• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Fanny!

I did love this video of WAG straight away, it reminded me of the crazyness of my teens (I am still crazy, but hiding it most of the time), I love Mika making a fool of himself, but this is just my opinion, my own experiences.

Thanks. Loved it- didn't go much for the remix when it was only the music

This might be a dumb question but you were looking for the remix version weren't you?

If you were looking for the official We Are Golden video it is here:

http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/search/Mika+we+are+golden/video/xa0emr_mika-we-are-golden-clip-officiel_music

I just thought I should make sure as they keep removing all the youtube official versions within a short time.

too exhausted now to write another essay about how my words have been misinterpreted.. off for bed.

one quick word. Love the video and it never came too soon. end of the story

nite, everyone. :teehee:

too exhausted now to write another essay about how my words have been misinterpreted.. off for bed.

one quick word. Love the video and it never came too soon. end of the story

nite, everyone. :teehee:

Good night Avoca! I never misunderstood your words and I appreciate what you do for the MFC! Sweet dreams

Well, well, well... the director IS GOOD :thumb_yello: ! He even provided Sire with props :wink2: !

Cheers,

Id3

:roftl: You are a wicked boy!:biggrin2:

I feel compelled to report that my four yr old and I are having an argument about the title of the song. She really likes the song and the video, but is insisting that it is called "Teenage Jean", cos that's what she hears at the beginning of the clip. I've tried to tell her that he's actually singing Teenage Dream at that point, and that the song is called We Are Golden, but she's incredibly stubborn on this point and I am apparently quite wrong.

I'm just gonna save my breath until she learns to read. Then she'll be able to see for herself:aah:

Irony - I don't see the irony in the vid.

But then again I am Canadian & apparently we don't use:shocked::shocked: irony. Hahaha!

I even read over the definition to make sure I do know what it is.:teehee::teehee:!

I didn't say Canadians don't use irony. Just that we don't use the term "irony" regularly when describing humour the way the Brits do. We call it satire and sarcasm I suppose. :dunno:

Well I remember my English teacher trying to convince us that irony didn't absolutely always have to be funny, but it not often used otherwise in England. Often for humour with a purpose- but that's still humour.

Mind, though irony can be most of the things in laura's dictionary, I don't really think it conveys what irony is- not as I understood it, anyway

Having said that, I wouldn't call the vid ironic

This is what I was getting at...that the Brits use "ironic" to describe humour in a way that is distinct from that literary definition everyone in Canada learns studying English at school.

Although as I said I don't see how this video is ironic by any understanding I have of the word (or of the video!).

Okay, my thoughts aren't much different from the amazing praises and reviews that have already been offered, but I have watched it approximately 3.6 million times since (was it just yesterday?) it came out and just wanted to share one of my favorite moments:

The way he scrunches up his eyebrows form 1:44-1:46 when he sings, "I was a boy". LOVE that! :wub2: Seriously. The look of concern... idk something is just so genuine and... intimate about it. LOVE.

Also, does anyone else think that this must have been the most exhausting video in the history of modern music to make? I mean, you figure they had him mouthing the entire song in each of the different outfits/scenarios, and then just chose highlights to splice together. That PLUS all the swinging and jumping (and flexing:roftl: ) must have been quite the workout. Perhaps the rehearsals alone were enough to get in shape for the vid! :biggrin2:

I feel compelled to report that my four yr old and I are having an argument about the title of the song. She really likes the song and the video, but is insisting that it is called "Teenage Jean", cos that's what she hears at the beginning of the clip. I've tried to tell her that he's actually singing Teenage Dream at that point, and that the song is called We Are Golden, but she's incredibly stubborn on this point and I am apparently quite wrong.

I'm just gonna save my breath until she learns to read. Then she'll be able to see for herself:aah:

Oh the patience of mothers- I love it

I didn't say Canadians don't use irony. Just that we don't use the term "irony" regularly when describing humour the way the Brits do. We call it satire and sarcasm I suppose. :dunno:

This is what I was getting at...that the Brits use "ironic" to describe humour in a way that is distinct from that literary definition everyone in Canada learns studying English at school.

Although as I said I don't see how this video is ironic by any understanding I have of the word (or of the video!).

Irony (UK definition) tends to depend on a knowledge not obvious from whatever is being ironic. If the vid showed MIka getting the song off youtube before dancing to it, that would be ironic- having to show someone nicking a songi to identify with the target audience for a vid trying to sell a song. That's couldn't be called sarcasm- though it could be satire I suppose- I've forgotten the difference between satire and irony and its very subtle anyway. Would it be ironic by the Canadian definititon?

It's quite a precise literary word- though its hard to define. And either poeple are seeing something here that I'm not, or I'd say quite firmly that its not ironic. So I wish, like you, that someone would give an example of something specific, in the vid, that they see as ironic.

Okay, my thoughts aren't much different from the amazing praises and reviews that have already been offered, but I have watched it approximately 3.6 million times since (was it just yesterday?) it came out and just wanted to share one of my favorite moments:

The way he scrunches up his eyebrows form 1:44-1:46 when he sings, "I was a boy". LOVE that! :wub2: Seriously. The look of concern... idk something is just so genuine and... intimate about it. LOVE.

Also, does anyone else think that this must have been the most exhausting video in the history of modern music to make? I mean, you figure they had him mouthing the entire song in each of the different outfits/scenarios, and then just chose highlights to splice together. That PLUS all the swinging and jumping (and flexing:roftl: ) must have been quite the workout. Perhaps the rehearsals alone were enough to get in shape for the vid! :biggrin2:

Love that moment also!!!! It touched me in a special way....

That's so cute! I'm now not going to be able to get 'Teenage Jean' out of my head when I hear that bit of the song, but that's okay!

Also, does anyone else think that this must have been the most exhausting video in the history of modern music to make? I mean, you figure they had him mouthing the entire song in each of the different outfits/scenarios, and then just chose highlights to splice together. That PLUS all the swinging and jumping (and flexing:roftl: ) must have been quite the workout. Perhaps the rehearsals alone were enough to get in shape for the vid! :biggrin2:[/quote]

Personally, I think he seems so convincing at being a 'teenager' again in this vid, jumping about pretending to be a popstar etc, that I reckon he still does this in his bedroom so he's had lots of (recent) practice! :roftl:

The difference between him and 'real' teenagers though is that he can actually lip-synch to his own, and not some other popstars', songs LOL!! :biggrin2:

BTW, did anyone else get this email? I received it last night - sorry if already posted elsewhere!

WE ARE GOLDEN VIDEO - WATCH IT NOW!

Mika's infectious comeback single 'We Are Golden' is hitting the shops on September 7th, but there's no need to wait till then.

From 9am GMT this Friday you can watch the brand new video exclusively on QASHQAIsland - a video playlist celebrating 50 years of Island Records.

The video is a fabulous celebration of all the years Mika spent dancing around his bedroom as a teenager. Expect extensive scenes of a very animated Mika wearing nothing but pants. You have been warned!

Click here to seek out the audio-visual explosion of 'We Are Golden'.

The video will remain exclusively housed on QASHQAIsland (along with past Mika classics like 'Grace Kelly', 'Big Girl (You Are Beautiful)' and 'Lollipop') until Saturday, when it'll be available to view on mikasounds.com.

'WE ARE GOLDEN' VIDEO COMPETITION

Are you golden? Mika wants you to show what you're made of!

Record a 'response' to Mika's 'We Are Golden' video - dance around your room in your pants, go crazy, have fun (but keep it clean!) and you could be in with a chance of winning a truly golden experience. Everyone who enters the competition will get 500 points for MIKA'S MAGIC NUMBERS (only one entry per person)

The top 5 (personally chosen by Mika) will get to attend a meet-and-greet with Mika himself at a live show in their home country.

What's more, the overall winner will have their video permanently profiled on the video section of mikasounds.com AND they'll earn a whopping 50,000 points for Mika's Magic Numbers.

Well then - what are you waiting for?

Get your fancy pants on, record your video and you can upload it from Weds Aug 5th @ http://www.wearegolden.com!

Everyone!

I don't know if you know already, but I've just found out so I may be a little slow, but if you go on iTunes you can pre-order the album and listen to 30 seconds of all of the songs :shocked:

I havn't seen anyone else say anything about it but I doupt I'm the first to notice. Should there be a thread about this?

As deeply as I :wub2::fangurl: Sire, if you have to order them through Sandbag I'll pass and buy it at a gig :naughty: .

We've bought three copies of the ep but I must say that the one from SDBG has brought my blodd pressure to worrying heights :wink2: !

Cheers,

Id3

Edited by identicaltwin3

BTW, did anyone else get this email? I received it last night - sorry if already posted elsewhere!

WE ARE GOLDEN VIDEO - WATCH IT NOW!

Mika's infectious comeback single 'We Are Golden' is hitting the shops on September 7th, but there's no need to wait till then.

From 9am GMT this Friday you can watch the brand new video exclusively on QASHQAIsland - a video playlist celebrating 50 years of Island Records.

The video is a fabulous celebration of all the years Mika spent dancing around his bedroom as a teenager. Expect extensive scenes of a very animated Mika wearing nothing but pants. You have been warned!

Click here to seek out the audio-visual explosion of 'We Are Golden'.

The video will remain exclusively housed on QASHQAIsland (along with past Mika classics like 'Grace Kelly', 'Big Girl (You Are Beautiful)' and 'Lollipop') until Saturday, when it'll be available to view on mikasounds.com.

'WE ARE GOLDEN' VIDEO COMPETITION

Are you golden? Mika wants you to show what you're made of!

Record a 'response' to Mika's 'We Are Golden' video - dance around your room in your pants, go crazy, have fun (but keep it clean!) and you could be in with a chance of winning a truly golden experience. Everyone who enters the competition will get 500 points for MIKA'S MAGIC NUMBERS (only one entry per person)

The top 5 (personally chosen by Mika) will get to attend a meet-and-greet with Mika himself at a live show in their home country.

What's more, the overall winner will have their video permanently profiled on the video section of mikasounds.com AND they'll earn a whopping 50,000 points for Mika's Magic Numbers.

Well then - what are you waiting for?

Get your fancy pants on, record your video and you can upload it from Weds Aug 5th @ http://www.wearegolden.com!

Not another competition and mention of his stupid MMN :sneaky2: ?

The guy's soooo suicidal :shocked: !

Cheers,

Id3

Well, like your four-year-old, I am very stubborn and I CAN'T SEE ANYTHING...

And stop annoying the little genius : her title is way better :thumb_yello: than stupid WAG... keep up the fight, girl :devil: !

Cheers,

Id3