4MUSIC: MIKA - THROUGH THE LOOKING GLASS Friday 28 August 2009

tigerclaws95

I was in love with Neil Trennant's speaking voice when I was a teenager....:teehee:

... and I started to learn English by trying to translate some of their songs with a dictionary without any prior knowledge of the language:blush-anim-cl:

I remember my first holiday in UK :wub2: They played Pet Shop Boys everywhere. So many years ago :biggrin2:

• Replies 733
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The "Neil Tennant" rap was very short, but it ruins it for me

:boxed:

oh, well, we have different tastes and I am obviously biased because I like songs like that , but I hope most people will like it:blush-anim-cl:

That bit also reminded me of No Regrets when Robbie does a similar 'Neil Tennant type rap' ..although that song is different because Neil is actually on the record and even if he wasn't it would still sound like a PSB record:teehee:... and I love that song, too:thumb_yello:

Thanks everybody for downloads!!! Very appreciated!!! :)

But, am I the only lonely one that can not see the videos?? :(

Is everybody using PC??? My QuickTime Player says it's not a video file.... :(

very sad about this...

LOVE 'I SEE YOU' VEEERY MUCH!!!!

use VLC to watch :wink2:http://www.videolan.org/vlc/
Thanks for the links, downloading now. How long was the show? :blink:

about 30 min. - 23 without ads

:boxed:

oh, well, we have different tastes and I am obviously biased because I like songs like that , but I hope most people will like it:blush-anim-cl:

That bit also reminded me of No Regrets when Robbie does a similar 'Neil Tennant type rap' ..although that song is different because Neil is actually on the record and even if he wasn't it would still sound like a PSB record:teehee:... and I love that song, too:thumb_yello:

It was Robbie I was thinking of- having never heard NT rapping. His tendancy to break into little comic raps in the middle of his songs helped reduce his credibility as an artist in the UK

I certainly hope for Mika's sake that most people like it enough to buy it

I'm seriously pretty disappointed- I even signed up for "fave song" in the yearbook quite certain it would be Rain and I could trace my excitement through all its versions :teehee:

Thank you for the downloadable links Superstar and Kaatje! :thumb_yello: I'm downloading Kaatje's second file, just seen the first and it looks fab! :biggrin2: It did look like Mika was lip-synching even though he wasn't, and it's only a mono recording, but I didn't let it bother me too much. Can't wait to watch I See You! :wub2:

88 percent, aargh! :biggrin2:

I'm seriously pretty disappointed- I even signed up for "fave song" in the yearbook quite certain it would be Rain and I could trace my excitement through all its versions :teehee:

:shocked: (:teehee:)

Well, you can always choose another song or explain the slope you witnessed this song slide down on :naughty:... To me it was the opposit as I hated it first:wink2:

:ot:

(PS: Actually, No Regrets was an early song from Robbie and was the first song I really liked from him. His Rudebox rap was pathetic, IMO:wink2:)

I agree with the people who didn't think Nik and Mika really clicked though

..Nik was pretty sweet, too, though. Perfect for this program, considering it's a tv show with strong focus on the songs performed, I think. I wasn't expecting an in debt interview.

..Nik was pretty sweet, too, though. Perfect for this program, considering it's a tv show with strong focus on the songs performed, I think. I wasn't expecting an in debt interview.

Nik was sweet and MIka was sweet, but I got the impression that Nik kept asking questions that he wouldn't have understood Mika's real answer to, and both of them were uneasy because of it.

I liked the way he did WAG though- he looked quite punky (reminded me of Bob Geldof). I'd been concerned it might be a disappointment without the vid

Edited by Soaring Simpson

Nik was sweet and MIka was sweet, but I got the impression that Nik kept asking questions that he wouldn't have understood Mika's real answer to, and both of them were uneasy because of it.

I liked the way he did WAG though- he looked quite punky (reminded me of Bob Geldof). I'd been concerned it might be a disappointment without the vid

It made me uneasy aswell! Sometimes hard to look at!:aah:

You know what....this makes me think of...imagine Mana or Christine or someone else from the fan club, who are really good in English and understand a lot of what is going on in his answers and are truly interested in his music making the interview and ask him about his songs!:wub2::wub2::wub2::thumb_yello:

It's probably that kind of program (i.e.audience turns it on for cute Nik + cute whoever, with no real interest in other things:teehee: )

Here is youtube if no one else has posted.

part 1

part 2

part 3

Thanks bab, I have been waiting all day for someone to post, and I was glad to see it was you, back in action bab5panky!!:thumb_yello: