Is "We Are Golden" a plagiarism song???

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW Being radically original in music - and in art in general -wasn't really important in the past, it's a relatively recent concept. For centuries the Old Masters were considered models and artists were supposed to take inspiration for their work from them.

BTW Being radically original in music - and in art in general -wasn't really important in the past, it's a relatively recent concept. For centuries the Old Masters were considered models and artists were supposed to take inspiration for their work from them.

But these days you have to pay the people whose work you use

Very interesting input. I didn't know that, but it makes perfect sense to me. If something - be it a song or a story or a painting - has the power to reach and touch people, why should it remain eternally locked up and untouched?

Recently I read the rules of life by the Dalai Lama, and he said something like: 'share your knowledge, it makes you immortal.' And it is true. Borrowing from and relating to artists whose work inspired you to a point that you want to refer to it in your own doing, does make them immortal. I can't see anything wrong in this. It's not theft, it's approval.

Very interesting input. I didn't know that, but it makes perfect sense to me. If something - be it a song or a story or a painting - has the power to reach and touch people, why should it remain eternally locked up and untouched?

Recently I read the rules of life by the Dalai Lama, and he said something like: 'share your knowledge, it makes you immortal.' And it is true. Borrowing from and relating to artists whose work inspired you to a point that you want to refer to it in your own doing, does make them immortal. I can't see anything wrong in this. It's not theft, it's approval.

Exactly! :thumb_yello:

it's true! not to be disrespectful in any way,but i'm pretty sure all of us notice that magnificent masterpieces are mostly innovated rather than created.so if the melody does sound a bit similar,let's not think of it as plagiarism.take it as an innovation :thumb_yello: