Check ouLondon Fans Mika is right now Abbey Road Studios

mgarciaterra

i know. the more i look at that picture the more weird and imtimidating i find it.

have we got nothing better to do with our time then follow Mika all over London?

Yes, I agree. One of the things that I have always liked is that the 'local' fans leave Mika alone. Yes, everyone knows where he lives, but nobody (to my knowledge anyway :roftl:) goes to his house to bother him, and it would be a very sad day if this changes at some point. I would feel really embarassed and saddenned if he would have to be careful when he goes around London because people are actively stalking him.

Of course I'm not saying that anyone does it now, but that it would be terrible if it started happening, IMO, and threads like these are a bit on the verge of getting people into the wrong mindset (again, IMHO).

We could all decide to go and wait for him before he goes to some public appearance that we all know he's going to, but I really want to think that we're far more respectful than that, and that nobody will behave that way.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I agree. One of the things that I have always liked is that the 'local' fans leave Mika alone. Yes, everyone knows where he lives, but nobody (to my knowledge anyway :roftl:) goes to his house to bother him, and it would be a very sad day if this changes at some point. I would feel really embarassed and saddenned if he would have to be careful when he goes around London because people are actively stalking him.

Of course I'm not saying that anyone does it now, but that it would be terrible if it started happening, IMO, and threads like these are a bit on the verge of getting people into the wrong mindset (again, IMHO).

We could all decide to go and wait for him before he goes to some public appearance that we all know he's going to, but I really want to think that we're far more respectful than that, and that nobody will behave that way.

Well, he has it pretty good, we don't see him popping up on TMZ and in tabloids, so a few fans chasing after him in public probably wouldn't bother him. He's not Kate Gosselin, :naughty:

I agreeeeee!

Hey, guys, I was just kidding when i made that pic...

I thought there was a live cam in Abbey Road Studios and when I accessed i saw it was a street cam, and there was this tall guy walking around there...

Thought it'd be funny to post it as if it was Mika...

I'm sure that guy had his 15 secs of fame today...

Hey, guys, I was just kidding when i made that pic...

I thought there was a live cam in Abbey Road Studios and when I accessed i saw it was a street cam, and there was this tall guy walking around there...

Thought it'd be funny to post it as if it was Mika...

I'm sure that guy had his 15 secs of fame today...

:shocked: your telling me that wasnt mika :shocked::naughty::roftl:

i know. the more i look at that picture the more weird and imtimidating i find it.

have we got nothing better to do with our time then follow Mika all over London?

Yes, I am weird, everyone here knows that...:mf_rosetinted::roftl:

But intimidating???:blink:

Da Wonka?:shocked:

Guess everyone knows me long enough to know that everything i do here is for fun, i have no interest whatsoever in stalking Mika or whoever it might be...:dunno:

I neither have the skills or the physical capacity to be a Paparazzi...:mf_rosetinted:

I haven't been in London since 2004 and i don't give a **** to where Mika lives...

But if there'd be a web cam is Mika's bedroom be sure i'd be watching it 24 hrs a day!:teehee::mf_rosetinted:

Guess everyone knows me long enough to know that everything i do here is for fun, i have no interest whatsoever in stalking Mika or whoever it might be...:dunno:

I neither have the skills or the physical capacity to be a Paparazzi...:mf_rosetinted:

I haven't been in London since 2004 and i don't give a **** to where Mika lives...

But if there'd be a web cam is Mika's bedroom be sure i'd be watching it 24 hrs a day!:teehee::mf_rosetinted:

We know Wonka. I think it's clear that yours are jokes. :thumb_yello:

The problem is...other people do care about that. I guess the postmen in South Kensington had to deal with a lot of overwork last month. :naughty:

I wasn't referring to you and your pictures, Carla (see, no K :naughty:).

In my case it was just a general idea thrown out there, in the direction of: "let's not start actively stalking Mika at any opportunity when he's around. For example, something that I find an interesting thought. When he was out in some cities earlier this summer people went on to meet him at radio stations, etc. Now, I'm not even trying to say that this is "wrong" or anything of the sorts, although I'm not sure if I would do it myself or not, especialy if i didn't live very locally to where it was happening...

I personally think that I could not avoid finding myself a bit sad if I just went to hang around a place where I think he is, just in the off chance of meeting him for a bit, but again, I am not saying this as a dig against anyone who does it, I'm just stating MY feelings on it and I'm not saying that it's wrong. What I do wonder though is what happens when this becomes "routine". Where are the limits? If it's an isolated radio show in say, Italy, it's fine, but if it's stuff (equally isolated!) in London it's not?

Wouldn't it feel odd if, from now on, any radio or TV programme (or any other scheduled appointment in a place that people can find the address for) that Mika goes to he finds fans waiting for him? I reckon that if we started doing that here in London he'd soon feel stalked and annoyed. So then the question is: why is this behaviour ok if it happens elsewhere, but not if it happens where he lives?

Again, the radio examples mentioned are just that: examples. My point applies to anything that Mika would be going to, which we had knowledge about.

For example, when he tweeted that he was going to that nightclub the other night. Would it be acceptable that fans suddenly started turning up there??? I don't think so. I love the fact that he can tweet us saying that he's in some place, and we don't flock there to try and find him. I'm sure that he also appreciates the fact that we leave him alone.

Anyway, this was a very long post, sorry for that, but it's something that's been in my mind for a while. I think that it's quite the complex issue and therefore it wouldn't hurt to reflect on it for a bit.

We know Wonka. I think it's clear that yours are jokes. :thumb_yello:

The problem is...other people do care about that. I guess the postmen in South Kensington had to deal with a lot of overwork last month. :naughty:

Exactly. And again, I don't think that post is the thing to worry about here. It's the people going there. Or following him anywhere else.

In my case it was just a general idea thrown out there, in the direction of: "let's not start actively stalking Mika at any opportunity when he's around. For example, something that I find an interesting thought. When he was out in some cities earlier this summer people went on to meet him at radio stations, etc. Now, I'm not even trying to say that this is "wrong" or anything of the sorts, although I'm not sure if I would do it myself or not, especialy if i didn't live very locally to where it was happening...

I personally think that I could not avoid finding myself a bit sad if I just went to hang around a place where I think he is, just in the off chance of meeting him for a bit, but again, I am not saying this as a dig against anyone who does it, I'm just stating MY feelings on it and I'm not saying that it's wrong. What I do wonder though is what happens when this becomes "routine". Where are the limits? If it's an isolated radio show in say, Italy, it's fine, but if it's stuff (equally isolated!) in London it's not?

Wouldn't it feel odd if, from now on, any radio or TV programme (or any other scheduled appointment in a place that people can find the address for) that Mika goes to he finds fans waiting for him? I reckon that if we started doing that here in London he'd soon feel stalked and annoyed. So then the question is: why is this behaviour ok if it happens elsewhere, but not if it happens where he lives?

Again, the radio examples mentioned are just that: examples. My point applies to anything that Mika would be going to, which we had knowledge about.

For example, when he tweeted that he was going to that nightclub the other night. Would it be acceptable that fans suddenly started turning up there??? I don't think so. I love the fact that he can tweet us saying that he's in some place, and we don't flock there to try and find him. I'm sure that he also appreciates the fact that we leave him alone.

Anyway, this was a very long post, sorry for that, but it's something that's been in my mind for a while. I think that it's quite the complex issue and therefore it wouldn't hurt to reflect on it for a bit.

Trying to meet him at public events is totally different from stalking when he's just himself in daily private life. I think he appreciates the fact that fans are there for him, especially because it's very good advertising.

In the case you mention in Italy, Mika had been tweeted in advance several times about fans being there. It would have been very easy for him to avoid the fans waiting outside. But when he got out of the car he headed straight towards the fans with a huge smile on his face, not towards the door of the radio station. And he started chatting and signing in a friendly way. He stopped when he arrived and before going away. I guess this shows that he enjoyed the meeting. :wink2: What's more, the speaker said on the radio that fans were waiting for him outside. Again, this is positive for his career IMO.

I have never queued after a show to meet him. But I know lots of younger fans miss their chance because there are too many people. What I enjoyed at the radio station was that there were different people, not even belonging to MFC, who were sooo happy to meet him! It was really something special for them. I even paid compliments to two young fans who had really behaved: no pushing, no screaming, no touching, just autograph and photo, because he offered himself to sign stuff and take photos. He said he would sign first and then he would take photos with every single person after the radio show. (Not all the people had a photo taken with him, anyway, like myself) I'm sure all the people there (about 15) will always remember his kind attitude that day. :wub2:

Exactly. And again, I don't think that post is the thing to worry about here. It's the people going there. Or following him anywhere else.

I know you London peeps try to follow that path of no stalking, no annoying Mika, and I agree, but I also reckon that foreigners have a trend to go and stand and stare in front of his house...

While I think you have a respectable attitude I also believe that it must be hard for people who travel to London to fight their stalking impulses and stalk and stare and stand...

Not that i support the people who do, I don't know Mika's address, and I don't care where he lives, as long as i can keep making captions of Gaga with the lavender door behind...:mf_rosetinted:

I know you didn't mean me and my pics, but the intimidating reference made in someone else's post kept me wondering about the true sense of it all...

But then i rephrase it: If there would be a Mika's Bedroom Live Cam, BB alike ,beware, I would watch it 24hrs...:naughty:

Wouldn't you????:mf_rosetinted:

PS - And i took notice of the No K in Carla, No H in Sara...lol

If I would live in London, I too would not pursue Him. Simply you have feeling of stability. (Mika is beside. And He will not get to anywhere if there will be a desire to see Him.). Well, and human shame. Everyone understands it would be unpleasant to Mika. Especially if Mika is already familiar with you. It means will not turn out to make it incognito. The pair such prosecutions - and He will bring you/him/her names in the black list. How then to look in His eyes ? It is a shame. After that He will be afraid of you/him/her. And He will not forget, and will be will feel a negative at a meeting.

To pass by the house fast step, hardly having cut eyes aside His windows... To stop on a crossroads in the beginning of street and to look at the road leading to His house, not paid nobody's attention... Sometimes to pass towards on other party of street and hardly to smile let know that I know Him and am benevolent. To me there would be enough it, living I in London

I think the problem is that the lines in some people's minds are blurred and they have a hard time making the distinction between doing an interview at a radio station or returning home on a transatlantic flight or telling everyone he's on his way to a club. I know Sara had people tweeting her when Mika was returning from the US asking her to go to Heathrow and take pics of him getting off the plane. Just because Mika leaves his house and is therefore in public doesn't make it a public appearance.

I am not suggesting that Mika was bothered by people turning up at the radio station, but this is not a public appearance just because he's working. He's there to give interviews, not to sign autographs as he does after his own shows that he puts on for his fans who are paying money to see him. He was also working yesterday and I agree with Sara that people shouldn't stalk him all over London just because we happen to know where he is. If he shouldn't be stalked all over London then I'm not sure why it's suddenly become acceptable over the past few weeks to stalk him all over other cities when to my knowledge this rarely happened before, at least not en masse or in an organized fashion.

If this becomes acceptable practice and is discussed on the forum with people exchanging photos and talking about how much Mika loved it and got his autograph, etc. I believe it will move farther and farther into unacceptable territory where people are insisting that as long as Mika is not inside his house he is fair game to be stalked and approached.

Trying to meet him at public events is totally different from stalking when he's just himself in daily private life. I think he appreciates the fact that fans are there for him, especially because it's very good advertising.

In the case you mention in Italy, Mika had been tweeted in advance several times about fans being there. It would have been very easy for him to avoid the fans waiting outside. But when he got out of the car he headed straight towards the fans with a huge smile on his face, not towards the door of the radio station. And he started chatting and signing in a friendly way. He stopped when he arrived and before going away. I guess this shows that he enjoyed the meeting. :wink2: What's more, the speaker said on the radio that fans were waiting for him outside. Again, this is positive for his career IMO.

I have never queued after a show to meet him. But I know lots of younger fans miss their chance because there are too many people. What I enjoyed at the radio station was that there were different people, not even belonging to MFC, who were sooo happy to meet him! It was really something special for them. I even paid compliments to two young fans who had really behaved: no pushing, no screaming, no touching, just autograph and photo, because he offered himself to sign stuff and take photos. He said he would sign first and then he would take photos with every single person after the radio show. (Not all the people had a photo taken with him, anyway, like myself) I'm sure all the people there (about 15) will always remember his kind attitude that day. :wub2:

As I said before, I'm sure that he was happy to see the fans, and I am not attacking the fact that people went out to meet him;I'm just expressing a general thought about this whole thing. And I'm also sure that his friendliness was genuine.

In any case though, I don't think that going for an interview at a radio station can be considered a "public event" as such. He is not going to a party or to an industry function or to a gig where there will be fans and public; He's going to have an interview with one or a couple of people, which will not have an audience. This in my book is not the same as stalking him when he goes to the shops, but it's not the same as a gig or a party either.

It's in some in between grey area.

The problem with this scenario is that, as the word spreads, it will happen more and more. Instead of a bunch of friendly, controlled fans, he will have 100+ people waiting for him at radio stations around the world if this is a trend that catches on. And then things will get ugly and he will have had enough.

It's a bit like how few people (and how relaxedly) waited for him after gigs initially, and how many do it now. Things always grow, they expand,and if it becomes 'the norm' or the thing to do, it will get out of control.

Sadly, there is no way to really keep these things under control, and they will always with time get ugly. It's just a matter of how much time, that's all.

EDIT:

Just saw Christine's post :doh: Thanks for saying what I think, but much better expressed, as usual.

Edited by sariflor

it's not only a matter of spreading the info, it's also a matter of how popular he's going to get.

nothing will stop stardom and fans and occasional ppl stalking him in public or private events.

it will be part of the game.

i also think there can be a half-way in this.

the italian meeting outside the radio was totally civilized and well managed by the fans, who were a real small group of well mannered peeps.

and he must take this into account, being quite popular in italy.

stalking him to and from home is absolutely negative. or when he's in private company of his family/friends for instance.

i can see a difference in these two situations.

and i guess we cannot prevent the waves to move using a fork...

I think the problem is that the lines in some people's minds are blurred and they have a hard time making the distinction between doing an interview at a radio station or returning home on a transatlantic flight or telling everyone he's on his way to a club. I know Sara had people tweeting her when Mika was returning from the US asking her to go to Heathrow and take pics of him getting off the plane. Just because Mika leaves his house and is therefore in public doesn't make it a public appearance.

I am not suggesting that Mika was bothered by people turning up at the radio station, but this is not a public appearance just because he's working. He's there to give interviews, not to sign autographs as he does after his own shows that he puts on for his fans who are paying money to see him. He was also working yesterday and I agree with Sara that people shouldn't stalk him all over London just because we happen to know where he is. If he shouldn't be stalked all over London then I'm not sure why it's suddenly become acceptable over the past few weeks to stalk him all over other cities when to my knowledge this rarely happened before, at least not en masse or in an organized fashion.

If this becomes acceptable practice and is discussed on the forum with people exchanging photos and talking about how much Mika loved it and got his autograph, etc. I believe it will move farther and farther into unacceptable territory where people are insisting that as long as Mika is not inside his house he is fair game to be stalked and approached.

Actually, I think that they were more interested on potential videos :naughty:. Heck, I'm always partial to a little vid myself, heheheh :biggrin2:.

As I said before, I'm sure that he was happy to see the fans, and I am not attacking the fact that people went out to meet him;I'm just expressing a general thought about this whole thing. And I'm also sure that his friendliness was genuine.

In any case though, I don't think that going for an interview at a radio station can be considered a "public event" as such. He is not going to a party or to an industry function or to a gig where there will be fans and public; He's going to have an interview with one or a couple of people, which will not have an audience. This in my book is not the same as stalking him when he goes to the shops, but it's not the same as a gig or a party either.

It's in some in between grey area.

The problem with this scenario is that, as the word spreads, it will happen more and more. Instead of a bunch of friendly, controlled fans, he will have 100+ people waiting for him at radio stations around the world if this is a trend that catches on. And then things will get ugly and he will have had enough.

It's a bit like how few people (and how relaxedly) waited for him after gigs initially, and how many do it now. Things always grow, they expand,and if it becomes 'the norm' or the thing to do, it will get out of control.

Sadly, there is no way to really keep these things under control, and they will always with time get ugly. It's just a matter of how much time, that's all.

EDIT:

Just saw Christine's post :doh: Thanks for saying what I think, but much better expressed, as usual.

I do agree, that it would be too much in the realms of stalker territory to follow him to clubs and other places he tweets about when he's on his own time.

The radio/tv appearances, not totally sure what I think about that yet.

I follow the Sugababes on Twitter, and Keisha & Heidi, are always so chuffed when people turn up to studios they are being interviewed at. They tweet afterwards, to thank everyone for showing up, and for the support. So I guess it's hard to gauge if it's a good thing to do or not.

Needless to say, did anyone notice, that after his Glasgow radio interviews, he went right off the radar to where he was going, and he did at least 3 interviews, that no one knew about until they were due to go out.

So I guess, he was given a gag order not so say what he was doing, so this sort of thing wouldn't happen.

I do agree, that it would be too much in the realms of stalker territory to follow him to clubs and other places he tweets about when he's on his own time.

I follow the Sugababes on Twitter, and Keisha & Heidi, are always so chuffed when people turn up to studios they are being interviewed at. They tweet afterwards, to thank everyone for showing up, and for the support. So I guess it's hard to gauge if it's a good thing to do or not.

Needless to say, did anyone notice, that after his Glasgow radio interviews, he went right off the radar to where he was going, and he did at least 3 interviews, that no one knew about until they were due to go out.

So I guess, he was given a gag order not so say what he was doing, so this sort of thing wouldn't happen.

I totally agree! :thumb_yello:

I agree, the radio interview situation can be a bit of a tricky one, which is why I said that it was a bit of a grey area....But one thing is clear: if hundreds of people star turning up to these things, it becomes a nightmare for him. That's just how it is. And it's only a matter of time until it happens, if this becomes the "accepted norm".

Your last paragraph is quite eye-opening though. I wonder if he stopped saying it, so that people would leave him alone.

I totally agree! :thumb_yello:

To what part of her post?:biggrin2: All of it? Including the last bit? :naughty: Because I think that this sort of supports the point of view that that I was defending earlier (re bothering him)

I agree, the radio interview situation can be a bit of a tricky one, which is why I said that it was a bit of a grey area....But one thing is clear: if hundreds of people star turning up to these things, it becomes a nightmare for him. That's just how it is. And it's only a matter of time until it happens, if this becomes the "accepted norm".

Your last paragraph is quite eye-opening though. I wonder if he stopped saying it, so that people would leave him alone.

To what part of her post?:biggrin2: All of it? Including the last bit? :naughty: Because I think that this sort of supports the point of view that that I was defending earlier (re bothering him)

I was wondering if the record company might have told him not to, in light of the meet in Milan making him late for the subsequent interview, and when Sheena met him in Glasgow, they might have thought it could spiral, so then deciding to just sweep through without announcing where they would be going, stopping any hold ups they felt might occur.

I was wondering if the record company might have told him not to, in light of the meet in Milan making him late for the subsequent interview, and when Sheena met him in Glasgow, they might have thought it could spiral, so then deciding to just sweep through without announcing where they would be going, stopping any hold ups they felt might occur.

Yes, it would make sense, because he was delayed in Milan due to the meetings....Hmm....Could well be. Or his management, etc.

And the thing is, the 'negative' would never come from him, in the same way that he always says that he 'is not allowed' pictures or to stay later or whatever else after gigs, it's always John's (or security's) fault :roftl:, and he never says that it's him who has a problem with it.