"The Boy Who Knew Too Much" Album

Giulietta

The Album Formerly Known As We Are Golden :teehee:

TAFKAWAG sounds very catchy as a matter of fact:naughty:

Oh my, in 1999, I was 7 years old, and I told my mom that I wanted to marry Aaron Carter. :blush-anim-cl: Nowhere near Mika. :teehee:

Don't worry, I wanted to be a Spice Girl and marry a character from Pokemon:roftl:

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

TAFKAWAG sounds very catchy as a matter of fact:naughty:

Don't worry, I wanted to be a Spice Girl and marry a character from Pokemon:roftl:

Hee ... least you can actually say it .... :wink2:

Oh don't be ... lol ... I'm still here thankfully to talk about it ... lol ... which might have not have been the case .... I never even noticed when I looked at the cover that the envelope you can see was date-stamped 1999 ... you lot are far more observant than me :wink2:

Yes, it's good that you're here. :biggrin2:

I didn't notice any hidden details until they were pointed out to me either. I just though "Hmm, what a pretty cover!" :naughty:

Just love the artwork and the new title. So to the point!!! I'm really glad Mika's changed We Are Golden title - that was too obvious and from the beginning I was expecting a title that wouldn't be a song name at the same time. Am so excited now!!!

:aah:Which Pokemon character?

Gary:mf_rosetinted: But then he became a good boy and the infatuation was over. And I loved Mewtwo too, but even at that age I realized that it would be weird:roftl:

Gary:mf_rosetinted: But then he became a good boy and the infatuation was over. And I loved Mewtwo too, but even at that age I realized that it would be weird:roftl:

:roftl:

You could have mewtwo/human babies!

:aah:

When I was really little, I was in love with Sabastian from The Little Mermaid. :mf_rosetinted:

I love there´s a cassette on the floor. I miss those :roftl:

I like the artwork. I think i could spend days analyzing every little thing on it.

The title? For me it´s better than WAG but i try to picture Mika as a young James Stewart..and i don´t see it :naughty:

I love there´s a cassette on the floor. I miss those :roftl:

I like the artwork. I think i could spend days analyzing every little thing on it.

The title? For me it´s better than WAG but i try to picture Mika as a young James Stewart..and i don´t see it :naughty:

I love the details. I think his little feet are so cute(on the album cover, that is):teehee:

Edited by lala_lollies44

I love that everyone is getting nostalgic for 1999!

I can't remember any specifics from the rest of the year but I drove from Chester to London for the Millenium gig at Greenwich (in my Mick Hucknall loving days!!) then back home again.

I loved being in London that night...went for pizza and wine before the show and the city was buzzing...people in tuxedo's and frocks swigging champers from the bottle...everyone on a high...then waking down to Greenwich and enjoying the gig. When it was midnight it just went crazy!!

On the drive home it was really foggy and non of the services were open!! (For those who were too young - everyone thought that the moment the date changed to 2000 in every type of machinery that it would come to a grinding holt or that computer hackers would mess every thing up! Of course.....nothing happened!!:roftl::roftl::roftl:)

I drove home in a cold sweat incase we ran out of petrol!!!:blink:

Like Christine said (and others have commented on) I too wonder if I ever crossed paths with him when he was a teen and I was being a dutiful tourist! :naughty:

Around 1997/1998 I used to stay in the same two hotels whenever I visited London which were in his stomping ground!

^ That's an exciting possibility.

I remember I was in love with Aladdin when I was little. In 1999 I was four.. LOL. Didn't listen to much music back then, aside from my An Extremely Goofy Movie tape. Shake yo groove thang, shake yo groove thang, ya ya..! :)

ANYWAY. How does the cover-art process work, does anyone know? Does Mika tell Yasmin what he wants on it? Is it a joint project? Does he paint/draw too?

^ That's an exciting possibility.

I remember I was in love with Aladdin when I was little. In 1999 I was four.. LOL. Didn't listen to much music back then, aside from my An Extremely Goofy Movie tape. Shake yo groove thang, shake yo groove thang, ya ya..! :)

ANYWAY. How does the cover-art process work, does anyone know? Does Mika tell Yasmin what he wants on it? Is it a joint project? Does he paint/draw too?

When I was 4 I had a Wombles album ... :wub2: Ha .... I even had a toy Womble ... it went everywhere with me .... :boing:

Really? You strike me as more of a Wigglytuff kind of girl. :naughty:

I love the details. I think his little feet are so cute(on the album cover, that is):teehee:

His poor real life toesie-woesies get no love. :tears::roftl:

In 1999, I fancied myself a poet, was in the middle of my first real relationship, and spent the summer idolizing Billy Corgan from Smashing Pumpkins. Did I ever think that ten years later, I'd be obsessed with a kid from London who got a record deal? Nope. I barely knew where London was. I was 14, tentatively testing out the world I lived in, and Calgary was big enough for me. It didn't even register that there was a whole, wide world out there beyond the city limits. </nostalgia>

:teehee: And I made a typo!

It wasn't anything against his real feet, I just don't like feet.

I don't either! :shocked:

Here we go again :rolls_eyes:

I don't mind his feet though. :teehee:

Maybe I would if they were shoved in my face...

1999 was all about Y2K. Anyone else who knows what that means join me at the Oldlings' please:naughty:

Well of course!:wink2:

It was very easy to get caught up in the worries, but see, the world is still here and mostly the way we knew it!:naughty:

1999 was all about Y2K. Anyone else who knows what that means join me at the Oldlings' please:naughty:

Mais oui :naughty:- In 1999 I was working as technical support for computers in Dublin, and they rounded a huge group of volunteers to work through the night around the New Year's Eve/New Year, as this huge debacle was expected and they thought that we'd have millions of customers calling up in a panic :lmfao:

Of course, nothing happened, and we got paid a nice little bonus for sitting around watching dvd's all night :roftl:. Those were the times :wub2:.

Mais oui :naughty:- In 1999 I was working as technical support for computers in Dublin, and they rounded a huge group of volunteers to work through the night around the New Year's Eve/New Year, as this huge debacle was expected and they thought that we'd have millions of customers calling up in a panic :lmfao:

Of course, nothing happened, and we got paid a nice little bonus for sitting around watching dvd's all night :roftl:. Those were the times :wub2:.

:roftl::roftl:

I remember that at the time if you went to the bank you could see that the computers that passed the Y2K test had a sticker on them. To me it was all a big scam :teehee:

In 1999 I was in my final year of art school (after deciding not to pursue a Masters degree due to complete lack of interest and dedication), and was fully planning on moving to New York and getting a loft, spending my days illustrating and my nights networking (drinking) with the art director of Rolling Stone magazine and other fabulous people. Eventually, I would also be able to have a loft in Barcelona, where I would have many candles and lots of wine, and would paint scenes of the people that I'd see walking in the street as I watched them from my wall-to-wall windows. My Barcelona loft would be messy, with just a bed on one side and a full studio on the other, paint splattered on all the walls. Perhaps a cat wandering around. The New York loft would have to be smaller of course, but it would be in a good location.

I won't tell you what really happened since then... wouldn't want to burst anyone's bubble. :naughty:

Hey, are you talking about my life?!:shocked:

Stop stalking me! That'll teach me to close the curtains of my floor to ceiling loft windows:sneaky2:

1999 was the BEST year of my life. I can't tell a happier moment since then.

I was twelve and everything seemed to be going spectaculary fine. I had great holidays, a nice birthday party...I got the friend I always wanted to have,my first best friend. We were 35 people in my class and we talked to each other as if we were family. I was confident with my girls mates, and we laughed a lot talking about the soap opera of the moment with our teacher Isabel. They are the people who I'd always like to see again, and we try keep in touch as much as we can. We felt like we grew up together in primary school, and at that time we were leaving childhood behind...the close-down of a life phase , 'cause the following year I started high school and life changed completely to me.