"The Boy Who Knew Too Much" Album

Giulietta

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:shocked: I predicted the first three words of his second album title, almost two years ago.

:aah:

Okay, so then why don't you LOVE it? :roftl:

It's not spectacularly genius, but WAG was hardly that either. Mika's just always been our boy, so I can't help but like it because it would make me think of him even if I'd heard it elsewhere - as apparently happened to you!

I probably didn't listen to any music at all that year apart from lullabies :naughty:, in fact I know, I was completely and utterly off pop/rock music at that time.

Pop music was terrible at the time. Think the only thing I really liked was Madonna's Ray of Light and even that was quite dancey/trancey for her. I was mostly going to clubs and listening to trance (even though I was already way too old for such things :teehee:).

But - if we here start calling the new album "The Boy" doesn't that totally negate Mika's new title, "The Boy Who Knew Too Much?"

I understand why we want to shorten the title & i get that the acronym doesn't work as well as LICM - but -I don't know - it seems disrespectful somehow doesn't it???

How does it negate it? The acronym would just look like nonsense so I don't see how that is any more or less respectful.

And really as long as people are yelling at Mika and sticking pens and cameras in his face, ogling over screenshots of his crotch, etc. I'm really not concerned about anyone disrespecting him by shortening the name of his album title on a message board for the sake of expediency. :aah:

I just now saw it after blue sky's post where she circled it. It took me forever... look at the red poster right at the end of where she circled, in the black letters it says "if" sideways. The smiley face poster is partially covering up the dot of the "i"

Hope that helps! Took me forever to see it. I don't really think it's purposely like that though.

That actually helps a lot, thanks. :aah: Yeah, totally unintentional.

It's not spectacularly genius, but WAG was hardly that either. Mika's just always been our boy, so I can't help but like it because it would make me think of him even if I'd heard it elsewhere - as apparently happened to you!

A very good point.:aah:. When someone texted me to tell me the title, I laughed almost ironically..it was strange, I thought..yes, the boy who..., it was like deja vu.:shocked:

I think my main bugbear with the title is it's a little too long, not quite snappy enough..I just liked the idea of a short title like We Are Golden. In general I do prefer short album titles, I don't know why.

Pop music was terrible at the time. Think the only thing I really liked was Madonna's Ray of Light and even that was quite dancey/trancey for her. I was mostly going to clubs and listening to trance (even though I was already way too old for such things :teehee:).

Funny you should mention Ray of Light, as I always associate that with that year too. You are right though, it was an awful awful time for pop. Boy bands and stuff, just terrible. I was happy to just listen to my baby's nursery rhyme tapes :aah:. How Mika-like :teehee:.

How does it negate it? The acronym would just look like nonsense so I don't see how that is any more or less respectful.

And really as long as people are yelling at Mika and sticking pens and cameras in his face, ogling over screenshots of his crotch, etc. I'm really not concerned about anyone disrespecting him by shortening the name of his album title on a message board for the sake of expediency. :aah:

:shocked:

I don't know anyone who would ogle over screenshots of his crotch ... certainly not me ... far too old and sensible to do that :blush-anim-cl:

Or I was before I became a Mika fan .... I don't ever remember ogling Damon's or Alex K's crotch :aah:

I swear it's an MFC thing :mf_rosetinted:

On a strange note ... when I was 16 ... I fell in love with one of those stupid teeny romance books ... read it constantly ... even stole a copy out of the library - (very very very sorry :bow:) it was complete nonsense - but it appealed to my sappy side

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Boy-Who-Was-Magic-Heartlines/dp/0330295772/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1249660469&sr=1-4

:naughty:

I still have it actually .... maybe I should read it again :wub2:

I am still struggling to like the new title which I am sure Mika worked really long & hard at.

The definition of expedience is: The use of methods that are advantageous rather than FAIR or JUST.

I would say that plays a part of my skepticism concerning the shortened name for Mika's work & why I am questioning if it is disrespectful.

Also it is just a question.

Oh my, in 1999, I was 7 years old, and I told my mom that I wanted to marry Aaron Carter. :blush-anim-cl: Nowhere near Mika. :teehee:

In 1999 my house burnt down and I nearly died ... ummmmm ... yep .... great year for me :lmfao:

I swear it's an MFC thing :mf_rosetinted:

I find a lot of things are MFC things. Collective madness. :teehee:

I am still struggling to like the new title which I am sure Mika worked really long & hard at.

The definition of expedience is: The use of methods that are advantageous rather than FAIR or JUST.

I would say that plays a part of my skepticism concerning the shortened name for Mika's work & why I am questioning if it is disrespectful.

Also it is just a question.

Well mine was just an answer. :wink2:

WAG was also used for the sake of expediency and Mika got a kick out of it.

But you know even if he hates it, that doesn't make its use disrespectful. Respect has more to do with intention than effect IMO and I feel the word "disrespect" shouldn't be used lightly since there are potentially far more grievous ways of disrespecting another human being.

Oh no! I'm sorry. :huglove:

Oh don't be ... lol ... I'm still here thankfully to talk about it ... lol ... which might have not have been the case .... I never even noticed when I looked at the cover that the envelope you can see was date-stamped 1999 ... you lot are far more observant than me :wink2: