Global Pop Phenomenon, MIKA, Releases Sophomore Album September 22

dcdeb

Hey, guys...I have found the same article on a Romanian radio's website with a really nice picture...

:wub2:

4a5c7772075e8mika.jpg

By the looks of his jumper and the hair, I'd say it's a new one!

THANKS MUM FOR FINDING THE ARTICLE!:thumb_yello:

Nice pic, thanks! :thumb_yello:

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think about the Madonna song.

For me it's the fact that they sang on MJs Will You Be There, I love that song because their singing on it is amazing, it made it my favourite MJ song.

So on that basis, I have high hopes for WAG.

excuse me, apart from Will You Be There, which MJ songs has the gospel choir also done?? i juz hv forgotten atm.

and ys, Like a Prayer is NOT gd (to me):no:

yet, i still embrace hope :teehee:

You're welcome...

I wish more media to be involved into publishing about MIKA..!

Hi' date=' Mum! :biggrin2::naughty:

Nice pic! Thanks for finding it!

thank you! what an amazing picture!

Oh great. Thanks for posting!

You're all welcome! :biggrin2:

Aaaargh I love it !!!

THANKS FOR POSTING BIANKA'S MUM !!

hehehe...:naughty: nice avie...:wink2:

the jumper is okay- mikaish in my sense

but the top beneath.... i somehow thought of a swimwear

anyway, i juz luv this hair!!!!!! as in all the other new pics

:

That's exactly what I was thinking. That thing beneath the jumper is killing me...:aah: well...is Mikaish...though If I had seen it in a store I wouldn;t have considered it so.:naughty:

u are such a nice mum!!!!

She's the mother of a crazy MFC'er...more over she is an MFC'er herself! :biggrin2:

What do you think we talk about the most? :mf_rosetinted:

Yesterday when she came back from work I had this dumb grin on my face :freak: and she was like:

her:"So, how's Mika besides from naked?"

me: "album name...guess!"

her: "WE ARE GOLDEN"

me: "sneaking around on MFC?"

her: NOT TODAY! but is it so?

me: "yeah!" :emot-sad:

:roftl:

excuse me, apart from Will You Be There, which MJ songs has the gospel choir also done?? i juz hv forgotten atm.

and ys, Like a Prayer is NOT gd (to me):no:

yet, i still embrace hope :teehee:

They were on Earthsong too ;-)

thzz!!!

ermerm to be honest, i dun particularly into these 2 MJ songs.....

but we'll wait n see how it is on WAG :thumb_yello:

the song is his only chance to make us happy again! :mf_rosetinted:

I'm still eager to hear that one and I still like to think it is a good one.:teehee:

Just two nights ago I was looking for a possible release date for the single on Billboard and came across another album called We Are Golden that was released on July 17, 2008. How entirely unoriginal and just one year out.

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/discography/index.jsp?pid=1030268&aid=1178709

Well we all already found these guys before...bespoke graphic designers.

http://www.wearegolden.co.uk/

plus the band you found

plus this:

Joni Mitchell: "we are stardust, we are golden," Joni Mitchell sang an age ago in "Woodstock," paving the way for a generation of artists to open their imaginations to the gleaming potential of pop and to making music that matters.

So it is basically terribly unoriginal as a title/piece of prose:mf_rosetinted:

mmm I don;t know.. eeee the world being over ruled by...... MONKEYS! that would be an even more hairy world!

:lmfao::roftl:

Hey' date=' guys...I have found the same article on a Romanian radio's website with a really nice picture...

:wub2

[img']http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/4229/4a5c7772075e8mika.jpg[/img]

By the looks of his jumper and the hair, I'd say it's a new one!

THANKS MUM FOR FINDING THE ARTICLE!:thumb_yello

Ooh, me likeys.

I miss the colours:wub2: (On clothes that is)

Thanks for posting!

Wahwahwahwahwah:groovy::blowup:

Two days or four to go!:naughty:

I don't like Madonna's Like A Prayer at all either. I so hope this is something different than that, and I think it surely will be:aah:

Am I the only one who feels like the world is ending? :blink:

I don't know...I just feel scared that a lot is going to change. :tears:

It's not ending!

But there sure will be a change...we'll grow up! :tears: We'll be taught another lesson by the Mastah: to learn to accept things we are not neccesarily happy with (and they can't be changed because it's not up to us in the end, maybe not even up to him), and learn that the label is nothing, what's on the inside is what matters the most! :wink2:

They are hazel :aah:

"Hazel eyes often appear to shift in color from a light brown to a medium golden-dark green."

His eyes are the color of the honey! :wub2: I've seen them! they've seen me! Will never forget!

Oh, here I go again!

:tears:

someone please, pass the tissues and a mop please!

Well we all already found these guys before...bespoke graphic designers.

http://www.wearegolden.co.uk/

plus the band you found

plus this:

Joni Mitchell: "we are stardust, we are golden," Joni Mitchell sang an age ago in "Woodstock," paving the way for a generation of artists to open their imaginations to the gleaming potential of pop and to making music that matters.

So it is basically terribly unoriginal as a title/piece of prose:mf_rosetinted:

but on the other hand... how original was Relax as a title? And did it matter at all in the end? ;)

It's not ending!

But there sure will be a change...we'll grow up! :tears: We'll be taught another lesson by the Mastah: to learn to accept things we are not neccesarily happy with (and they can't be changed because it's not up to us in the end, maybe not even up to him), and learn that the label is nothing, what's on the inside is what matters the most! :wink2:

yes, exactly. And we have to remind ourselves from time to time, that loving someone/something also means to LET grow too

Edited by harlequeen

yes, exactly. And we have to remind ourselves from time to time, that loving someone/something also means to LET grow too

You're right, but I think it will be hard to see him rise into some sort of superstardom and us just left behind. :tears:

I think We Are Golden is going to be one of my favorite new song of his. The theme is SO touching, I don't know how it couldn't be one of my favorites. :blush-anim-cl:

And I think We Are Golden will be ok as the album name (although yes, I did expect more something else. And he kind of led us to believe it would be something else, didn't he?)

You're right, but I think it will be hard to see him rise into some sort of superstardom and us just left behind. :tears:

yeah we feel a bit like parents who's kid is moving out and the house feels so empty afterwards. But on the other hand why not feel like friends and just move with him. I think he would prefer that alot ;)

I think We Are Golden is going to be one of my favorite new song of his. The theme is SO touching, I don't know how it couldn't be one of my favorites. :blush-anim-cl:

And I think We Are Golden will be ok as the album name (although yes, I did expect more something else. And he kind of led us to believe it would be something else, didn't he?)

it's pretty common to name the album after one of the songs. As some have mentioned before, I believe this is for marketing reasons, to build a strong and easy to remember reference between the artists name and his work, and the label got it's say this time. If it helps to get to a worldwide breakthrough, we should just embrace it and be happy that we will get the opportunity to enjoy him for much much longer ;)

yeah we feel a bit like parents who's kid is moving out and the house feels so empty afterwards. But on the other hand why not feel like friends and just move with him. I think he would prefer that alot ;)

it's pretty common to name the album after one of the songs. As some have mentioned before, I believe this is for marketing reasons, to build a strong and easy to remember reference between the artists name and his work, and the label got it's say this time. If it helps to get to a worldwide breakthrough, we should just embrace it and be happy that we will get the opportunity to enjoy him for much much longer ;)

Yup, I think so too. But there are going to be a lot more mika fans!! We should start a group for everyone who was a fan BEFORE wag.

Haha, do you remeber when he was giving that interview and he was talking about coming up with LICM, and he said

"My record company wasn't very happy with LICM, they wanted something simple and easy like, 'love today', and I was like 'NO! We can't do that!'"

:blush-anim-cl: just remebering all those fun little pre-wag moments . . . . .

...:thumb_yello:

yes, and that someone would like to add examples from the top of her head now: :biggrin2:

Sheer Heart Attack

The Game

A Kind of Magic

The Miracle

Innuendo

Made In Heaven

...sorry for the obviously biased examples:naughty:

Everything I cannot understand what correct date?? On 21th September or on 22th September??? To whom to trust?? To mikasounds.com or business Wire?:blink:

Lena it will be released in western Europe on 21 September and in North America on 22 September.

I am not certain about dates in other countries.

yeah we feel a bit like parents who's kid is moving out and the house feels so empty afterwards. But on the other hand why not feel like friends and just move with him. I think he would prefer that alot

Yes, the thing is that I can see him reach another level of stardom with this album but I don't think we should be too much worried about his handling of it all. He has already proved he keeps his feet firm on the ground.:wink2:

My only worry with this kind of superstardom status he might achieve one day is that his freedom to go wherever he wants to go and do whatever he wants to do will be restricted. And that would inevitably impact not only his behaviour but also his creativity. For what do you write about in an ivory tower???

Anyway, already too much worries put into something that we have not even seen the signs of happening... :cool:

Yes, the thing is that I can see him reach another level of stardom with this album but I don't think we should be too much worried about his handling of it all. He has already proved he keeps his feet firm on the ground.:wink2:

My only worry with this kind of superstardom status he might achieve one day is that his freedom to go wherever he wants to go and do whatever he wants to do will be restricted. And that would inevitably impact not only his behaviour but also his creativity. For what do you write about in an ivory tower???

Anyway, already too much worries put into something that we have not even seen the signs of happening... :cool:

Wise words...as ever!:wub2:

Yup, I think so too. But there are going to be a lot more mika fans!! We should start a group for everyone who was a fan BEFORE wag.

Haha, do you remeber when he was giving that interview and he was talking about coming up with LICM, and he said

"My record company wasn't very happy with LICM, they wanted something simple and easy like, 'love today', and I was like 'NO! We can't do that!'"

:blush-anim-cl: just remebering all those fun little pre-wag moments . . . . .

i dun think we need to classift b/n the two, as long as those new fans truely luv n understand mika as we all do now:thumb_yello: i only dislike those who come coz he's popular / on top of charts or those who are only into several songs but claim themselves to be die-hard fans:sneaky2:

i dun think we need to classift b/n the two, as long as those new fans truely luv n understand mika as we all do now:thumb_yello: i only dislike those who come coz he's popular / on top of charts or those who are only into several songs but claim themselves to be die-hard fans:sneaky2:

I guess you're right . . . . . :bow:

I do dislike people like that though, "Fake Fans" :bash:

I wish they would just go away and leave our fun little mika world. :sneaky2: