Chester Chronicle -August 10th - Mika At Blackpool

FREDDIESDOUBLE

Will Young, Mika, Daniel Merriweather, Pixie Lott and Newton Faulkner to perform at Radio 2 Live In Blackpool

Aug 10 2009 By James Shepherd

WILL Young, Mika, Daniel Merriweather, Pixie Lott and Newton Faulkner have been announced as the artists performing at the Radio 2 Live In Blackpool concert on Saturday 5 September.

Held at the Empress Ballroom, the concert will be broadcast live on BBC Radio 2 between 8.00 and 10.00pm.

This unique event is one of a series of live shows hosted by Radio 2 from Blackpool on Friday 4 and Saturday 5 September to celebrate the switching on of the world-famous Illuminations.

Mika says: "'I can't wait to play for Radio 2 listeners in Blackpool. I love the seaside and Blackpool will be the perfect place to play live this wet summer – hopefully I'll get a chance to check out the Pleasure Beach whilst I'm there too."

Other stars in town include Alan Carr, who is flicking the famous Illuminations switch and who will present his Radio 2 Saturday show Going Out With Alan Carr with co-host Emma Forbes from a Blackpool tram; Chris Evans who is presenting his Drivetime show live from the top of the Blackpool Tower; and JLS, Madness, Tony Christie and Paloma Faith, who, along with Pixie Lott will perform at an open-air Friday night concert Live At The Lights to celebrate the switch on ceremony.

Paloma says: "There is something really romantic about the Blackpool Lights. I am so looking forward to singing in their shadows and dancing to the sound of the sea."

Monday 10 August sees the first day of the ticket giveaway for a Friday Night Is Music Night broadcast. For more information on how to get a ticket go to bbc.co.uk/radio2.

Anton Du Beke of Strictly Come Dancing fame presents a special swing Friday Night Is Music Night – the world's longest-running live music programme on radio – live from Blackpool's Opera House between 7.00 and 8.30pm.

Featuring the BBC Big Band conducted by Barry Forgie, special guests include Tony Christie and Paloma Faith.

Anton says: "I am completely thrilled to be presenting Friday Night Is Music Night in Blackpool, the home of ballroom dance.

"I have been a fan of the show for many years and love the wide range of artists who perform on the programme and I think that we have got a really fabulous Friday Night lined up for Blackpool."

Radio 2 Live In Blackpool programming

Chris Evans' Drivetime – live from the Blackpool Tower. Friday 4 September, 5.00-7.00pm.

Friday Night Is Music Night – live from the Opera House. Friday 4 September, 7.00-8.30pm.

Radio 2 Live At The Lights – live from the Radio 2 Arena. Friday 4 September, 8.30-9.30pm.

Going Out With Alan Carr – live from the Blackpool Tram. Saturday 5 September, 6.00-8.00pm.

Radio 2 Live In Blackpool – live from the Empress Ballroom. Saturday 5 September, 8.00-10.00pm.

The Nation's Playlist – broadcast Saturday 5 September, 10.00-11.00pm

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow!

"Radio 2 Live In Blackpool – live from the Empress Ballroom. Saturday 5 September, 8.00-10.00pm"

will we be able to hear him live on the radio?

--------

Got this into my mailbox:

Join a live audience

Want to chortle at a comedy or soothe a furrowed brow with Beethoven? The BBC offers free seats for its shows at bbc.co.uk/tickets. Last week, visitors could request a ringside seat for the semi-finals of Mastermind, a Radio 2 Live concert starring Mika, and the BBC3 teenage sitcom Coming of Age.

http://www.independent.co.uk/money/spend-save/consuming-issues-free-ndash-and-easy-ndash-summer-holidays-1769031.html

Will Young, Mika, Daniel Merriweather, Pixie Lott and Newton Faulkner to perform at Radio 2 Live In Blackpool

Aug 10 2009 By James Shepherd

WILL Young, Mika, Daniel Merriweather, Pixie Lott and Newton Faulkner have been announced as the artists performing at the Radio 2 Live In Blackpool concert on Saturday 5 September.

Held at the Empress Ballroom, the concert will be broadcast live on BBC Radio 2 between 8.00 and 10.00pm.....ecc.ecc.

thank you, Freddie :thumb_yello:.... a perfect return from holidays :wink2:

So would I! I wonder if he'll go on the rides?! Perhaps 'The Big One', and then we'll see if he really spews rainbow coloured vomit, of if that's just a myth!

:roftl:

I bet he would love it with the child like qualities he has going on :biggrin2:

I doubt it would be rainbow , going by recent events probably fish and brocolli :roftl: