2009 - Mika @ RIX FM Festival - Aug. 15 - PICS, VIDEOS AND GIG REPORTS

guylainem123

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mika tells everyone that Rix FM was the first radio station in the world to play any of his songs.

wow rix fm must be a really cool radio if it was the first in the world to play mika songs:biggrin2:

thanks for the vid marina, it's great:thumb_yello:

press....

http://sydsvenskan.se/malmo/malmofestivalen/article537809/quotJag-ar-den-demoniske-ledarenquot.html

translation from Google :mf_rosetinted:

"I am the demonic leader"

By Arvid Jurjaks

Published August 15, 2009 17:05 | Updated August 16 2009 10.42

A beautiful freak. To describe Mika himself. Over the weekend he visits Malmö to play at the Malmö Festival and doing public relations for his upcoming album.

"I hate days like this," Mika sings in the song "Rain" on his upcoming album "The Boy Who Knew Too Much".

The pouring of Malmö and outside the Savoy used an umbrella in and out of the wind. Although Mika would hate rainy days, or conveyor belt-interviews for that matter - the visit to Malmö is the last stop on a long promotional tour - he shows it.

– I feel good, "he says simply, and change both the shirt and t-shirt because he did not have the same clothes on all Journal images.

In a year he has been working on what will be the sequel to the hit debut "Life in Cartoon Motion 'from the 2007th. It is a job that anyone with some ability to performance anxiety would probably succumb to.

But Mika is not perceived that he must surpass the success of either the million selling album or super hit "Grace Kelly".

– Exceed? Why? That is what the record company would say. But why would you beat? All I see is my gig. My album should be fine so I can tour. I want to continue playing in major stadiums and they should be equal everywhere I go.

The first single from the album, "We Are Golden", has already started appearing on the charts. It is a pepper of upptempolåt with choirs which repeatedly declares "we are golden, we are golden."

– I was going to the studio one days when I thought I would be back in school, what would I scribble on toaväggen? I came to this line: "I am not who you think I am, I am made of gold." Perhaps it was just the way I felt during my late adolescence. I'm not the piece of **** like you just stepped on, I'm made of gold.

The disc's theme is just life as a teenager on the threshold of adulthood. A trip back to a period that most people in some way, any time, experienced as difficult.

– The advantage of writing songs as these when you're 25 is you can look back on yourself as a group. There are several we-references on the album, he says, and continues to talk about the writing process:

– I started as an "I". But then it hit me, what if I was not alone, what if it was as well as an army of freaks, beautiful freaks, and I was the demonic leader.

Do you feel like a freak?

– I feel like a beautiful freak. And beautiful freaks are more dangerous than anything else.

Thanks Dani! nice article :)

– I started as an "I". But then it hit me, what if I was not alone, what if it was as well as an army of freaks, beautiful freaks, and I was the demonic leader.

– I feel like a beautiful freak. And beautiful freaks are more dangerous than anything else.

:biggrin2::naughty::wub2:

Thanks Dani! nice article :)

:biggrin2::naughty::wub2:

modesto il ragazzo! :biggrin2:

Thank you for posting!:thumb_yello:

Upptempolåt = up beat sound

Toaväggen= wall in the bathroom

I found little more:

Born: Beirut, Lebanon.

Raised: France and Britain. Now lives in London.

Age: 26 fill on Tuesday. States because of that he no longer feels older.

The album "The Boy Who Knew Too Much" is released September 21.

Mika on the ...

... writing new songs: "The person who writes songs hate the person performing live, and the person performing live hate the person who writes songs that make his life a living hell. So I think it is very difficult to write when I'm on tour. Almost impossible. I do not write every now and then. I'm very structured. I come to the studio at eleven o'clock and stay till nine in the evening, six days a week, for six months. It's very focused. "

... his theory of pop: "I have begun to see the pop songs that children's song. There are actually more similarities than most people think. A children's song has a very simple melody, it repeats itself, is catchy, embracing and comforting. The text however is from to being sweet to dark, brutal and violent, to just playful. You get your child to sleep with a story about another child dying. It is the same as with pop songs. It may sound cheerful, but the text can be hard. The combination creates magic. "

Thank you for posting!:thumb_yello:

Upptempolåt = up beat sound

Toaväggen= wall in the bathroom

I found little more:

Born: Beirut, Lebanon.

Raised: France and Britain. Now lives in London.

Age: 26 fill on Tuesday. States because of that he no longer feels older.

The album "The Boy Who Knew Too Much" is released September 21.

Mika on the ...

... writing new songs: "The person who writes songs hate the person performing live, and the person performing live hate the person who writes songs that make his life a living hell. So I think it is very difficult to write when I'm on tour. Almost impossible. I do not write every now and then. I'm very structured. I come to the studio at eleven o'clock and stay till nine in the evening, six days a week, for six months. It's very focused. "

... his theory of pop: "I have begun to see the pop songs that children's song. There are actually more similarities than most people think. A children's song has a very simple melody, it repeats itself, is catchy, embracing and comforting. The text however is from to being sweet to dark, brutal and violent, to just playful. You get your child to sleep with a story about another child dying. It is the same as with pop songs. It may sound cheerful, but the text can be hard. The combination creates magic. "

T4P Sienna very interesting!

:naughty:

Thz for posting