I wish Mika were openly gay

Toy Boy 88

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Same. I'm quite happy imagining "the life of Mika" in my head rather than know what really happens behind closed doors. It's his business not mine.

Exactly. Because in the end, does it really make a difference?

Loving your avatar btw!:wub2:

Exactly. Because in the end, does it really make a difference?

It does not make a bit of a difference to me . . . in fact (of course) I would be a bit disappointed if he wasn't gay! :das: <but that is JUST me> :naughty:

I love Mika for the music and the PERSON that he is . . . . BUT BUT BUT -

. . . . would be nice IF he would just be open and honest . . . .

{like Rufus} so that there could be a positive role model out there for all the young guys and girls who feel like isolated :freak:

labels labels labels *are such stupid things* - but, in America he is already 'labeled' a gay artist . .. so :dunno: All I can say is IF I WERE LABELED SOMETHING that I was NOT - there is NO way I would NOT set the record straight <I said straight> :roftl: He just likes being all mysterious :das:

BUT - here in America the GAY community is in a uproar about the whole thing! The gays are pretty much disgusted with Mika at this point for as they say hiding in the closet - they lost ALL respect for him. So, in THIS country Mika is pretty much damned if he does - damned if he doesn't . . . . I HATE the ignorant peeps in this country . . . :mf_rosetinted:

Same. I'm quite happy imagining "the life of Mika" in my head rather than know what really happens behind closed doors. It's his business not mine.

I have a little fear that people will find out too much about his private life and it makes him uncomfortable. Just want see him happy and relaxed, best thing ever :wub2: On the other hand, knowing stories behind his songs makes them even more interesting. And I love it how he shares small things and tells what inspires him etc. That's why I miss his blog entries so much :wub2:

I can see where the gays are coming from when they want him to 'come out' because as an already condemned group it must be tough when someone appears gay but doesn't want to disclose his sexuality.

But I honestly support him if he wants to keep it a mystery. That's his call. He explained why he does it and that is good enough for me. I never understood the whole rolemodel thing anyway. Because usually when someone is classified as a rolemodel, it means that people want to be like that person. But to me that only surpresses individuality. Why does a proud openly gay have to be famous per se to set a good example for the rest of the world and the community. Yes they have more exposure, I can see that. But I think that generally when a (famous) straight guy supports gay guys openly it has more effect because then other straight man think "Oh if Brad Pitt supports gays, then maybe being gay is not bad." I have many gay friends, as a matter of fact one of my best friends is gay and I've never heard him say anything like 'I wish Mika would say he was gay to set an example for the rest of the community.' Simply because he knows that he can also make a difference himself by being proud of who he is.

Yes, if he says that he is gay, many of the 'fangurls' might go away. But maybe they weren't into his music that much anyway, just the image.

For me the most important thing is that he is happy with himself and his own choices. Because the hardest thing to do for anyone is go to sleep at night and regret everything you've done, just because you allowed people to push you in a corner.

Someone who speaks my language:thumb_yello:

Same...:tears: I know this song is really going to touch me and that I'll probably want to go up on stage when sings it, face streaming with tears and want to bear hug him :naughty:

I'll be right there with you:thumb_yello:

Changing the guidelines would do. You know. The mods follow the guidelines and are supposed to make people follow them.

If you open a thread on a "forbidden" topic, the thread will be deleted and its author banned for a certain amount of time. If you imply in a post that the artist is gay, no MFC tickets for you. Easy. Screw democracy! :biggrin2:

I'm sorry, but I feel really involved in all this. If I were a performer and I had a fan club where people say that I'm asexual because I've been single for a long time, I would ban people from the forum. I'm not joking. And I would also have a very poor opinion of my own fans. I would feel hurt and disappointed.

I wish Mika knew how to order people around without feeling bad about it.

:shocked:

But those guidelines would suggest that being gay is something negative and not to be dicussed.... I think most people here would disagree with that.

In fact, several gay fans have left already since 2007 which is a shame. I think they are absolutely entitled to believe Mika is gay if we have teenage girls calling themselves Mrs Penniman-to-be and posting photoshoped pictures of themselves dressed as a bride next to Mika...etc... This is not to offend anyone, my point is that gay guys are fully entitled to believe that Mika is gay and so is everyone. Dreams don't hurt, do they? :wink2:

I think this is quite a constructive thread, compared to the other one.

I think so, too:thumb_yello:

Anyway, what I wanted to say is as follows:

If you read between the lines, the first post asks if Mika’s possible coming out would influence the acceptance of other gay musicians ... Toy Boy clearly supposed Mika was gay (to which he is entitled to), but to me it translates into a theoretical question I’d like to discuss, though I am still not exactly sure if Toy Boy was referring to the gay musicians on the current music scene, wannabes or known gay musicians from the past like...Tchaikovsky (?) :naughty: Hopefully Toy Boy will come back and explain...:wink2: He might just simply meant the acceptance of gay people, though I do feel that gay musicians are almost automatically taken less seriously like any minorities, really.

[..... i think is not my bussines

if he say it, FINE! good for him :thumb_yello:

if he never speak about it ..... fine too:pinkbow:!

i can think a million of things that actually i want

to know about him, this is not in first places (not the first 500):sweatdrop:

and why the label of "gay music"?!?

for me MIKA is more than that, think about it

music is much more than a sexual matter ....

[..... i think is not my bussines

if he say it, FINE! good for him :thumb_yello:

if he never speak about it ..... fine too:pinkbow:!

i can think a million of things that actually i want

to know about him, this is not in first places (not the first 500):sweatdrop:

and why the label of "gay music"?!?

for me MIKA is more than that, think about it

music is much more than a sexual matter ....

*applauds*

You're the third person to say that now!! Lol!! I wasn't expecting to get any response from it all. Thank you :wub2:

Well it is pretty! Told you to be a model damnit!:naughty:

It does not make a bit of a difference to me . . . in fact (of course) I would be a bit disappointed if he wasn't gay! :das: <but that is JUST me> :naughty:

I love Mika for the music and the PERSON that he is . . . . BUT BUT BUT -

. . . . would be nice IF he would just be open and honest . . . .

{like Rufus} so that there could be a positive role model out there for all the young guys and girls who feel like isolated :freak:

labels labels labels *are such stupid things* - but, in America he is already 'labeled' a gay artist . .. so :dunno: All I can say is IF I WERE LABELED SOMETHING that I was NOT - there is NO way I would NOT set the record straight <I said straight> :roftl: He just likes being all mysterious :das:

BUT - here in America the GAY community is in a uproar about the whole thing! The gays are pretty much disgusted with Mika at this point for as they say hiding in the closet - they lost ALL respect for him. So, in THIS country Mika is pretty much damned if he does - damned if he doesn't . . . . I HATE the ignorant peeps in this country . . . :mf_rosetinted:

I respect gays and fully support them but to me it seems like when they stone Mika for not coming out, they place the blame on him and from a group who has been blamed and hated on so much this just doesn't seem right to me. So, if a gay boy decides not to join the gay marriage demonstration for various reasons of his own, he is not respected by the gay community? That's wrong.

Well it is pretty! Told you to be a model damnit!:naughty:

I respect gays and fully support them but to me it seems like when they stone Mika for not coming out, they place the blame on him and from a group who has been blamed and hated on so much this just doesn't seem right to me. So, if a gay boy decides not to join the gay marriage demonstration for various reasons of his own, he is not respected by the gay community? That's wrong.

1) And how many times have I told YOU to become one?! :roftl:

2) Screw all this "Mika would make a great gay role model" malarkey. There are plenty of other (respectable) gays to look up too as well. Admire Mika because of his sexuality? How about admire Mika for keeping his private life exactly what it should be - private?

People shouldn't be forced to out themselves, they can do whatever they please! Mika is a musician, not a soap opera character...

I kind of go back and forth about whether i'd like to know or not.

In one sense, I really don't want to know. And it annoys me when people ask about it and when people bug him about it. It's his business, and it really doesn't matter! I think it adds more mystery to his music which I love, and it makes people more inquisitive and curious about his music.

But in another sense, I kind of agree with Holly about how it might be better if he was just open and honest (like Rufus :naughty:). Think of all the drama it would save him and people wouldn't ask him about it anymore!

Overall though, I think lean more towards my first opinion.

. . . hey, I think it is wrong too . . . but that is how it is.

That reminds me of somehing Rufus said in Miami Beach - he was talking about Prop 8 and how it did not pass in Florida nor California (2 of the gayest states in America) . . . and the fact that he totally supports gay marriage and thinks that ALL human being should have the same rights - even though he himself does not EVER want to get married! :biggrin2:

Rufus Wainwright's gay? I didn't know that.

. . . I guess you have never heard him sing (or talk for that matter) :lmao:

he is as gay as you can possibly get. And I love his honesty and security of who he is. I personally LOVE it when someone (anyone) is out and open - but that is just MY personal feelings.

I don't care about Mika's sexuality - I DON'T CARE . . . .

it would not affect a damn thing that I feel about him or his music! I love him - I love the music nothing is going to change that . . . unless the music starts to totally suck . . . and we ALL know that is never going to happen . . so I am all good.

1) And how many times have I told YOU to become one?! :roftl:

2) Screw all this "Mika would make a great gay role model" malarkey. There are plenty of other (respectable) gays to look up too as well. Admire Mika because of his sexuality? How about admire Mika for keeping his private life exactly what it should be - private?

People shouldn't be forced to out themselves, they can do whatever they please! Mika is a musician, not a soap opera character...

1) Let's become midgetmodels together:roftl:

2) True!

. . . hey, I think it is wrong too . . . but that is how it is.

That reminds me of somehing Rufus said in Miami Beach - he was talking about Prop 8 and how it did not pass in Florida nor California (2 of the gayest states in America) . . . and the fact that he totally supports gay marriage and thinks that ALL human being should have the same rights - even though he himself does not EVER want to get married! :biggrin2:

I was just stating:naughty:

But it seems to hypocrit. They know how hard it is to out themselves so why are they forcing him to do that?

. . . I guess you have never heard him sing (or talk for that matter) :lmao:

he is as gay as you can possibly get. And I love his honesty and security of who he is. I personally LOVE it when someone (anyone) is out and open - but that is just MY personal feelings.

I don't care about Mika's sexuality - I DON'T CARE . . . .

i would not affect a damn thing that I feel about him or his music! I love him - I love the music nothing is going to change that . . . unless the music starts to totally suck . . . and we ALL know that is never going to happen . . so I am all good.

didn't he sing Hallelujah?