'Ci parliamo da grandi' - by Mika sang by Eros Ramazzotti 2008

Yes, but why the discussion about whether we should talk about this song or not?

That's what I don't get.

me too i really dont understand...

for one year i tryed to defend his privacy, now that HE spoke about this song i really can speak about!

me too i really dont understand...

for one year i tryed to defend his privacy, now that HE spoke about this song i really can speak about!

Oh.. we're on the same page now :shocked::lmfao::huglove:

okaaaaaaytyyyyy,all this mess to get to this...did he talk about it in public??Yes,he did.And now where's the problem,we can talk about it!!Relax,guys!!

this is exactly my opinion :thumb_yello:

okaaaaaaytyyyyy,all this mess to get to this...did he talk about it in public??Yes,he did.And now where's the problem,we can talk about it!!Relax,guys!!

Who is not relaxed? I know allegra long enough to have a bloody good argument with her and still be friends, don't I allegra? :thumb_yello:

Not that I am arguing on this occasion.

Who is not relaxed? I know allegra long enough to have a bloody good argument with her and still be friends, don't I allegra? :thumb_yello:

you are my favourite The Producer, you know :original:

don't worry...as I told Karla,I was a bit worried because it felt like this discussion was changing into an arguement,and it wouldn't be fine.

I wish that people would not imply that there are things that Mika is upset about or doesn't want discussed on MFC because of some secret thing they overheard him say that cannot be discussed in public and that it is some violation of his privacy.

If Mika had a secret he would not be revealing it to a bunch of fans on the street who are often armed with cameras so I find this kind of talk ridiculous.

Sorry Laura this is not aimed at you in particular but this kind of thing has been going on forever on MFC and I wish people would either speak about their conversations with Mika freely as Mellody did when she was reporting back about the iTunes tickets. Or if you don't feel comfortable talking about it for whatever reason, just don't mention it at all.

I'm not speaking as a mod here telling anyone what they should or shouldn't say...I just personally think it's bad etiquette on a forum and I don't like all the guilt tripping that goes along with it, implying that people are not respecting Mika's wishes, etc. when no one is clear what Mika's wishes are because the facts are not being discussed openly. There is also the implication here that people are somehow special because Mika is revealing secrets to them that he wouldn't want other fans to know and it's just bad form IMO.

I wish that people would not imply that there are things that Mika is upset about or doesn't want discussed on MFC because of some secret thing they overheard him say that cannot be discussed in public and that it is some violation of his privacy.

If Mika had a secret he would not be revealing it to a bunch of fans on the street who are often armed with cameras so I find this kind of talk ridiculous.

Sorry Laura this is not aimed at you in particular but this kind of thing has been going on forever on MFC and I wish people would either speak about their conversations with Mika freely as Mellody did when she was reporting back about the iTunes tickets. Or if you don't feel comfortable talking about it for whatever reason, just don't mention it at all.

I'm not speaking as a mod here telling anyone what they should or shouldn't say...I just personally think it's bad etiquette on a forum and I don't like all the guilt tripping that goes along with it, implying that people are not respecting Mika's wishes, etc. when no one is clear what Mika's wishes are because the facts are not being discussed openly. There is also the implication here that people are somehow special because Mika is revealing secrets to them that he wouldn't want other fans to know and it's just bad form IMO.

Here, Here!! :thumb_yello:

I have just come home from a lovely summer day by a lake and I find there is some argument going on again and on this thread??? :shocked:

I have yet to read back what the discussion was about but in the meantime let me send you proof that the identity of Alice has been questioned for a loooooong loooong time (:cool:) :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlzn9lVUMtE

Relax people , relax :biggrin2:

Oh darn, why am I so late in this discussion, I always seem to miss the fun these days :roftl:.

Everything has been said but just to quote a couple of things:

Hey Laura, sorry to disappoint you but i was happy but not excited.

and i dont understand english but you dont understand italian (my italian of course)..

i never sayd to you that i understood that he will perform the song, i understood (and i told you) that he sayd that maybe he will perform it in an acoustic radio session.

And when he spoke very softly he was speaking to me!

So... to resume for people that were not there

(and i'm quite sad to do that, because usually i dont report conversation in public forum):

- i asked him

"will you performe We Are Golden live?"

he replied

"at Itunes festival? absolutely yes"

and then we jocking about the choirs by us

and then i asked him

"any chance to listen the original version of the song "ci parliamo da grandi" by you, in english? maybe in a gost track in the next album or in the 10th album"

he replied

"no, bla bla bla" (here i really did not understand and you kindly told me, after, that he sayd "i will never release* this song" )

but then he added:

"but, maybe, i will play it acousticly in some radio session"

people were there can confirm, i think

please dont challenge my memory, i repeat, i dont speak english but i have good memory

* and it is obvious because it is a Ramazzotti song now

Your account of the chat is the same as what he said on the radio, so I am inclined to believe this version of the events.

Also, what Robi and Christine are saying: he totally volunteered this information, nobody was trying to get it out of him.

They didn't even believe him to start with!

then he must be really confused...cause he spoke about it after his own decision, without being asked at all!:naughty:

they could not believe him...they asked twice!

i think he was determined in talking about it, it was time.

anyone in italy, in the business of this song, lyrics author and performer, all were discrete about it, they never mentioned him in public.

he deliberately decided to talk about it, so we can be fine.

Exactly :naughty:

I totally agree with what you said here.

And my conclusion about the matter is that it's all pretty self explanatory, really: if he wasn't proud of the song he wouldn't have let anyone record it and use his name on it, fullstop.

I'm sure that besides the boyzone fiasco there may have been other situations where he has been approached/considered/even recorded something written for someone else, and the reason why it didn't work out in the end was that he wasn't a 100 percent happy with it, so if this one went ahead it must mean that he's totally ok with it. End of story :naughty:.

In the radio program he was not only not asked about it, but he TOTALLY spontaneously blurted it all out, and then again when they thought that he was joking, he insisted again. To me that is quite clearly a case of not having any problems with the song at all.

There is a short clip of him singing it in the Italian interview today. Just a line or two. But no demo that I know of.

I'm sure there are many demos that we will never hear.

How to me to find out this interview? It seems to me, now here there is so a lot of interviews ...

I do not understand, about what it is sung in a song, but it is valid, it so is beautiful that it causes involuntary tears. From the first chord

lena

the italian lyrics are about a father and her daughter, who's becoming of age and the moment when parents see their children grow up and leave from them.

Eros Ramazzotti actually has got a daughter becoming a grown up...so i guess he's dedicating the song to their relationship.

not sure that was the original idea by Mika though :wink2:

here's the link to download the interview:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/hbbn5y

the short lyrics Mika is singing (thanks Suzie!):

Looking back at my face in the mirror

I couldn’t understand

Would my face be any clearer

To a woman or a man

how i wish to listen to the whole song! :wub2:

Edited by robertina

the italian lyrics are about a father and her daughter, who's becoming of age and the moment when parents see their children grow up and leave from them.

Eros Ramazzotti actually has got a daughter becoming a grown up...so i guess he's dedicating the song to their relationship.

not sure that was the original idea by Mika though :wink2:

yes, we'll only know the original song if Mika decides to sing it one day:wink2: .. or if we get hold of the original demo recording:naughty:

But,now I'm asking myself:did Eros Ramazzoti ask Mika for doing it,or did Mika offer his help for it?And,if Ramazzotti asked Mika...WHY DID HE CHOOSE HIM??Perhaps he understood that Mika has a big,big,big heart,and that's what you need to write such a touching song...

Well, I am most certain Mika was not ’selected’ because of his heart. Eros is not a :fangurl:

In fact, based on the quote from Eros that Vix posted earlier on this thread, he seems to have had no idea what Mika’s involvement was in the song and they probably never met, either.

mmm...maybe because of something like the demos thing...or maybe just because he didn't want to talk about it in public before yesterday...

I can be completely wrong, but to me the tricky part is that this song is supposed to be a Guy Chambers song to which some Alice added a few things. :fisch:

Italy’s most famous male popstar is unlikely to have wanted to work with any unknown name on the only new song for his Greatest Hits compilation but is likely to have loved the idea of working with Robbie Williams's songwriter. :cool:

So, I don’t know how songwriting work was shared between the two and whether royalties received correctly reflect that but this whole thing just sounds awkwardly weird for me. I’d like to hear Guy Chamber’s recollection of the events.:naughty: