

PS: pls natives correct me if I'm wrong

My understanding of "couple" is TWO.

A "few" may be more than two.

"Several" may be more than two.

Woohoooooooo!

fingers xd that the daisylou will get a ticket as already in London that weekend. :thumb_yello:

So excited...I just can't hide it..I'm about to lose control and I think I like it! :teehee:

I'm not entering because I know I can't go and perhaps it makes it unfair to even try as it would mean a wasted opportunity for someone else should the unlikely happen and I DO win. :blink: But to each their own I guess....

Thank you very much, what you are writing is so right :thumb_yello:

If they are just 2 tickets:

come on Mister Mikasounds...

we are golden

you can do more :naughty:

anyway thank you very much :bow:

i think the formal problem is that we have

"A pair"

and not

"some pair, several pair"

anyway no problem, 2 tickets is better than nothing :original:

and

if the contest runs 10 days maybe the pairs are a lot :thumb_yello:

Thanks Suzy you are a gem :wub2: wish others would be so understanding..

I don't mean to sound sour, but why enter if you CAN'T go?...doesn't seem logical to me.

xx

i think the formal problem is that we have

"A pair"

and not

"some pair, several pair"

anyway no problem, 2 tickets is better than nothing :original:

and

if the contest runs 10 days maybe the pairs are a lot :thumb_yello:

Allegra, I think they don't mean they give away just one pair of tix, but more pairs, they say: the winners will be selected....

although we don't know how many pairs

Yes means 2 tickets :thumb_yello:

I see their point....Doesn't state how many pairs of tickets tho Fred...

Quote"All you need to do to be in with a chance of winning a pair of tickets is..."

so could mean they are giving away a few pairs??? ..maybe needs clarification from the Team?

Look at how many peeps were at Snow Patrol Itunes gig...a few more than the 150 pairs Itunes are giving away :biggrin2: ....so keeping fingers xd :thumb_yello:

snowpatrol.jpg

xx

Edited by daisylou
wanted to add pic :)

English Lessons: question 1 :cool:

"A pair of Tickets" does it mean just one couple oft tickets?

Or it is general and it means a lot of couples of tickets?

Allegra -- one pair of tickets is 2 tickets.

We don't know how many pairs of tickets they are giving away, though.

Paolo Nutini, for instance gave away 150 pairs of tickets (that's 300 total)

for his iTunes show.

I think, though, that there will be more than one pair of tickets given

away, since the form does that there will be "winners" -- plural.

I'll see if I can find out, though, if anyone knows how many pairs

will be given away. :thumb_yello:

... wise words... it might help enligten some fans:wink2:

My understanding of "couple" is TWO.

A "few" may be more than two.

"Several" may be more than two.

whatever... I'd be happy with just one ticket:biggrin2:

... wise words... it might help enligten some fans:wink2:

Yeah, you are completely right, when I think about it now. But.. I entered. I thought that if I win (by some kind of really surreal circumstance), I will "be given" a way to go there. I thought like this to myself before I entered and... just did it. Yes, it sounds crazy, but I do believe it somehow works. :)

My little obstacles are about money, not time, so it actually might work out in any case.

Yeah' date=' you are completely right, when I think about it now. But.. I entered. I thought that if I win (by some kind of really surreal circumstance), I will "be given" a way to go there. I thought like this to myself before I entered and... just did it. Yes, it sounds crazy, but I do believe it somehow works. :)

My little obstacles are about money, not time, so it actually might work out in any case.[/quote']

Well, it happens to everyone that something you do does not sound too logical giving it a second thought but there are always ways to correct it....

For example, I entered because I intend to go in case I am lucky. However, if it's on short notice and / or flight costs will be extremely high, I will give my ticket(s) to some MFCers... So my ticket(s) would not be wasted :wink2:

Well, it happens to everyone that something you do does not sound too logical giving it a second thought but there are always ways to correct it....

For example, I entered because I intend to go in case I am lucky. However, if it's on short notice and / or flight costs will be extremely high, I will give my ticket(s) to some MFCers... So my ticket(s) would not be wasted :wink2:

Indeed :wink2:

Thanx

Entered as well.... a reason to travel is always good. :naughty: But I was wondering since they say one will recieve a confirmation mail and I didn't get one. Then I used my second mailadress and got one....slightly confused. (Won't win anyway because I never win anything...)

Good luck everyone!

The moment I clicked the submit button I realised I would not be able to go... But If I win tickets, I'll give them away to people who can go.

Entered as well.... a reason to travel is always good. :naughty: But I was wondering since they say one will recieve a confirmation mail and I didn't get one. Then I used my second mailadress and got one....slightly confused. (Won't win anyway because I never win anything...)

Good luck everyone!

Huh.. I didn't get one eighter.. :blink: I didn't know that you would get one. :teehee: I never read it.. I just fill it in. :teehee:

Huh.. I didn't get one eighter.. :blink: I didn't know that you would get one. :teehee: I never read it.. I just fill it in. :teehee:

There you go-obsessed with reading the details sometimes....but maybe it is just because my other adress is already confirmed since I used it to register at mikasounds.com (if yes, the I entered way to often.....:blink: )

Enter your details below for a chance to win a pair of tickets to see Mika close the iTunes 2009 Festival at the Roundhouse in London on 31st July. We will also keep you up to date with all things Mika in the future.

Competition closes on 17th July and winners will be selected at random and contacted via the email given below. Good Luck!

Remember to reply to the confirmation e-mail we send you to ensure you receive the updates. (* required fields)

There you go-obsessed with reading the details sometimes....but maybe it is just because my other adress is already confirmed since I used it to register at mikasounds.com (if yes, the I entered way to often.....:blink: )

Hm.. I also uses the adress I used at MS.. But I still don't have the email. I also tried with my school mail adress, but also didn't get and conformation mail there..

:blink:

Hm.. I also uses the adress I used at MS.. But I still don't have the email. I also tried with my school mail adress, but also didn't get and conformation mail there..

:blink:

On my other adress I got it like 5 minutes later, maybe even less.... :blink: