On LOGO: A Video Interview

dcdeb

Yup, and I can totally follow this logic, and I know this is going to sound very strange, but I think I would rather have just a text message or something than a letter. I don't know, it's something about the 'letter' part that feels weird to me. Maybe it's just because of technology, don't know :aah:

+ what did he do? He had arranged to meet this person, threw the letter in their face and ran? He just let the letter lay there whilst the person wasn't there yet for them to find? Either way I find it strange, and it wouldn't surprise me if that ex turned out to be the stalker in ring ring :roftl:

Maybe he posted it through the letterbox :aah:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No, just heard it again and he said: wrote the lyrics, left them on the table, left the room and never came back..

Weird! :aah:

maybe he slept over, had a bad sexual experience, was like "never doing that again!" and then got all whiney "WHEN IT RAIN RAIN RAINS..."

:roftl:

I can understand why Mika wrote a letter.

I mean, you write down your feelings and you say goodbye. Imagine it face to face. Mika already made up his mind and probably didn't want a conversation with the other person because they'd probably try and convert him to stay with them. By the sounds of it Mika already had a lot of hassle and was desperate to get away from it.

From what I gather, there's no "let's try and work it out" about it, just a "I can't do this anymore. I tried but it's not working. I know what I want and it's not this. See you later".

Sometimes it's best to cut people off. Cruel to be kind, I guess.

Best for who? I don't like messy breakups and some people are nutcases and just don't get it, but the way you've put it above leaves the other person clueless as to where it went wrong and how to avoid that in future. At least in Mika's letter he does describe some of what he didn't like or what didn't work for him and he doesn't just leave the person floundering.

Mika's The Boy Who Knew Too Much comes out officially next Tuesday (Sept. 22), but you can hear the full-on album today on Imeem.com. AND, we've got a little exclusive clip of Mr. Mika himself dishing about one of the album's finer tunes "Rain."

http://www.newnownext.com/2009/09/exclusive-mikas-the-boy-who-knew-too-much-album-hear-it-now-plus-video-interview.html

Watch above to see Mika chat about how the song was inspired by a breakup, and his love of the gay-80s classic tune "Smalltown Boy" by Bronski Beat. Fab! And, er, I gotta say... I'm loving Mika's daffy orange housecoat and clunky jewelry. Sooooo festive!

And you can hear "Rain" (and the whole damn album) below! Enjoy!

Isn't that the jacket he wore in Amsterdam? (I have to check that...)

What does daffy mean?

I cannot listen to the vid yet: no sound. will do later. I am very curious...

Isn't that the jacket he wore in Amsterdam? (I have to check that...)

What does daffy mean?

I cannot listen to the vid yet: no sound. will do later. I am very curious...

I was wondering the same thing. I didn't think it was a housecoat.

But daffy means...

Silly? Wacky? But in a slightly confused way, if that makes any sense.

Gosh, I've never had to try to explain that word before.

I was wondering the same thing. I didn't think it was a housecoat.

But daffy means...

Silly? Wacky? But in a slightly confused way, if that makes any sense.

Gosh, I've never had to try to explain that word before.

Tnx!

There's a first time for everything:naughty:...

Is that where Daffy Duck came from?

OMG this Bronski Beat story is becoming more ridiculous with each passing day and now somehow it has merged with the Rain breakup note story. First his mates dumped him in a club one night where he danced by himself, now we've got him deciding he wanted to write Rain in La Scala at the age of 15 :lmfao:

Well, we now know what club he's talking about, don't we? :aah:

OMG this Bronski Beat story is becoming more ridiculous with each passing day and now somehow it has merged with the Rain breakup note story. First his mates dumped him in a club one night where he danced by himself, now we've got him deciding he wanted to write Rain in La Scala at the age of 15 :lmfao:

I don't understand...:sad:

Could anyone explain?

Is that where Daffy Duck came from?

Hmmm... Maybe? :dunno:

We should ask Deb, as the resident Disney expert.

Aww, I'm honored :blush-anim-cl:

Actually, though, Daffy isn't a Disney character, but I'm pretty well

versed in Looney Toons too. :wink2: And yes, Daffy is called daffy because

he was meant to be a little crazy, a little foolish, a little goofy (who

IS a Disney character!) :naughty:

lol! Maybe she could also introduce Little Mickey Moo to Disney World.....:wink2:

I would love to! I'm ready whenever he is! :boing:

maybe he slept over, had a bad sexual experience, was like "never doing that again!" and then got all whiney "WHEN IT RAIN RAIN RAINS..."

:roftl:

Bwaahaahahahaha, omg, I think I interpreted what you meant in a wrong way, or maybe not, in that case I'll just keep on :roftl:

Aww, I'm honored :blush-anim-cl:

Actually, though, Daffy isn't a Disney character, but I'm pretty well

versed in Looney Toons too. :wink2: And yes, Daffy is called daffy because

he was meant to be a little crazy, a little foolish, a little goofy (who

IS a Disney character!) :naughty:

I would love to! I'm ready whenever he is! :boing:

Oh god:doh: You're right. I swear, I was picturing Donald Duck while I was typing, I just hadn't engaged my brain at the same time:blush-anim-cl:

And thanks for the explanation.