hello from Melbourne

mici3023

Hello from Mici in Melbourne, Australia.

I've been a fan of Mika since Grace Kelly saturated our airways and have been lurking here for a couple of weeks. With the announcement of the Sydney gig I thought it time to slink out of the closet. Ta ta closet.:wink2:

I am mum to Flossies, young 'uns, who are also Mika Mad. I did the right thing with the first Flossie and played her the Wiggles non stop but discovered to my horror that there is a finite number of times you can listen to Hot Potato. By the time the littlest Flossie arrived, it was a case of stuff it, come listen with mummy to Mika, Sliimy, Muse, etc etc. She's one Funky Flossie and still in nappies. I did learn that there appears to be a finite number of times you can listen to Lollypop back to back, non stop in one session. We made it to 18 times a fortnight ago. Yes, slightly less sane as a result but it's OK, Songs of Sorrow arrived that very afternoon and our playlist expanded. Life saver, phew! However, now the littlest Flossie wont eat her fish fingers after many listens to Lady Jayne. Thanks Mika...:sneaky2:

I'm am flying the biggest Flossie up to Sydney in November for her birthday to see Mika. I'm literally bouncing around just at the thought of it!!!:pbjt:

OK, maybe I will catch up with other Aussie fans in Sydney soon.

Cheers

Mici

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello from Mici in Melbourne, Australia.

I've been a fan of Mika since Grace Kelly saturated our airways and have been lurking here for a couple of weeks. With the announcement of the Sydney gig I thought it time to slink out of the closet. Ta ta closet.:wink2:

I am mum to Flossies, young 'uns, who are also Mika Mad. I did the right thing with the first Flossie and played her the Wiggles non stop but discovered to my horror that there is a finite number of times you can listen to Hot Potato. By the time the littlest Flossie arrived, it was a case of stuff it, come listen with mummy to Mika, Sliimy, Muse, etc etc. She's one Funky Flossie and still in nappies. I did learn that there appears to be a finite number of times you can listen to Lollypop back to back, non stop in one session. We made it to 18 times a fortnight ago. Yes, slightly less sane as a result but it's OK, Songs of Sorrow arrived that very afternoon and our playlist expanded. Life saver, phew! However, now the littlest Flossie wont eat her fish fingers after many listens to Lady Jayne. Thanks Mika...:sneaky2:

I'm am flying the biggest Flossie up to Sydney in November for her birthday to see Mika. I'm literally bouncing around just at the thought of it!!!:pbjt:

OK, maybe I will catch up with other Aussie fans in Sydney soon.

Cheers

Mici

:roftl: Nice to meet you. I'm very tempted to start calling you Flossie, just because it's brings back so many memories of my childhood.

So, how old is the Biggest Flossie going to be? My DS will be 13 in November and I had talked about taking him with me, but he's not actually showing as much interest now as he was, and I'm kinda glad. He doesn't need to see Mum lose it over some pop star:naughty:

Hope you pop into the Aussie thread sometime and say hello there also:biggrin2:

:roftl: Nice to meet you. I'm very tempted to start calling you Flossie, just because it's brings back so many memories of my childhood.

So, how old is the Biggest Flossie going to be? My DS will be 13 in November and I had talked about taking him with me, but he's not actually showing as much interest now as he was, and I'm kinda glad. He doesn't need to see Mum lose it over some pop star:naughty:

Hope you pop into the Aussie thread sometime and say hello there also:biggrin2:

Hi,

I do actually answer to Flossie! We all do. Even the critters.

The biggest Flossie will be 10 years old the Sunday after Mika's gig. Bit young I know, but hey, I was 11 when I nicked off school to see Adam and the Ants in complete war paint and costume.:aah::aah: and what a better first gig could you hope for??!

So you dont think DS will want to go? Shame, but I know what you mean about mum acting like a goon. My friends think I've regressed back to a 16 yo but hey, I haven't been this excited about an album release or a tour in YEARS!

Are you a Sydneysider or are you like us and intending to spend your whole tax return on flights, tix, hotels etc??

Thanks so much for replying. I popped into the Aussie site last night and said hi and will go back in there soon

cheers

mici

Are you a Sydneysider or are you like us and intending to spend your whole tax return on flights, tix, hotels etc??

Thanks so much for replying. I popped into the Aussie site last night and said hi and will go back in there soon

cheers

mici

I didn't really introduce myself well, did I?

I'm Tegan, the Aussie representative... I'll be keeping the info about the concert and what we're doing, mostly cause the others are very good at procrastinating! :naughty:

If you have any questions about the site, feel free to ask me, happikali (Aussie Mod) or any of the others... we're a pretty knowledgable bunch!

I'll answer your question seeing as she hasn't.. She's from Canberra... there's not that many from Sydney, I think there's only about 4... Everyone else (including me) are flying in or going by car/bus...

Hi,

I do actually answer to Flossie! We all do. Even the critters.

The biggest Flossie will be 10 years old the Sunday after Mika's gig. Bit young I know, but hey, I was 11 when I nicked off school to see Adam and the Ants in complete war paint and costume.:aah::aah: and what a better first gig could you hope for??!

So you dont think DS will want to go? Shame, but I know what you mean about mum acting like a goon. My friends think I've regressed back to a 16 yo but hey, I haven't been this excited about an album release or a tour in YEARS!

cheers

mici

As Tegan said, I'm not a Sydneysider. However, I'm not from Canberra:shun: I just happen to live in Canberra.:naughty:

And I'm not spending any tax return on this, I'm getting this as a Christmas present from hubby:teehee::naughty: But yes, I am doing the whole out of town thing. A bunch of us are looking at staying together in a hostel cos then we can pretty much book out whole rooms. And I'm tossing up whether to go by plane (which is pretty cheap) or by bus (which is a whole lot cheaper again!)

I didn't really introduce myself well, did I?

I'm Tegan, the Aussie representative... I'll be keeping the info about the concert and what we're doing, mostly cause the others are very good at procrastinating! :naughty:

If you have any questions about the site, feel free to ask me, happikali (Aussie Mod) or any of the others... we're a pretty knowledgable bunch!

I'll answer your question seeing as she hasn't.. She's from Canberra... there's not that many from Sydney, I think there's only about 4... Everyone else (including me) are flying in or going by car/bus...

OI!! I had to go out, my lovely. I'm back now and was just about to answer:tongue2:

:naughty:

As Tegan said, I'm not a Sydneysider. However, I'm not from Canberra:shun: I just happen to live in Canberra.:naughty:

And I'm not spending any tax return on this, I'm getting this as a Christmas present from hubby:teehee::naughty: But yes, I am doing the whole out of town thing. A bunch of us are looking at staying together in a hostel cos then we can pretty much book out whole rooms. And I'm tossing up whether to go by plane (which is pretty cheap) or by bus (which is a whole lot cheaper again!)

OI!! I had to go out, my lovely. I'm back now and was just about to answer:tongue2:

:naughty:

Yeah sure... just like I'm not from Orange... I only reside here :naughty:

Which do you think you'll do?

Righto then :teehee:

Yeh! good time to join , welcome to the MFC:thumb_yello:

Not surprised you're here... you love the Aussies, don't you Freddie!