(Have you all heard this already? I don't see it posted, thought you

might want to know about the support act...)

Orianthi is Australia’s own guitar wunderkind. At only 24 years of age she has already experienced what most aspiring musicians only dream of; she has opened for Steve Vai, played alongside idol Carrie Underwood, traded solos with legend Carlos Santana and shared the stage with King of Pop Michael Jackson.

It is with great pleasure The Frontier Touring Company announce Orianthi to support Mika in Sydney this November. Performing this one off show in Sydney with Mika will be yet another feather in Orianthi’s already budding cap.

Adelaide girl Orianthi has grown up with music; her father was a keen musician it was no surprise that when she picked up an acoustic guitar as a child, playing it was second nature. Orianthi recalls, "When I was 11, Carlos Santana came to play Adelaide and that show really affected me. I begged my dad to get me a second hand electric guitar so I could be like Carlos, and that was it, no more acoustic. After that, I would buy all of Carlos' videos — on VHS! — which I kept rewinding to try and learn his solos. I totally wore out the tapes."

After her performance with Carrie Underwood at the 2009 Grammy Awards, the buzz for Orianthi was escalating, so much so that Michael Jackson offered her a place in his live band for his This Is It tour dates in London. Although the tour was not meant to be, just being asked was a life changing experience for the young Australian.

We are now lucky enough to see her perform at the Enmore Theatre this November in support of Mika. This modern guitar prodigy packs modern-girl power punch into shredding and she will perform tracks from her new album ‘Believe’; please welcome Orianthi.

Mika’s return to Australia will see him showcasing tracks from his highly anticipated album The Boy Who Knew Too Much. A matured Mika returns to the forefront on The Boy Who Knew Too Much. Again collaborating with Greg Wells, lead single ‘We Are Golden’ caused Perez Hilton to proclaim the track: “…epic. Huge. Massive. And, of course, happy!”, as it peaked at #10 on Australia’s ARIA chart.

As Mika returns, there’s only one thing we can expect from his performance: a sold out show.

Tickets are selling fast so don’t miss out!

http://hangout.altsounds.com/news/112887-orianthi-announced-to-support-mika-sydney-show.html

Yep, heard about it already... I think a few of us are really looking forward to seeing her... and Kelzy also told us to take pictures and vids of her...

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Deb!

Oh she was awesome in This Is It. I wondered how she managed to get that gig as she looks so young.

MJ had good taste.. sometimes.. :teehee:

Yep, heard about it already... I think a few of us are really looking forward to seeing her... and Kelzy also told us to take pictures and vids of her...

Kelzy will take pics and vids herself. :teehee:

:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

You're going for sure I hope???

Yes!! I am definitely going. I have hotel and flights booked :biggrin2:

Aww Nonzy :wub2:

CD! We'll finally catch up. Midori and lemonade.

Lol! Teegs.. Well, I already made plans to hopefully catch up with an MJ friend Monday afternoon to see TII, I forgot about all the group activities which I might not have energy for anyway. So, depending on how I feel after that.. I really need to take things as they come. We'll see. I'll pack berocca. :das:

Lol! Teegs.. Well, I already made plans to hopefully catch up with an MJ friend Monday afternoon to see TII, I forgot about all the group activities which I might not have energy for anyway. So, depending on how I feel after that.. I really need to take things as they come. We'll see. I'll pack berocca. :das:

That's okay... if you can come that'll be good.. there's room for you to come anyways.

Yes!! I am definitely going. I have hotel and flights booked :biggrin2:

Aww Nonzy :wub2:

CD! We'll finally catch up. Midori and lemonade.

Hahaha. I can't believe you remembered. It's not going to happen! But yeah, we'll catch up:biggrin2:

I hope he's damn good after all the promises we've made that it will be worth the wait. :naughty:

:roftl: Yeah, if he fails at giving me "da stare" then I'll be tracking down you and freddie and demanding an explanation.. and perhaps a psychiatric assessment. :naughty:

No..:teehee:

HOW DOES IT FEEEEELIN MY ARRRRMS?:harp:

This song makes me feel speshul.

:roftl: You are specshul. :freak:

:roftl: Yeah, if he fails at giving me "da stare" then I'll be tracking down you and freddie and demanding an explanation.. and perhaps a psychiatric assessment. :naughty:

An assessment for yourself or for me and Freddie for being delusional? :naughty:

Kind of like the evil eye I guess? I think it's her imagination though. :teehee:

:roftl: I bet I know why too. She hogged him in PPR and he found out. :shun:

That will make her cringe :teehee:

I'm going to practice my stink eye now. Just in case. :pinkbow: