The Official "The Boy Who Knew Too Much ERA" Charts & Sales around the world Thread

Showtunes17

Here are today's Apple Itune Charts!

TBWKTM is #2 in France & LICM is #9 in France.

YAHOO! It has happened twice now that both LICM & TBWKTM have appeared in the chart of a country at the same time.

YEA Spain & now France!:thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

Back to the Top Pop Album Charts:

TBWKTM is:

#2 in France.

#5 in Italy.

#7 in Spain.

LICM is:

#6 in Portugal.

#7 in Luxembourg.

#9 in France.

Now I can't wait for Kick Ass (We Are Young) to show up in the charts!

Go Mika!!

I'm not surprised though with France ... they do adore him quite abit :wink2:

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is kind of kewl though to see LICM & TBWKTM on the same chart in 2010.

Bravo Spain & Bravo France!!:thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

I just really really wish the UK would show him the same kind of appreciation .... :(

It saddens me ... but it is what it is I guess :aah:

I just really really wish the UK would show him the same kind of appreciation .... :(

France rock. Uk, not so much. They just like rappers that sound like jamaican people and girls that cant sing

I understand your disappoinment with the UK.

I am thoroughly ashamed of my country, Canada, when it comes to Mika this time around.

Other than Quebec we have totally dissed Mika!!:aah::aah:

The UK kinda sucks for music right now. It was the same situation for me before Mika arrived - I just listened to J-Pop because I was so bored of it all. But then Mika came along...and I still love Mika...but there's no other music out there that bounces off of his, y'know? There's not enough pop music over here IMO, and Mika's getting hidden in the shadows. You'd have thought it would make him stand out, but if people are constantly listening to a different genre cos it's all that's out there, that's what's gonna happen.

However, Mika isn't exactly doing too badly. Think of money he's received from:

- LiCM

- LiCM singles

- Tours from 07, 08, 09 and 10

- Two DVD's

- TV shows

- Interviews

- Kick Ass

- S4S

- TBWKTM

I mean, I know that all costs money to make and stuff, but you need to spend money to MAKE money, and remember, this is all GLOBAL, not just the UK. If he's managed to pay off his parent's mortgage, play thousands of pounds for portraits and other weird things and goodness knows what else, then I don't think he's doing badly financially at least. Yes it would be nicer if he was more popular in the UK...but I remember at Hammersmith where loads of people kept shouting "I LOVE YOU MIKA!!"...as annoying as it was sometimes, it was also heartwarming and reassuring, because it's not just people on the MFC who love him...there are so many people out there who love him like we do and that's what matters :-)

The UK kinda sucks for music right now. It was the same situation for me before Mika arrived - I just listened to J-Pop because I was so bored of it all. But then Mika came along...and I still love Mika...but there's no other music out there that bounces off of his, y'know? There's not enough pop music over here IMO, and Mika's getting hidden in the shadows. You'd have thought it would make him stand out, but if people are constantly listening to a different genre cos it's all that's out there, that's what's gonna happen.

However, Mika isn't exactly doing too badly. Think of money he's received from:

- LiCM

- LiCM singles

- Tours from 07, 08, 09 and 10

- Two DVD's

- TV shows

- Interviews

- Kick Ass

- S4S

- TBWKTM

I mean, I know that all costs money to make and stuff, but you need to spend money to MAKE money, and remember, this is all GLOBAL, not just the UK. If he's managed to pay off his parent's mortgage, play thousands of pounds for portraits and other weird things and goodness knows what else, then I don't think he's doing badly financially at least. Yes it would be nicer if he was more popular in the UK...but I remember at Hammersmith where loads of people kept shouting "I LOVE YOU MIKA!!"...as annoying as it was sometimes, it was also heartwarming and reassuring, because it's not just people on the MFC who love him...there are so many people out there who love him like we do and that's what matters :-)

I don't think we were talking financially were we?

As far as finances go Mika is quite well off - more than you seem to imply here!

But I still don't think that is the priority.

Speaking for myself Canada & some other countires are just not "getting" Mika yet!

They will!:thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

I don't think we were talking financially were we?

As far as finances go Mika is quite well off - more than you seem to imply here!

But I still don't think that is the priority.

Speaking for myself Canada & some other countires are just not "getting" Mika yet!

They will!:thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

Oh I know we weren't really speaking financially, but Mika *is* doing alright. Just not in the places where we want him to be :aah:

Okay, I've an idea. I'm gonna write to Jo Whiley via Radio 1 website because I know she likes Mika. If I request Kick Ass to her, maybe she might have a few words with the people who deal with the playlist? :roftl::roftl:

Weeeelll ya gotta try.

Okay, I've an idea. I'm gonna write to Jo Whiley via Radio 1 website because I know she likes Mika. If I request Kick Ass to her, maybe she might have a few words with the people who deal with the playlist? :roftl::roftl:

Weeeelll ya gotta try.

Go for it!!

I have still been requesting Kick Ass at Radio 1!

Go for it!!

I have still been requesting Kick Ass at Radio 1!

"Hello Jo or whoever is reading this,

I'm a bit upset at the fact that Mika's song "Kick Ass (We Are Young)" is still not on your playlist. It is on Radio 2, and the song is due for release on May 3rd and it deserves every right to be popular. Radio 1 is a very popular Radio Station as I'm sure you are aware, but I think the single would benefit greatly if you played it.

I know Jo is a big fan of Mika and I'm sure she would also like this song to be successful. However, how can a song be popular if no-one knows about it? I see no reason as to why he shouldn't on your playlist. However, if there is a reason, please feel free to let me know as I am very confused as to why he has not been accepted.

Thank you for your time

Caroline"

I'm a bit upset at the fact that Mika's song "Kick Ass (We Are Young)" is still not on your playlist. It is on Radio 2, and the song is due for release on May 3rd and it deserves every right to be popular. Radio 1 is a very popular Radio Station as I'm sure you are aware, but I think the single would benefit greatly if you played it.

I know Jo is a big fan of Mika and I'm sure she would also like this song to be successful. However, how can a song be popular if no-one knows about it? I see no reason as to why he shouldn't on your playlist. However, if there is a reason, please feel free to let me know as I am very confused as to why he has not been accepted.

Thank you for your time

Caroline"

Bravo Caz!:thumb_yello::thumb_yello::flowers2::bow::bow:

Thank you for your time

Caroline"

That is brilliant. Well done! I have been getting in touch with the Radio One DJs, I shall get in touch with Jo right now, on my link below. I will also be tactful as she seems to like Mika. I will ask why it is that a title song from a blockbuster movie is not on the list, and I shall ask that she plays it!

But we need more people to email the DJs. Most of them will take no notice of two or three fans.

Come on everyone! Do it for Mika and let them know he is greatly loved! We don't actually have to say we love Mika, requesting his song and asking why he's not being played on R1 should speak volumes.

Edit: I've sent Jo an email. I said.

Dear Jo, I am really disappointed with radio One right now. Please restore my faith in the radio station by playing Mika's new single Kick Ass (We Are Young) I would also love to know why it is that a brilliant title song from a popular blockbuster move is not on Radio One's playlist? The single comes out next week and Mika deserves the chance to have his single in the charts. It is getting played on Radio 2, but he needs Radio One as well. From Marilyn M, Manchester

Edited by Marilyn Mastin

How did that even happen?!?!?! :roftl::roftl:

I think it's been available to download on certain sites for a few days, but this is astounding news because it's not released officially yet! I hope it gets high into the British charts very soon too!

Maybe a naked vlog would help! How about it Mika?

anyone else notice that they say in French interviews that he sold 19 million albums?:shocked::naughty:

Really? I wish! :lmfao:

I think it's been available to download on certain sites for a few days, but this is astounding news because it's not released officially yet! I hope it gets high into the British charts very soon too!

Maybe a naked vlog would help! How about it Mika?

You dirty woman! :roftl: Off to the Naughty Corner you go! Or Mikagasmics, wherever...if you can find it in the new maze :roftl: