Mika in october's SFR minimag

Droopsy

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First bit:

Outstanding pianist and an extraordinary vocal ability, a sense of festive and colorful performances ... mika is back with a new album TBWKTM. Ready for another flood of pop?

Is TBWKTM very acoustic like the EP songs for sorrow?

No, it’s even more poppy than the first one! I wanted to write la bande-son of my adolescence, the album gave me the impression I was 16 years old again. This has helped me to compose songs that fit the themes that I wanted to address. Even more so, from 65 written pieces I’ve only kept 12!

First bit:

Outstanding pianist and an extraordinary vocal ability, a sense of festive and colorful performances ... mika is back with a new album TBWKTM. Ready for another flood of pop?

Is TBWKTM very acoustic like the EP songs for sorrow?

No, it’s even more poppy than the first one! I wanted to write la bande-son of my adolescence, the album gave me the impression I was 16 years old again. This has helped me to compose songs that fit the themes that I wanted to address. Even more so, from 65 written pieces I’ve only kept 12!

65 written pieces?! :shocked::shocked:

65 written pieces?! :shocked::shocked:

That's what I said when I heard it in one of the interviews and whilst I'm still genuinely surprised (and saddened cos most of that we'll probably never hear:no:), it did occur to me that some of those songs he already had the bones for. For instance Loverboy has been renovated, but the song already did exist. He didn't have to start from scratch. And I See You is quite different in some respects from I'm Falling, but the concept was already there to begin with.

Although I'm not trying to suggest that Mika didn't write a whole bunch of new songs:mf_rosetinted:

Mika... please, one day, could we hear your back catalogue? Don't care how produced they are. Demo's is fine. Just want to hear the essence of the songs. Lyrics and tune. Thankyou:biggrin2:

That's what I said when I heard it in one of the interviews and whilst I'm still genuinely surprised (and saddened cos most of that we'll probably never hear:no:), it did occur to me that some of those songs he already had the bones for. For instance Loverboy has been renovated, but the song already did exist. He didn't have to start from scratch. And I See You is quite different in some respects from I'm Falling, but the concept was already there to begin with.

Although I'm not trying to suggest that Mika didn't write a whole bunch of new songs:mf_rosetinted:

Mika... please, one day, could we hear your back catalogue? Don't care how produced they are. Demo's is fine. Just want to hear the essence of the songs. Lyrics and tune. Thankyou:biggrin2:

excatly my feelings...

Mika... please, one day, could we hear your back catalogue? Don't care how produced they are. Demo's is fine. Just want to hear the essence of the songs. Lyrics and tune.- Home recording at your piano will be more then fine :wub2:

I dont even think I can describe my feeling for it- just imagine all that material... wow... I dont know what to say really... 50 songs... even more... just wow... :tears::wub2:

Okay everything but the second, I can't translate it, nothing new tho

-------------------------

Do you stay faithful to your trademark: talking about heavy subjects to pop music?

More than ever! In my songs, the lyrics are realistic, sad or happy but the music always has to be happy. I think it’s the perfect combination for a pop song.

----------

:roftl: I loved this part, don't know why

----------

Are you addicted to new ways of communication?

I use youtube a lot on my phone. The potential of video and tv on mobiles is huge and it’s a very important way for an artist to broadcast. I had the chance that my fans are very creative and are involved in my music and my universe. Our reports are very interactive: I use myspace and twitter to communicate. I keep in mind that I have the internet to thank for a huge part of my success.

What’s your wildest dream?

Creating a huge spectacle last minute on flashmob on the champs-elysees and invite as many as possible to this immense improvised parade!

(wth is flashmob? )

Oh, I found out what flashmob is, thanks wikipedia :aah:

A flash mob (or flashmob) is a large group of people who assemble suddenly in a public place, perform an unusual action for a brief time, then quickly disperse. The term flash mob is generally applied only to gatherings organized via telecommunications, social media, or viral emails. The term is generally not applied to events organized by public relations firms or as publicity stunts.

A flash mob (or flashmob) is a large group of people who assemble suddenly in a public place, perform an unusual action for a brief time, then quickly disperse. The term flash mob is generally applied only to gatherings organized via telecommunications, social media, or viral emails. The term is generally not applied to events organized by public relations firms or as publicity stunts.

wow I never knew that!

Although I think this is one

Now this is spooky. This is the second time in as many days that I've heard about this phenomenon.

Thanks for the translations Droopsy :flowers2:

• 3 weeks later...

excatly my feelings...

Mika... please, one day, could we hear your back catalogue? Don't care how produced they are. Demo's is fine. Just want to hear the essence of the songs. Lyrics and tune.- Home recording at your piano will be more then fine :wub2:

chickadee & inbar_assaf that would be a great idea if years from now Mika would release songs from his catalogue that never were produced & released on some of his themed albums.:thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

Thank you Droopsy for posting & translating this article.

A Mika organized Flashmob on the Champs -Elysees would be Magnificent & so much fun!

Could you imagine how many people would turn out in France???? :thumb_yello::thumb_yello: