• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I'll be able to join you all for dinner, but I have to figure out

exactly what I'm doing this trip -- how I'm getting to NY, where I'm

staying, etc.

I'll let you know as soon as I can! :biggrin2:

:doh: you're right! :naughty: I thought he was born in Montreal but I think it's his mother... I think... now I'm not sure... :blink::roftl:

YOU are right - that was his mother indeed!!!

We have to share Rufus - he is HALF Canadian and HALF American . . But, 'AMERICAN' because he was born in the U.S. :lmao:

I think I'll be able to join you all for dinner, but I have to figure out

exactly what I'm doing this trip -- how I'm getting to NY, where I'm

staying, etc.

I'll let you know as soon as I can! :biggrin2:

That would be beyond fabulous Deb!!!! Keep us posted! :boing:

YOU are right - that was his mother indeed!!!

We have to share Rufus - he is HALF Canadian and HALF American . . But, 'AMERICAN' because he was born in the U.S. :lmao:

Ok, I give it to you... and you have an other half American ... and we are a huge fan of this man! :naughty:

Okay the show starts at 8:00 - and we want to get there early . . . to mingle so - how about we beat the 'dinner crowd' and meet at the restaurant at 4:00. Does that work for everyone who is planning on coming?

Okay Ladies and Gentlemen . . . . .

We are having a MFC Dinner Meet Up before the show at United Palace Theatre. We have found the perfect most convenient location. Good food - great atmosphere - most reasonable prices. And it is a great place for large groups. Being our first experience of a seated venue - we now have the luxury of being able to talk and actually relax before heading to the venue . . . HALLELUJAH! (I said that in my Rufus voice) :teehee:

The actual time has yet to be determined. But, will obviously be a couple hours before we need to head across the street! :biggrin2:

Place: El Malecon Restaurant

Location: 4141 Broadway (right across the street from United Palace)

Time: 4:00 PM

Details -

Menu: Latin American & Caribbean Food

*examples* soups - roast chicken - steamed veggies - salads - and latin items such as plantains - enchalatas - rice & beans (you get the idea) there is 'something for everyone' here . . rather you are a vegetarian or a serious meat lova! :thumb_yello:

This place is highly recommended - with the best prices around (good for us broke folks who had to travel) :rolls_eyes:

. . . ad they do serve beer and wine . . just saying :fisch:

Who's in:

Lucy

Holly

Natalie

Nadira

Jamie

Aubrey

Zo-Zo

Cassiopée

Claudine

sunshine931

Holly: I just got on this thread for the first time -- El Malecon is the restaurant I mentioned in my post on the N. American Tour thread. I just couldn't remember the name. Then my husband reminded me that it is directly across the street from the theatre (has anyone mentioned that the theatre is also Rev. Ike's church? -- at least it used to be and I think it still is on Sundays anyway). It's a great choice. The food is delicious and portions are huge.

I'll try to make it to the dinner. I probably won't be sure if I can until the beginning of October.

I'm on the phone with Alex as I type:naughty:

We will go:wink2:

4 is OK.

wwwhhhoooo I am SO glad yall are coming!!!! :boing:

count me in! the El Malecon huh? if you say it jusssst a bit different, it's a curse word en espanol. :naughty:

ha ha ha :lmao: you should 'act' like you are trying to pronounce the name of the place - and accidently (on purpose) say that wordy durd in en espanol! :das:

Holly: I just got on this thread for the first time -- El Malecon is the restaurant I mentioned in my post on the N. American Tour thread. I just couldn't remember the name. Then my husband reminded me that it is directly across the street from the theatre (has anyone mentioned that the theatre is also Rev. Ike's church? -- at least it used to be and I think it still is on Sundays anyway). It's a great choice. The food is delicious and portions are huge.

I'll try to make it to the dinner. I probably won't be sure if I can until the beginning of October.

GREAT! Thanks for all the info - sounds like it is going to be the PERFECT place for us! Keep us posted once you know if you can make it :biggrin2:

I'll see if I can make it to dinner, but I might not arrive till 5. I also think I might be the only guy there! :aah:

Arriving at 5 would be perfect! Anytime afer 4:00 is good (just incase anyone cannot make it right at 4:00 DON'T worry - just get there when you can! We will be there waiting for you! :naughty: And don't worry about being the ONLY guy there! We HAVE to have at least one guy! :doh: And don't worry NONE of us bite! I only bite Rufus :teehee:

i'll totally do it!!!!

let's just see if i can remember..... :roftl:

If for ANY reason you can't remember you can always do what we do when we need help with directions (or how to pronounce words i.e. Malaga) :naughty: . . . . call your father!

OH WAIT .. . that might be awkward depending on JUST how 'bad' the meaning is :lmao: . . . on second thought - ask Lucy! :teehee:

Are you okay today? :shocked: You don't seem like 'yourself' . . .

rough day?

No. time of the month. sorry.

wow you do know me very well!!!

Okay the show starts at 8:00 - and we want to get there early . . . to mingle so - how about we beat the 'dinner crowd' and meet at the restaurant at 4:00. Does that work for everyone who is planning on coming?

You already know about me lol

count me in! the El Malecon huh? if you say it jusssst a bit different, it's a curse word en espanol. :naughty:

Actually, the word you are thinking about it is different. Pretty much it means gay. But the restaurant omitted some letters lol

If for ANY reason you can't remember you can always do what we do when we need help with directions (or how to pronounce words i.e. Malaga) :naughty: . . . . call your father!

OH WAIT .. . that might be awkward depending on JUST how 'bad' the meaning is :lmao: . . . on second thought - ask Lucy! :teehee:

is not a bad word. lol

It is spell differently.