Is "We Are Golden" a plagiarism song???

She does not love Mika! Unless you do not see?? I am assured, she ransacks in an Internet in searches of other forums to distribute video.

There are such people which tear off wings of flies to look, that will be further. Not from a harm, but with curiosity. Here again too. To us have thrown a stick to look at our reaction.

Ah yes, welcome...

Wow Lena. I've never seen you get angry before.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok read all comments and its difficult with a thread like this .. this is my heaven and hell side here..

Hell side

This appears to be a newbie that has posted this on the MFC to wind us up , looks like they could be from a "Mika Hater" forum and has come on here to play with us and say hey .. great song but he copied it.

Heaven side

This is a newbie , we know nothing about them , we should not call them weird when its their first post , maybe they are a huge Mika fan and just wanted to post this to discuss

As a balanced MFC with views from all sides and free speech its hard to close.

BUT ... As you can see I understand all sides

I think you're Belinda Carlisle. :teehee:

:roftl: Campaigning for a writing credit methinks.

I have to say this sounds more to me like Belinda Carlisle than Relax ever sounded like that horrid I Just Died in Your Arms Tonight.

But it's such a small portion of the song and no one has made any truly original music in the past 15 or 20 years as far as I'm concerned so I'm not going to criticize Mika over something like this.

I am far more offended by no-talents like Gym Class Heroes outright sampling an old song and using it as the only melody and just sort of talking throughout the rest. I don't even know how you can call that music muchless original.

very harsh dont u think

I agree with you. Perhaps a bit offensive, too. :dunno:

I did apologise her when she introduced herself on another thread:wink2:

To me it was rather odd that someone creates a YT account only to post this video and then and registers on MFC to start a thread basically accusing Mika of plagism. :shocked:

If her intensions were good, I am sorry. I'd never do it to an artist I like but I understand we are all different in personality and probably different age group as well.

:dunno:

I think there are alot of songs out there that can always be compared to other songs, WAG is no exception, but I really don't think Mika wrote it to sound like Heaven is a place on earth, he is too brilliant for that :teehee: And as we are his fan club we are always going to pick fault at alot of the things that he does, not always meant intentionally, but when we see/hear things for the first time. WAG is a very different song to Heaven is a place on Earth imo.

Ok read all comments and its difficult with a thread like this .. this is my heaven and hell side here..

Hell side

This appears to be a newbie that has posted this on the MFC to wind us up , looks like they could be from a "Mika Hater" forum and has come on here to play with us and say hey .. great song but he copied it.

Heaven side

This is a newbie , we know nothing about them , we should not call them weird when its their first post , maybe they are a huge Mika fan and just wanted to post this to discuss

She is not Mikafan. Just close a thread and she interest will die away

Wow Lena. I've never seen you get angry before.

Yeees, such things act on me as a red cloth on the bull:huh:

Maybe Mika did get influenced by Belinda Carlisle, but I'm sure he will credit her on the new cd if that is the case. After all, he did it with Relax. No big deal :biggrin2:

Hell side

Heaven side

:thumb_yello:

I am far more offended by no-talents like Gym Class Heroes outright sampling an old song and using it as the only melody and just sort of talking throughout the rest. I don't even know how you can call that music muchless original.

I fully agree with you. :thumb_yello:..

There are so many 'artists' trying the easy way to have a hit single by sampling an old song and adding nothing to it.... Some songs scream of the performer not being able to come up with any decent original thing just relies on singing along to a well-known melody .... even Vivaldi in some cases:teehee:

It was actually not Belinda Carlisle herself writing the song but a professional songwriter producer who wrote a string of hits in the 80s and 90s, including severla other B.C. songs as well as songs for Dido, Texas, Sonique and Madonna to name but a few:wink2:

To me it was rather odd that someone creates a YT account only to post this video and then and registers on MFC to start a thread basically accusing Mika of plagism. :shocked:

If her intensions were good, I am sorry. I'd never do it to an artist I like but I understand we are all different in personality and probably different age group as well.

I can understand why u said what u did..... we are all different...... i was rather hurt and shocked that you called her a weirdo without even knowing her..... to me its discrimation.......... ok yes she may have created an account just to post a video that accuse's mika of plagism...... last time i checked half the songs out in the music industry could be considered plagism..... hardly any artists write there own music.... most of them are just repeats

IMO it is good and healthy that members react to strange looking posts like this one was from the beginning!:thumb_yello:

I have reported so many spams over the years, not saying that this was spam but it was a very unusual way to start a membership in a fan club!:wink2:

Lena .. we cant just close the thread , we cant stamp all over free speech

This phrase is translated strange and ambiguously for me :doh: but I know you do not offer bad:angel_not:

Ok. :wink2:

Anyway I don't find her post rude. The topic was a bit strange for a new user. But this thread can be useful, too. A wide variety of threads is important in a forum.

She is not Mikafan. Just close a thread and she interest will die away

Yeees, such things act on me as a red cloth on the bull:huh:

Maybe you're right Lena, but this is a public forum where people discuss things. It is important that anybody feels free to start a topic and discuss things in a friendly way. People can have a very different opinion on the same topic. The positive thing is that every single person gives a contribution based on their personal experiences, knowlegde and feelings. :thumb_yello:

I did apologise her when she introduced herself on another thread

has sara1002911 left now? :naughty: she hasn't said much since her first posts, what I don't understand is why she felt the NEED to come to MFC actually JOIN it and make this her first post, it comes across as kinda hostile and I think that is what got some peoples backs up a little. It's hard to be welcoming to what appears to be a bit of hostility just for the sake of it, I expect there is a deeper reason, we may never find that out though.

and YES I do hear a vague similarity but it doesn't bother me, I hear similarity's all the time these days with many artists, I just can't see the point to making a huge deal about it.

Yikes. "Plagiarism" is a strong word - especially used in the title of the thread, but I suppose it got some attention.

Perhaps "familiar", "similar" or "reminds me of" might have been better terms to use to at the MIKA Fan Club. :teehee:

But "hello" and "welcome". :biggrin2:

I had to quote these to agree. Yes, it's probably not the nicest thing to call someone a weirdo like that, but I also feel that if someone's presence on the internet (youtube in this case) seems to only be directed towards accusing Mika of plagiarism, and then after that they come here and start the same trend, it WILL get hostile reactions, and why the hell shouldn't it?

As Suzy said, it is the MFC, and the least that one would expect is some respect. If this person was already known for posting this sort of accusation on Youtube, which seems to be the case, I find Suzie's reaction totally understandable. So it's not pc to call her weirdo, fine, I accept that, but it's not kosher either to post things over the internet basically spreading venom like Sara seems to be doing.

Hell side

Heaven side

Ooooh heaven is a place on eaaaarth:mf_rosetinted:

:roftl:

Maybe you're right Lena, but this is a public forum where people discuss things. It is important that anybody feels free to start a topic and discuss things in a friendly way. People can have a very different opinion on the same topic. The positive thing is that every single person gives a contribution based on their personal experiences, knowlegde and feelings. :thumb_yello:

I agree with you... it is public forum but made for the sake of love to Mika, first of all

Each person can be exposed in unflattering light, but never we do not do it with our boy. Because we love Him. And all discussions and conversations at a forum are impregnated by love to Mika. Even jokes in His address or discontent with the next jacket are caused by love and care.

I'm just not hearing this so-called similarity with Heaven is a Place on Earth - and I listened to that song over and over again, oh, about 13 years ago. :roftl:

The only thing I've noticed is that in the acoustic version he did on a couple radio interviews, the opening sounds a bit like Walking in Memphis. But Heaven is a Place on Earth? I'm just not hearing it. I'll be thoroughly surprised if this is another Relax/Cutting Crew scenario and the writer(s) of the Belinda Carlisle song get credited. :bleh:

It was actually not Belinda Carlisle herself writing the song but a professional songwriter producer who wrote a string of hits in the 80s and 90s, including severla other B.C. songs as well as songs for Dido, Texas, Sonique and Madonna to name but a few:wink2:

Joke = ruined :emot-sad:

I'm sorry:huglove:

... but as others were saying that as well, I thought I'd separate fact from fiction..:teehee:

BC as a songwriter....makes me laugh:naughty:

:lol3: It's okay. I was sort of wondering anyways :teehee: