Global Pop Phenomenon, MIKA, Releases Sophomore Album September 22

dcdeb

My guess is that he came up with a load of weird and wonderful possible titles but Universal put their (its?) foot down this time :aah:.

That's my guess, too. I just can't see Mika sitting in a meeting with the label or whatever and going "I know! Let's name the album after the single! Oh boy, oh boy, I'm soooo creative!" :roftl:

It really must have been a last minute naming decision, otherwise they would have said something earlier. And I wonder if it was, indeed, last minute because Mika kept digging in his heels about the name and finally relented. :blink:

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The photo's gone from the home page of me wearing mine but here's Mika in his.

Nice bracelet. - the hearts one!

(Where are these pics from?)

He is wearing two that I gave him on these pics, the star one and the one next to it, the green and orange one. The pics are screen shots from the PDP dvd.

I think We Are Golden is a crappy album name. :teehee:

It just seems, well, lazy. Especially after all of these media reports referring to the "as yet untitled album." What's up with that? If they were just going to take the easy way out and name it after the lead single, why couldn't they have figured that out 8-12 weeks ago? Why make the album name a closely guarded secret?

Also, the first thing I thought of was an old interview. I can't even remember if it was print or video, but Mika was saying how his record label wanted him to call his first album "Love Today" or something like that. And he went on about how that wouldn't work for him, and how he came up with Life in Cartoon Motion instead.

Too much cheese, nakedness and gerbil stroking has dulled his album-naming creativity. :naughty:

You forgot the tree hugging:roftl:

I think we should wait til we hear the lyrics of the song, before we judge the album title. They could be pivotal to the whole theme of the album, hence why he may have decided to use it as the title.

Always exciting to wake up in Tokyo and see so many threads with so much NEWS!!! :fangurl:

Bit sad the album is called the same as the single, kinda boring....

Didn't he look at our thread with so many excellent and creative suggestions:boxed:

On twitter Mika tweeted "mikasoundsthe We Are Golden cover on my blog is for the SINGLE not the album, sorry for the confusion" so the album title is still unknown:dunno:

You forgot the tree hugging:roftl:

I think we should wait til we hear the lyrics of the song, before we judge the album title. They could be pivotal to the whole theme of the album, hence why he may have decided to use it as the title.

I think that could well be the case. In fact I'm sure of it, as sure as I can be without actually having heard the song anyway.:biggrin2:

On twitter Mika tweeted "mikasoundsthe We Are Golden cover on my blog is for the SINGLE not the album, sorry for the confusion" so the album title is still unknown:dunno:

The album title is definitely We Are Golden...the same title as the single.

Of course I love it!! That pic is now my new wallpaper on my laptop :thumb_yello:

It was just an observation :naughty: Not sure I like his watch much tbh, I prefer the plastic ones more, it's a bit too bling for me.

Mine too! I just couldnt hold back....

mikawall.jpg

:fangurl:

I think We Are Golden is a crappy album name. :teehee:

It just seems, well, lazy. Especially after all of these media reports referring to the "as yet untitled album." What's up with that? If they were just going to take the easy way out and name it after the lead single, why couldn't they have figured that out 8-12 weeks ago? Why make the album name a closely guarded secret?

Also, the first thing I thought of was an old interview. I can't even remember if it was print or video, but Mika was saying how his record label wanted him to call his first album "Love Today" or something like that. And he went on about how that wouldn't work for him, and how he came up with Life in Cartoon Motion instead.

Too much cheese, nakedness and gerbil stroking has dulled his album-naming creativity. :naughty:

Like I mentioned before, I think he may have been trying to come up with something really good, but they probably gave him an ultimatum, so he just chose that.

Re bolded part: I thought I had dreamt that! Yay, I'm not crazy :pinkbow:

Oh so it IS the same title, but we just don't know what the artwork cover for the album will be....how misleading:crybaby:

And so the confusion begins.

Welcome to a decade of "the first time I heard WAG...I mean, the single, not the whole album..." :hair:

:roftl:

And so the confusion begins.

Welcome to a decade of "the first time I heard WAG...I mean, the single, not the whole album..." :hair:

I know! :hair:

He's so going to regret this when he's doing interviews and he has to say "We Are Golden -- the song, not the album -- is about blahbalh" :teehee: Sucker.

Maybe having the same title is a marketing ploy.

Constant repetition leads to familiarity.

Good point...:wink2:

I really dislike it that they have the same title, but meh, what can we do about it?:dunno:

Maybe having the same title is a marketing ploy.

Constant repetition leads to familiarity.

True, but in this case he stands to confuse the media, not to mention his fan base. As Nono wisely said:

I know! :hair:

He's so going to regret this when he's doing interviews and he has to say "We Are Golden -- the song, not the album -- is about blahbalh" :teehee: Sucker.

My thoughts exactly. :naughty:

As cheesy as it can get...:lmfao:

It'd put me off a bit :teehee:

It makes me cringe that it's actually one of the song titles, but hopefully the actual song will make me learn to love it :naughty:

------

He should've at least named the album "You Are Golden"...you know, mix it up a bit. :dunno: