The Official "The Boy Who Knew Too Much ERA" Charts & Sales around the world Thread

Showtunes17

i think that wrong information huh? or told to cazgirl?

I was referring to the blog that Blossom posted. It says:

"Remember when we told you that Mika’s second single from his new album was ‘Blame It On The Girls‘? Well we lied. Apparently the UK is getting ‘Rain’ instead (above and below), while everyone else gets ‘Blame’."

It is not true. In several other countries it will be Rain, too. It is not UK specific:wink2:

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just found this:

http://www.wearepopslags.com/2009/mika-rain-second-single/

That makes things a lot clearer now! :biggrin2:

I disagree with the last paragraph, though...

How dare they say Mika should write songs he can actually sing!! I've left a comment anyway. At least Mika DOES sing live, and sounds amazing doing it!!!!!

I was referring to the blog that Blossom posted. It says:

"Remember when we told you that Mika’s second single from his new album was ‘Blame It On The Girls‘? Well we lied. Apparently the UK is getting ‘Rain’ instead (above and below), while everyone else gets ‘Blame’."

It is not true. In several other countries it will be Rain, too. It is not UK specific:wink2:

Ohh ok thanks sunshine :biggrin2:

Rain will blast everyone away :mf_lustslow:

^ I agree, i think it'll be a huge hit :D He just better release it before the x factor malarkey kicks in...i.e. xmas.

Yeh I just feel it too , one reason is that it will hit the clubs and pubs and open up another huge audience .

Grace Kelly remixes I would hear all the time in pubs , WAG errr no .. we need rain :wub2:

"Why doesn't he write songs he can actually sing?"

What the heck does that mean????

I know I am fan but I am not delerious.

I would know if Mika can't sing a song.

Sheesh!!

I love both Rain & BIOTG!!:thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

I agree that's a stupid comment to make. Of course Mika can sing :sneaky2:

I think what the blogger (I won't say journalist :sneaky2:) was getting at, albeit clumsily, was that on that performance of Rain, Mika was very slightly off key on some of his falsetto notes, as he sometimes is. I am a fan too (of course :teehee:) but I still notice these things...

HOWEVER, to suggest Mika writes songs that he can't sing is just crass isn't it, and so wrong! :sneaky2:

I truly think Rain is a real grower and as others have said here, it will get played in clubs and pubs and will get into people's heads. It's the perfect choice for next single and at last it does look as if IS going to be second single, thank the Lord!! :aah: Hurry up and get it out before the Xmas rush Mika!!! :shocked:

I think what the blogger (I won't say journalist :sneaky2:) was getting at, albeit clumsily, was that on that performance of Rain, Mika was very slightly off key on some of his falsetto notes, as he sometimes is. I am a fan too (of course :teehee:) but I still notice these things...

Totally agree...:thumb_yello:

I think blogger obviously realised that Mika did not aways hit some of the high notes. However, he should have worded his comment differently, like ..'Mika should perform songs in a lower key' or 'Mika should make sure he stays in key during his energetic live performances'...etc :teehee:

His wide vocal range is his trademark. I love how he is using it on record :mf_lustslow: but I do wish he concentrated a bit more on reaching the perfect pitch with the most difficult notes during live performances.:teehee: ..

Sometimes I wish his Russian singing teacher from childhood occassionally sat beside him at gigs and shouted at him if needed: "Нет Мика, концентрате!" :glasses3:

HOWEVER, to suggest Mika writes songs that he can't sing is just crass isn't it, and so wrong! :sneaky2:

I truly think Rain is a real grower and as others have said here, it will get played in clubs and pubs and will get into people's heads. It's the perfect choice for next single and at last it does look as if IS going to be second single, thank the Lord!! :aah: Hurry up and get it out before the Xmas rush Mika!!! :shocked:

Well I actually left a comment, basically saying that at least Mika DOES sing live, and puts all of his heart and soul into his performance and his shows! I'm also loving his dance moves, especially when he dances on his tip-toes! When you see Mika, you always know you will get a PERFORMANCE. That is the main thing.

But I did enjoy his performance of Rain on Jools Holland.

I have left a comment on the US chart thread. I always love a chance to promote Mika. Forgot to link it to my reply, but it's only the one above me so that's okay.

Hi Marilyn - nice comment!:thumb_yello:

I am about to leave a comment too.

I also have written comments everywhere I find TBWKTM listed for some chart

especially billboard this time out.

It can't hurt.

I commented too :thumb_yello:

Leaving comments is something we all should do, especially on the American sites because as we know, he doesn't get the airplay. So Hopefully Americans who read our comments will take a web-walk to YouTube to see what we mean!

Then more album sales for The Mighty Mika will happen.

That's what I hope anyway!!

Edit: So glad about Rain! And adding his version of acustic Pokerface is a stroke of genius as it will attract all the Gaga fans as well!!!

Edit#2 I've just read the other comments. They are beautiful and make me so proud of this fanclub!

Edited by Marilyn Mastin

TBWKTM climbs to 336,000 albums sold as of October 16/09!:thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

It hasn't been a month yet!

Mika rises steadily & sales in North America should be increasing nicely now with the 1955 Tour happening!

Bravo Mika!! Kudos!:woot_jump::woot_jump:

Video is out so should start circulating on music channels asap plus he is rumoured to being doing children in need :D

Well he is doing a show at Royal Albert Hall with Take That and others, but I wish they'd have him on the actual Children In Need TV show! That would be awesome!!