Meet Up in Blackpool 5th Sept

kt4mika

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just seen this on the BBC 2 website

Watch highlights from BBC Radio 2's Empress Ballroom concert, featuring Mika, Daniel Merriweather, Pixie Lott, Will Young and Newton Faulkner by pressing the red button from the morning of Monday 7 September on any BBC channel on your digital TV.

Didn't know it was being broadcast on TV too ! :shocked:

I think we should perhaps leave the gold balloons then, I hope we can still wear the gold hats tho !! :biggrin2:

**Oh, as an aside my two year old has just looked at me typing and said "That's Mika - I like Mika !!" - I'm training him well :teehee:**

Ooooh and this too

Ahhh it won't cut and paste

Link is here http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/events/live-in-blackpool/2009/line-up/

Is this the order in which they were announced or the running order do we think ?

Mika

Pixie Lott

Newton Faulkner

Daniel Merriweather

Will Young

Will is headlining so of course last - what do we think ? :biggrin2:

Ooooh and this too

Ahhh it won't cut and paste

Link is here http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/events/live-in-blackpool/2009/line-up/

Is this the order in which they were announced or the running order do we think ?

Mika

Pixie Lott

Newton Faulkner

Daniel Merriweather

Will Young

Will is headlining so of course last - what do we think ? :biggrin2:

I think its the order in which they were announced.

I hope Mika isn't first on, because I'd like to enjoy the other acts, but I'll just be thinking too much about Mika's performance to concentrate on the others :naughty:

I am just going to wear black and gold. Don't have a golden hat but will have golden glitter in hair, hope that's golden enough. And maybe a bit of gold bling :naughty:

I hope Mika isn't first on, because I'd like to enjoy the other acts, but I'll just be thinking too much about Mika's performance to concentrate on the others :naughty:

I am just going to wear black and gold. Don't have a golden hat but will have golden glitter in hair, hope that's golden enough. And maybe a bit of gold bling :naughty:

I'm not sure were I'd rather he was, if he's on first I'll be too wrapped up in what I've just seen to really enjoy the other acts but if he's on last I might just be "come on i want to see Mika" and not enjoy the other acts because of that. The only solution is to scarp the other acts and let Mika do a full set!:naughty:

Gold glitter spray bought today. :thumb_yello::biggrin2: I hope there is enough left for us as I caught my son spraying it in his hair earlier! :blink:

Personally, I'd rather Mika be on last, otherwise it might be a case of him going early, and no chance of a chat after.

Will and Mika are the two most likely to be headlining, so I'll be surprised if the others would be higher on the bill than either of them.

Just seen this on the BBC 2 website

Didn't know it was being broadcast on TV too ! :shocked:

I think we should perhaps leave the gold balloons then, I hope we can still wear the gold hats tho !! :biggrin2:

**Oh, as an aside my two year old has just looked at me typing and said "That's Mika - I like Mika !!" - I'm training him well :teehee:**

Most BBC music events are filmed and broadcast the week after.

I guess I'll leave the balloons, can't see the hats being a problem though.

:shocked::shocked::shocked:

Ohhh my lord lovely???

If shes there Id prefer to party on mars!! no chance

With Simon Cowell?:naughty:

If Mika is on first I will eat my Golden Hat:shocked:

I don't think he will be

BTW - I was too excited to think properly - but the lights switch on is FRIDAY and the gig is SATURDAY. Switch on weekend is always busy, but there is a chance Friday may be busier than Saturday ! :biggrin2:

Man what a nightmare to get a hotel , me and Andi just got one and they called to say it was overbooked .. phew its busy there that weekend!:shocked:

We are on Hornby road .. should be there hmmmmm 3 ish :kachinga:

Yes, busiest weekend of the year no doubt.

Glad you got a hotel eventually Fred.:thumb_yello:

BTW - I was too excited to think properly - but the lights switch on is FRIDAY and the gig is SATURDAY. Switch on weekend is always busy, but there is a chance Friday may be busier than Saturday ! :biggrin2:

Blimey!

I told the hotel, I'd be there by 9pm!

Luckily they asked me to let them know of my progress, because the M6 on a Friday night is always a nightmare.

Maybe most people will be up and settled, if the lights are being turned on on Friday night, just have to battle the traffic through town.