Mika in NYC - Oct. 16, 2009

rikku411

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand how its going to be seated:blink: because I wont be able to sit during the concert:naughty:

There are seats there but you don't need to use them. :wink2:

This is me at my last seated gig. (Yes I am looking for any excuse to post this screencap. :teehee:)

czsw.jpg

This is me at my last seated gig. (Yes I am looking for any excuse to post this screencap. :teehee:)

czsw.jpg

OH:naughty:

:jawdrop: AMAZING!!

I'm just worried its going to sell out quick because I'm trying to get money for it.:blink:

:teehee:Looking for an opportunity to post that fab picture again??? You non-fangurl you:aah:

czsw.jpg

czsw.jpg

Ahhhhh like really. I will NOT sit.

Should I look into the electric factory if i really dont want to sit?

Ahhhhh like really. I will NOT sit.

Should I look into the electric factory if i really dont want to sit?

Any chance you can do both? You live really close to NYC don't you? Would be a shame to miss it.

czsw.jpg

This looks :das::roftl:

You naughty Christine, you :wags_finger:

Oh and BTW if anyone didn't catch my meaning there, it's a lot easier to get on stage in these theatres because there are no barriers. :biggrin2:

AHHH!H!!!!! MUST HAVE!@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh gawd...............

so should I shoot for nyc or the electric factory?

I mean....like I totally want to be right up to the stage. Ive waited to long not to!

You naughty Christine, you :wags_finger:

I'm not the naughty one! Look at my body language. I'm trying to escape his attack! :shocked:

so should I shoot for nyc or the electric factory?

I mean....like I totally want to be right up to the stage. Ive waited to long not to!

I can't make any promises which one will be best but if you line up early at the Electric Factory you should get in the front row or two up to the barriers.

This is what it says for the Chicago venue

SEATING:

- There are fixed theater seats in our balcony.

- For most public shows, the main floor is standing only.

- There is an area set aside on the main floor for those with disabilities.

Sooo I guess unless you're in the balcony, Chicago people will be standing. I actually kind of wish it was seated because I have class until 2 so therefore I probably won't be able to get to Chicago by hopefully 4 so I won't be able to stand in line all day... I really wish it was on a friday but I can make this work!!!

I'm not the naughty one! Look at my body language. I'm trying to escape his attack! :shocked:

I can't make any promises which one will be best but if you line up early at the Electric Factory you should get in the front row or two up to the barriers.

Barriers......I laugh at them:aah:

He has to know that we wont sit in nyc. I mean....is he serious? US? SIT?!?

:naughty: Like I said, you don't need to sit.

London was pretty subdued and people were seated through the early part of the set but it was an acoustic show so the vibe was different from the regular tours. Even so, everyone was dancing around by the end and there was a huge stage invasion just like a regular gig.

czsw.jpg

You wh*re. :naughty:

Doesn't it? It looks like they're trying to seduce each other on some dance floor. :roftl:

Yeah I totally hear you. Three months ago I couldn't wrap my head around the idea of a seated Mika gig. I was like, what on earth is the point of seats? But then I went on that acoustic tour, and some of the seated gigs were fantastic. My fave gig of 'em all was one of the seated ones, actually - Milan. :wub2:

What I'm wondering is if the ticket sales will be through Sandbag again. For the European acoustic tour, you couldn't tell at checkout where your seats were. Unlike with Ticketmaster, where you can see before you buy exactly what seats you're getting. :bleh:

You wh*re. :naughty:

Doesn't it? It looks like they're trying to seduce each other on some dance floor. :roftl:

Yeah I totally hear you. Three months ago I couldn't wrap my head around the idea of a seated Mika gig. I was like, what on earth is the point of seats? But then I went on that acoustic tour, and some of the seated gigs were fantastic. My fave gig of 'em all was one of the seated ones, actually - Milan. :wub2:

What I'm wondering is if the ticket sales will be through Sandbag again. For the European acoustic tour, you couldn't tell at checkout where your seats were. Unlike with Ticketmaster, where you can see before you buy exactly what seats you're getting. :bleh:

Hopefully it wouldn't be that awful-sounding Sandbag deal.... I think the NYC and Hollywood gigs at least are posted on Ticketmaster already so I'd guess it's through them instead. smileyphew.gif

czsw.jpg

:jawdrop: I've never seen this before.:shocked:

I know you've mentioned it...but...oh gawd!

czsw.jpg

Naughty Christine seducing the Mastah :teehee:

Not sure if at Place des arts we'll be able to get on stage tho...

czsw.jpg

LOL I love that screencap! Viv did that one.

Ah Sadler's Wells was magic - although at the it was beginning slightly embarrassing. Mika was singing a song at the piano, I think it was SITM? I saw people in the front stand up, so I did as well (bearing in mind I'm 5 rows from the front!) and I was getting my friend Liz to stand up, but then as I looked towards the front again everyone had sat back down so I was the only one in the venue standing :doh:

And there were times when you'd stand up during a song, and then when the song finished you'd sit back down again...but you could tell some people didn't know what to do with themselves...you could hear everyone's thoughts thinking "I've just totally raved to this song, do I sit down again?" (or were they just mine? :roftl:) but it was pretty funny lol xD

By the end of the gig everyone was standing and I also made it to the stage invasion, even though I was further back. I think it was Axie Dentelle who was next to me and I practically ordered her to leg it to the stage. Neither of us hesitated, but Mika's gran's walking stick was on the floor (she was in the same row as me and she was totally going for it, she was hilarious!) and Axie fell over :roftl:

And then....Sadler's Wells got even more magical :wub2:

(I'm on the right, looking like a dementor from Harry Potter trying to suck the life out of Mika lolz)

sadlers3.jpg

STAGEINVASION4.jpg

For many reasons this seated gig was my favourite gig.